autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

REVIEW: Mckee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax

Hello AGO! Today I used Mckee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax for the 2nd time, and I must say that I have really fallen in love with this product. Here are a few of the basics about the product taken from AG (Only used as a Rinseless so far, so that is what I'm grabbing):

Rinseless Wash

McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax is packed with lubricants that wrap around dirt and grit to elevate it just above the paint surface. Specialized polymers grab dirt and trap it within the slippery solution of lubricants and water. As you wipe the wet surface with a microfiber towel, the dirt will stick to the towel, not the paint. Upon drying the surface, it will feel super slick and have an incredible gloss. In fact, McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax offers more surface protection, slickness, and shine than any other quick wash or rinseless wash on the market!

Directions:

Rinseless Wash - Dilute 1 ounce of super-concentrated McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax in TWO gallons of water.Soak a microfiber towel or sheepskin mitt (any paint-safe wash tool will work) in the mixture and wash the vehicle one section at a time. Re-wet the towel or mitt as needed. Note: Use the two-bucket method to further protect your vehicle from wash-induced swirls. Rinse the wash tool in a bucket of clean water before re-wetting it in the wash bucket. Dry each section with a second clean microfiber towel.

Now... onto the show!!!

Products Used:

- 1oz of Mckee's 37 Wash & Wax
    - 2 Gallons of Palm Beach County's finest public water
    - 5 gallon clear bucket
    - Random bucket from target or something
    - 6 Shine and Buff Waterless Wash Towel
    - 1 Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave Towel 20x40
    - 2 Microfiber All Purpose & Wheel Detailing Towel

Candidates for Wash:

2012 Kia Optima:

- 60,000 miles
    - Last wash 1 week ago using two bucket method and foam gun
    - Current LSP is Collinite 845 topped with pinnacle souveran spray wax (Collinite applied 6 weeks ago, souveran applied last week)

​2015 Chrysler 300:
    - 5500 miles
    - Last wash 1 week ago using Mckee's 37
    - Current LSP is Collinite 845 topped with pinnacle souveran paste wax (Collinite applied about 4 weeks ago, souveran applied 2 weeks ago)

Here is the Product in all it's glory:

After filling the bucket and mixing the 1 oz of product I let the towels dwell as directed for at least a minute:

While I waited for the towels to absorb the product accordingly I took some pictures of the cars to be washed this morning. As you can see, they are both dirty to an extent and are prime candidates to be cleaned!

On both cars I did one pass with a different leading edge of the towel on each section. Here is how one side of the first towel looked after doing one half of the first roof:

As you can see it did a great job of trapping the dirt and really left a nice slick surface on the paint. Here are the roofs of both cars in a similar position as the before shots:

Here are the after shots once both the cars were complete... ​The total time from no shine to tire shine on both cars was 1 hour and 7 minutes!!! This included me stopping to take pictures.

Thoughts:

This product is great to use! Very easy and leaves a nice glossy, reflective shine on the paint. Using the towels (and never reintroducing them back into the bucket once used) I can get 4 washes out of 1 oz of product. What does that mean? The cost of the product to wash the car per wash at full retail of the 16oz bottle is only $0.21!!!! That is cheaper than running the car through your local swirl-o-matic wash, and more than likely the same time it takes to drive, wait in line, and drive home.

According to the AG team, this product could theoretically be used with no other LSP for protection. I will still use LSP because waxing is fun and looks great afterwards but, the ease of use with this, cost of use, and shine it leaves behind is absolutely fantastic!

Hopefully this helps someone if they are on the fence to try it out, I highly recommend it!

Thanks for reading!
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW: Mckee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax

I have so many rinseless washes, what's one more...??? I'll order a bottle for using on the DP (now McKee's) Paint Coated ATS4.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    I have so many rinseless washes, what's one more...??? I'll order a bottle for using on the DP (now McKee's) Paint Coated ATS4.
    I can only compare this to ONR personally, and I honestly feel this did a little better job of grabbing dirt than ONR. The product seemed to be a little thicker when mixed than ONR, and I would attribute that to the wax and polymer additives.

However, I will continue to use my ONR as a clay lube when I decide to strip down the paint completely.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the stuff!!!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I love the stuff!!!
    I can see why, this stuff was really impressive... Also, the price point is awesome.