autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Iron X Iron Remover and Daytona Speed Brush Sr. and Jr. Review

Ok so here it is, my first review. Had to do something simple because it is cold outside. Because I had my winter tires on my car I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to show a review on CarPro Iron X Iron Remover and Daytona Speed Brush Sr. and Jr. on my regular wheels.

So first things first please keep in mind that these wheels are from a car from 2008. I have only owned it for the last year. It has been driven with these wheels on over the winters. (Wish I had it from new because that wouldn't have happened)

Before:

Then I lightly Sprayed the Iron X Remover onto the wheel.

This stuff is great, smells great and changes color so you know that it is working. Just need to leave it on for about 5 minutes.

Now I used the Daytona Speed Brush Sr. and Jr. Here they are side by side so that you can get an idea of the size comparison

I would recommend buying both as they are great for different purposes. What is great about these brushes is that they bend and it is very easy to get them back to there original shape.

After bending the brushes I wanted to take the opportunity to show you what the brush looks like on the other side of the wheel.

It was extremely easy to bend it and fit it in any gap between the spokes. The bristles of the brush were flat against the back of the rim doing there job as advertised. To do the perimeter of the rim is simple as well as the brush reaches across the width of the rim no problem. FYI this is also easy when the wheel is on the car just tighter spaces around where the brakes would be.

The Daytona Jr is perfect for the lug nut holes and to fit in those tighter spaces.

This is how the rim looked afterwards, be sure to rinse everything well.

May not look like much of a difference but there is a difference. And with proper maintenance for the life of your rims they would stay clean for sure. I however didn't have that opportunity

If your looking for the best way to clean and maintain the look of your rims (the easiest way ) I definitely recommend the Daytona Brushes as MUST HAVES, and Iron X remover is one of my favourite wheel cleaners!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Iron X Iron Remover and Daytona Speed Brush Sr. and Jr. Review

"This stuff is great, smells great"

You lost me here. Send pics of nose or it didn't happen

Post Thanks / Like

^ lol, no kidding. IronX smells awful. They try and use cherry or whatever scent to mask it, but it does an awful job lol. Stuff definitely works great though

Post Thanks / Like

Ironx in no way-shape-or-form smells good. work good but...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh have you guys tried the new version? Sniffing the bottle directly, yes still smells like rotten eggs and vomit, but once sprayed out, there's actually VERY little smell, and the smell of cherries is much more stronger (but still not very noticable), which is really nice! Props to Avi for improving on the only bad side of this product! (aside from cost but it's not like we're constantly decontaminating our cars haha!)