autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)

I haven't used UWW+ in a while for whatever reason. I've been using other rinseless and waterless products. I did get a chance to use it yesterday, pre treating panels using it at waterless concentration, then cleaning them with a rinseless concentration of the product.

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361634983-050551-jpg

UWW+ not only cleans, but it protects against UV and the elements.

Why do I like this product so much? For the same price (OR LESS) than many others are selling a 32 oz bottle of RTU (ready to use) waterless wash, you can buy a whole bottle of UWW+ concentrate and make 704 oz of waterless wash. That's SEVEN HUNDRED AND FOUR vrs THIRTY TWO.

How much is 704 oz. how about a visual. Each gallon is 128 oz. 128 x 5 = 640.

[128oz (1 gallon) x 5] + 32oz(x2)= 704oz

Imagine ALL these bottles filled to the top. That's how much UWW+ waterless wash you can make from one 16oz bottle.

This is 704 oz:

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361635640-551265-jpg

Cost (assume all bottles are filled with UWW+ [waterless concentration] and water is free) : $20.99

Now, say you decide to buy 32 oz of RTU waterless wash. You will get this much (assume bottle is full):

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361638397-600757-jpg

MSRP: $22 for 32 oz. (not picking on Croftgate, I just knew their RTU waterless was priced close to the concentrate of UWW+ - many others are around this price)

That is what 32 oz looks like.

Not only that, but UWW+ works excellent as a rinseless wash as well. In fact, you will use LESS of it than other rinseless washes, because the dilution is less: 1oz : 3 gallons(Ultima) vrs 1oz : 2 gallons(others)

Now, whenever I use a rinseless, I pre-treat the panels with a waterless. UWW+ is perfect for this, because its one of the few products you can use for both. So, you are using the same chemical and the rinseless and waterless work excellent together.

Compared to the newest version of the "original" blue rinseless, I find it MUCH slicker and easier to dry. It may be the best rinseless/waterless out there. This really comes to play in colder temperatures where I find other rinseless washes just don't want to "flash" and become dry. I don't seem to have this issue with UWW+. I find even if you use it "heavy" (higher concentration) it still performs excellent. No streaks, no smears, and leaves a glossy very slick surface.

Also, when talking about this product, it's rarely mentioned the protection it leaves behind. UWW+ is boosted by Polycharger, which to my knowledge will help extend its polymer protection.

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636576-885126-jpg

I know everyone reading this knows how to do a rinseless / waterless wash, so showing pictures of a clean panel is a waste IMHO. Any rinseless will clean a panel. I believe marring a panel during a rinseless / waterless wash is more a function of technique, towels used, and how dirty the car is - than what rinseless product is used (assuming a quality product is being used)

I'm more concerned with:

-versatility of the product: UWW+ excels at rinseless, waterless, spray wax, quick detailer, and clay lube uses

- ease of use

- protection / beading left. It's not just a "wash" it does boost your LSP and leave some noticeable protection behind in my experience. This is why it works well as a spray wax / wax booster.

- cost $$$

So how does it work? Yesterday I washed my SUV using UWW+. I used no spray wax and my regular wax is about a month old.

It's raining today, so I took some pics of the beading provided by UWW+ on different surfaces:

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636669-352278-jpg

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636688-351746-jpg

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636701-434626-jpg

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636738-885073-jpg

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636750-818198-jpg

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636761-901229-jpg

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636783-418488-jpg

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636793-318250-jpg

This last pick you can see several surfaces: glass, plastic, rubber, and paint. UWW+ is beading well in all of them.

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361639796-234625-jpg

So what is the downside to UWW+? Nothing is perfect, there must be something that could be improved? Right? No. Nothing. From the cost, to the packaging, to the produc'ts performance - I could find no way to improve this product. No one little issue.
    It even smells pretty good and I like the green color:

Even the packaging is great, as it has a measuring device built into the bottle:

Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361636917-317987-jpg

I reccomend UWW+ to anyone:

- looking for an excellent waterless / rinseless. Maybe the best at both. There is no compromise in performance of either function. It maybe the slickest product out there for waterless and rinseless washing.

-trying to simplify their product purchases, since it is one of the few products that can be used as a waterless or rinseless.

- trying to save a few $$$. As you only need to buy on bottle - one product - to use as a waterless, rinseless, quick detailer, spray wax, or clay lube. Again, its not a "compromise" using it in any of those functions. It performs better than most dedicated products in those categories.

Thanks for looking. Feedback / comments welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361635934-517957-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (UWW+)

I agree 100%. Gotta love the smell of key lime pie.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I love UWW for all the reason you listed! It's awesome in every way IMO. I spray panels with UWW or Opti-Clean before using a rineless also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was the first time I EVER used a waterless wash. I received uww+ with my Presidents day order. This stuff is amazing!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I just got a bottle, and am anxious to give it a go on the RAV4 DD.

Post Thanks / Like

Just received my bottle of UWW+ this past week.

Very impressed so far.

Picked up a bottle of CG ECOSMART as well Concentrate not RTU

Plan on doing a Review and comparison on the two this coming week as we have rain until Tuesday.. So the car should be perfect for a good Cleaning at that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrocket View Post
    Just received my bottle of UWW+ this past week.

Very impressed so far.

Picked up a bottle of CG ECOSMART as well Concentrate not RTU

Plan on doing a Review and comparison on the two this coming week as we have rain until Tuesday.. So the car should be perfect for a good Cleaning at that point.
    The thing with EcoSmart is leaves a protection behind, but it hazes. You have to buff off the haze. It's not a bad product, but does require more work. I also find it cam be streaky or "ghost" because if this on dark colors.

Also, I find diluting the RTU EcoSmart 1: 0.75 make it easier to use. Not sure how this translates to the concentrate.

Best part about UWW+ is the 1:44 dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review. UWW+ is the all time WW value coming in ~ $3.50 a gallon. I do the same as you/. I keep a 2 gallon garden sprayer available for pre-soak. It is a superb rinseless too but I use and really like the V3 ONR and it is cheaper as a rinseless than UWW+. Threads like this help people get over their fears regarding ww and rinseless products. It is all about process and keeping the wash media clean. I still prefer plush MF for these.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

This rates a bump for the newer guys!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Compared to the newest version of the "original" blue rinseless, I find it MUCH slicker and easier to dry.
    You wouldn't be referring to ONR by chance would you? If so, just wanted to point out to you that the original rinseless product is actually Protect All's Quick & Easy Wash (which also happens to be blue).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast