autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush

Review: Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush, heavy duty wheel brush

Description from AG

“The Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush was designed for the detailer that requires a brush built to withstand the rigorous use of every day wheel cleaning. From the half-inch thick, heavy-duty non-slip polypropylene handle to the chemically resistant Nylex bristles, the Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush was designed to outperform and outlast any other wheel brush. Remove the time and effort associated with wheel cleaning and clean your wheels with the Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush.

The Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush is the answer to hundreds of emails and dozens of phone calls from loyal Autogeek customers over the years asking for a wheel brush that could be used, abused, washed and reused thousands of times. After countless design changes and what seemed like endless hours of testing, the Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush was born. We’ll say without hesitation that the Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush is the most rugged, well-built wheel brush available.”

First I am going to start with my thoughts and conclude with various pics and comments.

First Impression: WOW! This thing is heavy duty, the handle is a non-slip rubber and is thick enough for me to grab without it slipping. One thing that bummed me out was that it did not bend like the Jr. But that’s ok this brush is not to substitute for anything but is a compliment to my wheel woolies and Daytona jr. When I first saw this brush it I knew it was perfect for my wifes CRV and my old skool Acura due to the huge open spokes.

I will continue to comment with the pictures of my review and thoughts. This was used on 2 vehicles this past Saturday. I drove down to FL to trade in my wifes car so I got a chance to clean my mom’s expedition. I last washed this in October when I did this review Review: Blackfire Rapidfire
    The other car was my wifes Honda CRV before trading it in.

First the expedition
    It was raining as I was doing this so I focused on one rim.

Sprayed the rim down with TRIX

So I started to use the Daytona, ….well the rotors are huge on the expedition so I could not get the brush through to the barrels had to bring out my JR. Even with limited usage on the expedition I do wish the new Daytona had some sort of guard that would prevent splash back.

I sprayed the expeditions wheels down with APC and continued the job

And done.. The tires are still wet and not dressed. They got another wash after the rain stopped.

Even in the rain I had to get the CRV done quick and this is where the Daytona shined. It was great for the wide open spokes of the CRV, but again I do wish there was something for the splash back. I even slowed down and took the brush out in a turning motion.

The opening

Quick Final Thoughts: This brush is a great addition to my collection, the build quality is bullet proof and should last you years and years. It works great on my Acura and should on all other wheels with big openings. I do wish it had some sort of shield for the splash back even something small like the jr, but I will continue to play with it to see if I can find a better method. This brush along with the angled wheel woolies makes a great team to get the rims nice and clean.

Enjoy and feel free to ask questions.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush

Nice review. I want to get one of these since it seems to be perfect for SUVs and pick up.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Nice review. I want to get one of these since it seems to be perfect for SUVs and pick up.
    Thanks Jim!
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Just being honest.... this Pro version splashes even more

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! I was thinking about getting one, but I think I will pass now.

One thing I hate about my daytona and daytona jr is the splash back. I tried Nick's method of turning the brush as I removed it and it splashed back even more!!

There's nothing to stop the splash and when using chemicals like Meguiar's wheel brightener, the idea of splash back honestly scares me. Hydrofluoric acid can eat through skin very very easily.
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

As always, great review, Dhaval. I currently have a Daytona speed brush, not the Jr. Would this brush be a wise investment? Or, should I just keep using my Daytona until it breaks then get this new one?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, i'd rather stick with the original Daytona brush....
    This Pro version, does have a beefier handle.... but is not as long as the original, and the way it is made because of the handle, caused more splash back. And not to mention, it is not flexible. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the original daytona brush

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. It does look rather beefy now. Hearing that it possibly slings even more just reassures me that the Raceglaze XL wheel brush is still one of the best wheel brushes available.
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing
    Making the city shine, one car at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Dhaval.

The pro version seems to be of a very sturdy construction.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job Dhaval. Looks like a good purchase for the long run.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast