autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb SON1C Synopsis 45 : Rubbish Boy's and Dodo Juice - Rubbishboys Original Edition Home Brew Carnauba Wax Review

As some may know, I've been developing my own Carnauba Wax, which if interested you can read further about it here
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ure-heavy.html

Due to this I was incredibly intrigued and inspired by Ben ( Rubbishboys ) and his wax. Ben created his wax via Home Brew in ~2008 with the backing of Dodo Juice and also Dodo Juice altering his original edition wax to create the Rubbishboys Juiced Edition (Which Autogeek Carries but does not have in stock currently Dodo Juice Rubbish Boy’s Juiced Edition Carnauba Wax, Rubbishboys wax, dodo wax, carnuaba car wax, soft tropical wax ) Ben brought two very successful and quality waxes to the Detailing scene.

Enough history class, you came here to view the performance of the product!
    First thoughts, it's heavy, it feels heavy in the hand, in a good way, it must be all of that Carnauba packed into it
    This wax is incredibly hard, the hardest wax I have ever used hands down, it is definitely usable but you have to put more effort into getting wax onto the applicator, this isn't necessarily a bad thing and it made the wax very difficult to "overuse"

Smell -> good, pleasant Orange smell

Natural Color

Application -> easy on, spreads relatively far, didn't haze in a typical fashion, it became tacky, I left it on for up to 30 minutes and it did not haze in a typical fashion, however I simply buffed after 5-10 minutes when it was tacky and appear to have had no issue with bonding as you can view in this beading and sheeting video
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36LHdhrypk]Rubbishboys Original Edition Carnauba Wax Beading and Sheet - YouTube[/video]

After application and buff off pictures ..

Post 1 of 2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 45 : Rubbish Boy's and Dodo Juice - Rubbishboys Original Edition Home Brew Carnauba Wax Review

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 45 : Rubbish Boy's and Dodo Juice - Rubbishboys Original Edition Home Brew Carnauba Wax Review

Thanx for sharing mate ! Love this wax , seen that thread of rubbishboy in another forum months ago .

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    Thanx for sharing mate ! Love this wax , seen that thread of rubbishboy in another forum months ago .
    Yup long time ago

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psynx View Post
    Yup long time ago

It was when I registered in that particular forum like in August of last year or so , found it really interesting as well .

Post Thanks / Like

keep at it sonic!
    as always, a great review. everytime I want to purchase a wax, there is usually a sonic synopsis on it, and believe it or not the synopsis can make or break a purchase. lol

as a fellow admitted waxaholic, cannot wait until the release of some son1cwax, it will be some good stuff for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Sonic........you remind me of me back in the 80`s when I was a self trained Chef that worked his way up ladder and had the rich and famous to test new recipes on.We had no test kitchens back then so we would dream up recipes in our sleep and had unlimited food cost (sometimes) to create new and different trends.I went on to discover and teach farmers in south and central America how to grow miniature lettuce for sale in the US.I also studied food science only to learn that even with formulas every thing is subjective.I dont think I could ever write a cook book in honesty because it`s all subjective to the ingredients involved.Yes I am that anal(with food).With a car wax if it has somewhat longevity across the board and you can get the price point where it needs to be than "GOD BLESS".
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sproketser View Post
    It was when I registered in that particular forum like in August of last year or so , found it really interesting as well .
    Lol

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Car looks nice Drew! After you sent me pictures via text over the weekend I got pretty interested in this RubbishBoys wax. Cool stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Do you have plans for the juiced edition?

Larry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast