autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant

I don't know if I would use iron x soap to wash,to me your making your paint bare ,then applying some sort of car wash sealer.I would of washed it with very little soap then spray waxed it with reload for longevity or waxed it.That process is cutting corners,hydro 2 would be great on a large plane or boat or rv where time is limited.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    I have yet to use it for a whole car, so I was just going by what I was told earlier in the what did you do today thread.
    It's also not user friendly in the sun,or if the car is somewhat warm streaks galore.maybe good for wheels that are time consuming to wax or spraywax.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    I ordered a little bottle to check it out. Hopefully it works like advertised. I figured if it was diluted to 1:6 I could make it a WOWA, if that's the correct term.
    You'll notice a trend with this product....people only have an issue with it if they don't follow the instructions to the T.

I would apply it exactly as CarPro recommends. You'll be very happy with the way it works.

Since this review/hot to was posted 2 and 1/2 years ago, I have a lot more experience with Hydro2 and I would NOT recommend applying it if the sun is out. Wait until later in the evening when the sun is setting, or wait to apply it on a cloudy day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    It's also not user friendly in the sun,or if the car is somewhat warm streaks galore.maybe good for wheels that are time consuming to wax or spraywax.
    Please check post dates and read all posts.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, how much do you sell AG pop-up canopies for?
    Francesco

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Review & How-To: CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant

I'm very impressed with this product.

I have a white Crown Vic Interceptor - big white whale of a car - and I like to keep it looking perfect. I applied it, and after a hard rain took the car out to see what would happen. Drove one mile at 50 mph and the car was completely spot free - not a drop on the car. Simply amazing.

I have noticed that if particulate matter is suspended in the water beads and is allowed to dry, it leaves small brown stains wherever it dries. again, I have a white car so it's more noticeable. I rubbed one of the stains with my thumb, but it seems embedded.

But for most dirt a MF towel with water on it will wipe it away. A good idea would be to MF or chamois off dew or rain droplets every morning before the sun dries it, but that's always good practice.

I actually came on here to see what wash to use. I can drive over to Autogeek (lucky me it's the next town over) so tomorrow I'll go pick up some waterless wash.

Astonishing product though - water will not adhere to it at all.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I should add this. I have a white car - poly one coat finish. When I tried to apply HydrO2 it was breezy and I couldn't get it to spray onto the surface. So I took an old t-shirt and soaked it in the product and applied it by hand, rinsing after each panel. I am sure I over-applied it, but rinsing quickly diminished the risk. It's not a dark color, but I don't see any streaks or fisheyes anywhere on the paint. Maybe I got lucky. I got away with this, but do not recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

What happens if you use it as full concentration, without diluting with water?
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like the perfect sealant for rims. You can cover every inch of the rim and barrel without effort and it's easy to clean of. For the rest of the car, I think I still prefer Reload. The fact you have to rinse and dry the car after application means it's not the time saver is seems to be. Rinsing and drying the car takes longer than applying Reload on a dry car. Of course if you did not polish the car and can apply it directly after washing then it is a different story. Can you apply this on a wet car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    This sounds like the perfect sealant for rims. You can cover every inch of the rim and barrel without effort and it's easy to clean of. For the rest of the car, I think I still prefer Reload. The fact you have to rinse and dry the car after application means it's not the time saver is seems to be. Rinsing and drying the car takes longer than applying Reload on a dry car. Of course if you did not polish the car and can apply it directly after washing then it is a different story. Can you apply this on a wet car?
    Yes, in fact, you are supposed to apply to a wet car, not a dry car. You wash the car, rinse it, and while it is still wet, you apply the Hydro2, rinse again, dry. But you're right, I use it mostly for rims, bumpers, hard to reach places.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast