autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 38 : Chemical Guys - V32 Optical Grade Extreme Compound Review Vs Meguiars M105 and M101

Chemical Guys released their revamped polish line ~within the last year, it debuted with 3 products -- V34 V36 and V38
    I pickedup the V34 in a quest for a new compound to replace my m105 which performs great but is zero fun to work with. I was disappointed in v34 for its lack of cut. V34 isn't a bad product by any means, it just wasn't what I was looking for. Many others felt the same. Chemical Guys responded by releasing V32 which has a deeper cut than V34 however still finishes excellent. I didn't have high hopes this product as I was highly anticipating the release of Meguiars M101. I pickedup V32 to try against m101 and surely I thought V32 was outclassed in this battle, man was I impressed with what V32 brought to the table.
    Let me round off what V32 did for me over multiple corrections in direct sunlight and out of direct sunlight in hot humid days and cold dry days, I've had the chance to use these in just about every scenario
    V32 cuts excellent and finishes great
    V32 has a great working time, best in class from my experience (by far)
    V32 smells great, a better user experience
    I would take chemical guys 16 oz bottles and their dispenser over meg's clunky 32 oz bottles and dispensers every day
    I'm a big fan of V32's styling -- the bright color and dark background contrast, aside from the visual appeal it makes selecting the right bottle easy and quick.
    I found 105 and 101 to cut a bit quicker than V32 however V32's superior work time more than makes up for this
    V32 is a bit pricey, however so is 101..
    I was disappointed in M101, it is a big advancement over 105 however I believe it still has room for improvement
    V32 truly is ultra low dusting, when using it properly it will not really dust at all

This review is from my experiences, I'm not here to debate this or that, anything negative keep it out of my thread.

V32 in conjunction with Light Fantastic

For more info and input on DoDo Juice Light Fantastic ( A Comprehensive Review )
    SON1C Synopsis 37 : DoDo Juice Carnauba Waxes - Light Fantastic Soft Wax Review

V32 has become my go to compound, it saves me time and is a pleasure to use. 105 and 101 have just been collecting dust, I'll use up the rest of 105 and 101 but have no desire at all to pickup either of them again.

A big shout out to autogeek, chemical guys, american muscle, stangmods, northern virginia mustang club, fueled lifestyle, and jsou!

V32 + m205 afters topped with Signature Series II
    SON1C Synopsis 20: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance - Signature Series II Paste Wax Review Picture Heavy :D (Featuring Dodo Juice, Mothers, Chemical Guys)
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...m101-m105.html

Thanks for viewing!
    Last edited by SON1C; 05-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Super Member ObsessiveAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not comparing the Chemical Guys V Line of polishes & compounds to this or that either... But they are now my new go to for all my correction jobs. The prices are not too bad on the gallon sizes if you have a need for that quantity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Josh Bachman
    Obsessive Auto & Marine Detail
    www.obsessiveautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 38 : Chemical Guys - V32 Optical Grade Extreme Compound Review Vs Meguiars M105 and M101

I bought CG's sample pack of their V32-V38 series. I wanted to try them out on my cars first before I bought big bottles of anything. I want to do a two-step correction at most along with Menzerna Powerlock for the sealant.

Which two CG products would you use? V32 followed by V36 or V38? (Does 36 finish out good enough?) Should I try 34 first to see how well it works or just go straight to the 32 since 34 sounds like a waste of time?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 38 : Chemical Guys - V32 Optical Grade Extreme Compound Review Vs Meguiars M105 and M101

Quote Originally Posted by ObsessiveAutoDetail View Post
    Not comparing the Chemical Guys V Line of polishes & compounds to this or that either... But they are now my new go to for all my correction jobs. The prices are not too bad on the gallon sizes if you have a need for that quantity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    lol I don't mind this input at all OAD, it's just when people come in here bringing a bunch of negative input etc, I remove all negatives from my life and I don't have much tolerance for them on here
    but yeah that's a great point, I wasn't aware they were sold by the gallon? I know they have sample sizes and 32 oz sizes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
    I bought CG's sample pack of their V32-V38 series. I wanted to try them out on my cars first before I bought big bottles of anything. I want to do a two-step correction at most along with Menzerna Powerlock for the sealant.

Which two CG products would you use? V32 followed by V36 or V38? (Does 36 finish out good enough?) Should I try 34 first to see how well it works or just go straight to the 32 since 34 sounds like a waste of time?
    It really depends on the paintwork, v38 is a really light cut

I'd start with v36 on a moderate pad, probably orange and work it well, if that's not getting the job done I'd try v34 and then v32

while I imagine v32 would be fine on your paintwork it goes back to the remove as little clearcoat as possible

v36 finishes very well typically there is a video of greg / handz using it on a trashed hood and it's a pretty good showcase of the product I'll find the link
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgeOXulAZC8]How To: 1-Step Polishing To Remove Swirls and Scratches - Chemical Guys Paint Correction EPIC SHINE - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Drew!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thoryamaha919 View Post
    Looks good Drew!
    thanks evan

Post Thanks / Like

1-Cute dog, whats his name?
    2-Nice review and 50/50s too (didn't even know 32 existed, only knew of 34-38)
    3-When did you become mobile? lol I thought you were a weekend warrior like most of us on here
    4-As far as M205 goes (noticed you got the gallon); how would you compare that to the lower cuts of the V line such as 34-36?
    5-Do you plan to ever get a Rupes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
    1-Cute dog, whats his name?
    2-Nice review and 50/50s too (didn't even know 32 existed, only knew of 34-38)
    3-When did you become mobile? lol I thought you were a weekend warrior like most of us on here
    4-As far as M205 goes (noticed you got the gallon); how would you compare that to the lower cuts of the V line such as 34-36?
    5-Do you plan to ever get a Rupes?
    That's teddy, he's the man!
    Thank you, yeah it doesn't receive much press especially here
    I've always been mobile, the majority of my clients are mobile based, it's just the volume fluctuates and I used to never post about my business on here
    I haven't worked with them enough to give you too much feedback, v38 is similar to menz sf4500 and v36 should compare with m205, v36 is marketing as having a lot of cut but still finishing great, so I want to say it'd be more like d151 as opposed to m205 but overall I'd have to get back to you on this as all my corrections as of late have been on trashed paintwork
    Yeah a rupes is high on my hit list, it's just tough when my trusty gg has never let me down
    So I want one but don't see one in my immediate future possibly if a great sale pops up on it for Black Friday or Christmas etc

Post Thanks / Like
    This is quite an eye opener as CG has never been known for their polishes. Excellent read.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast