autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax

Product Review: Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax
    Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax will give you a deep, wet finish will exceed your expectations. car wax, carnauba paste wax, pinnacle

Description: (Taken from AG's website)

A rich, deep shine from nature’s finest ingredients!

Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax creates a warm, wet-looking shine with nature’s finest wax and fruit oils. The results are sizzling shine, depth, and reflection that enhance any type and color of paint. Signature Series II is the most impressive wax in its class. In fact, many higher priced waxes can’t compare to the shine of Signature Series II.

Pinnacle Signature Series II is an exceptional value. One 8 oz. jar of Pinnacle Signature Series II contains at least 25 glossy applications. Signature Series II contains no cleaners and can be layered multiple times to increase depth and brilliance.

Pinnacle Signature Series II is an upgrade, a reformulation of our original Signature Series Wax. This gave our chemist an opportunity to reassess the wax and incorporate the newest blending techniques and ingredients. The result is a superior car wax that meets all VOC standards and looks better than ever.

During research and development, he found that the “jetting factor” of the wax could be improved with the addition of a new liquid crystal polymer. This polymer was originally designed to form resins for use in electronic connectors. For our purposes, the polymer is left in a semi-liquid state that both softens the carnauba and enhances the wax’s reflective nature. The result is a wetter, glossier finish that brings out the best in any color paint finish.

Just like Souverän™, the prime ingredient in Pinnacle Signature Series II is Brazilian Ivory Carnauba. Carnauba wax is world-renown for its crystal clarity, its protective properties and its uncanny shimmer.

No other natural wax is as sought after as No. 1 yellow carnauba wax, deemed the purest and highest quality by Brazil’s government inspectors. Once our chemist purifies the wax again, it is blended with Pinnacle’s proprietary ingredients to make Pinnacle Signature Series II.

In addition to carnauba, Signature Series II contains a complex blend of polymers and oils that wet the paint to give it head-turning gloss and reflection!

As always, Pinnacle Signature Series II has a buttery texture and inviting aroma that make it a pleasure to apply. It goes on effortlessly and buffs to a crystal clear shine. The wax will not dry to a white chalk and will not stain trim or molding. Apply it any time of day, even in hot, humid conditions. Signature Series II will not streak or cloud.

We invite you to try Pinnacle Signature Series II on your own vehicle. The deep, wet finish will exceed your expectations. On any paint color, the wax is glossier, wetter, and deeper. In fact, it has earned the same silk bag as Souverän, Pinnacle’s ultimate wax.

Each jar of Pinnacle Signature Series II is hand poured to maintain a high level of quality and consistency. A poly foam applicator is included.

Price:

$49.99 for a 8oz jar.

Introduction:

I didn't really plan on doing a review for this product. I planned on using this wax after I washed my wife's car today. It was my first time using it so I didn't know what to expect or how well it will work. I just heard great things about this wax so I was very excited to give it a go. Because of this, please excuse my lack of pictures.

Opinions and Observations:

As the product description said, the wax is based from yellow carnauba wax and the color of the wax matches the description as shown:

When using this wax, your applicator pad doesn't turn to a different color like Fuzion or BlackICE. The product transferred to the foam applicator pad is whitish yellow, which is similar to your traditional paste waxes. This is a picture of my foam applicator pad after use:

Now let's talk about application and removal. The wax is a hard type of wax so the texture looks very hard and dry. But as you rub your foam applicator pad against the wax, you can literally see the wax become moist and start to melt. Just a little wiggle of the pad inside the jar will transfer adequate product to the applicator pad that can do at least 2 panels. This wax applies like butter. It was sooooo easy and it spreads like no other. A little goes a very long way - it means you won't be using a lot of wax per vehicle and a jar will last you a very long time. While covering the first panel, I knew that I would love this wax and use it often. This is a WOWO type of wax so there's no need to let the wax dry. You can apply the wax to a panel and remove it immediately. I tried this method and letting the wax dry and cure for about 10 minutes. Removal of the wax was a breeze with both methods. I prefer to let the wax dry a little bit because I think it makes a better bond to the paint but that's just my belief.

This wax has a very pleasant smell which makes wax application a good experience.

I can't really comment on this wax's durability because I need to wait do form an opinion about it. I'll try to report back regarding this subject but I'm not really sure if my results will be dependable because I use a lot of QD/WW/spray waxes to clean up my car. But I won't doubt that this wax will have good durability because it contains polymers in it.

Now let's talk about the look and shine. This wax produced a very crisp and deep shine. It made our black car look very reflective and shiny. My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I pulled the car out of the sun. I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Look at that awesome reflection!!!!

This wax also made the surface very smooth and slick, which is normal for all LSPs.

Conclusion:

This is a great wax and an good value for your money. It applies very easily and removal is a piece of cake. Waxing your car will not feel like work at all. It will also make your paint shine with great reflections to boot. All these reasons made me extremely happy and excited enough to do a review. If you don't have this wax yet, you need to go to AG's website right now and add it to your cart. Forget all the expensive waxes like Fuzion, Souveran, BlackICE, etc for the moment. You can't beat how well this wax works for the price.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax

Hi Marc...

Thanks for this outstanding review of Sig Series II!!

-I'll admit that, even though this is the most expensive wax I've ever purchased
    (on sale for $39.99)... this is one wax-product that I'm grateful in having.

And as you stated: Everyone should have a tub of it.

-Durability is always determinate upon a vehicle's environmental exposure; wash/dry cycles; etc...
    But I've found SSII's to be on par with the majority of other carnuba-based waxes.

-Thanks again for your time and effort spent in presenting this review for the:
    AGO-forum-folks' perusing-pleasure!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Marc. You always have great indepth reviews from the consumer side of things and always give an honest opinion.

I agree that this wax looks great for the price tag. Not too expensive for those looking to have a great protection at an affordable price.

Great job Marc!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliments, Bob and Evan! I'm glad you guys enjoyed reading it and I sincerely appreciate the kind words.

It's really hard to do a review of a wax. I think words best describe on how great this product is and everyone should really try it.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Hi Marc...

Thanks for this outstanding review of Sig Series II!!

-I'll admit that, even though this is the most expensive wax I've ever purchased
    (on sale for $39.99)... this is one wax-product that I'm grateful in having.

Bob
    I really enjoy reading all your responses. Thanks for taking time to read and post.

To be honest with you, I really don't think there's a need to try more expensive waxes. If there's a difference, it's probably not proportional to the price jump. This wax is such a pleasure to use. I hope AG doesn't ban me for saying that LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

great review, I had similar thoughts in my review awhile back, this is still one of my favorite waxes and an awesome value
    SON1C Synopsis 20: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance - Signature Series II Paste Wax Review Picture Heavy :D (Featuring Dodo Juice, Mothers, Chemical Guys)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    great review, I had similar thoughts in my review awhile back, this is still one of my favorite waxes and an awesome value
    SON1C Synopsis 20: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance - Signature Series II Paste Wax Review Picture Heavy :D (Featuring Dodo Juice, Mothers, Chemical Guys)
    lol I had a good chuckle when I read this.

Your best buddy complimenting you and doing whatcha hate... gotta love it

all joking aside, great review Marc, and the car looks great

if you liked SS2, I am sure you would like DP Max Wax as well (which I am sure you have since you been a AG for a while), to me they both perform pretty similar and looks similar, and don't get much mentions but work well

*by the way, I noticed your lid is like mines! for some reason both my max wax and ss2 have this weird lid problem that it the top pushes up? or the bottom caves in...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Marc! I haven't used this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot rock012345!

No I don't have DP max Wax. I haven't been impressed with their poli coat and rinse less wash so I didn't want to try anything else in the DP line.

Thanks so much for your kind words, Mike!!! I hope all is well with you. Pls stay hydrated while detailing.

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review Marc. I've been contemplating on buying some of this wax for awhile now.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody give me suggestions on how to apply this by porter cable, Im the type of person that loves the warm glowe of carnuaba in the old way of aplly it but been steered away from them (sig, series) due to the fact I don't know how to apply them with my buffer ????? help please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast