autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in advance last night and almost bought it. Reached for the new leather sealer system Meg's has instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Meguiar's DA Power System

What happened?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    What happened?
    One thing was I wanted to have them price match some coupon they have online but the guy wouldn't do it and second didn't have enough cash on me lol.

Definitely looking to pick it up very soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvs1991 View Post
    One thing was I wanted to have them price match some coupon they have online but the guy wouldn't do it and second didn't have enough cash on me lol.

Let us know when you do! Looking forward in hearing what you think.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Marc, Funny thing is i just saw this at my local walmart last night and posted a picture up in the off-topic section. And BobbyG posted the link to this thread
    [/QUOTE]

Defiantly caught my eye and wondered how well it would work. Thanks to you know i know

I probably would not get one as i don't own a quality drill yet and already have a GG3" but you have peaked my interest in considering it still lol
    Last edited by lazyjet; 02-15-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: adding in more info

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 for Marc's awesome reviews. We got this product in a while back. For $59.99 its a little pricey for what it is. For us detailers that is, for an average joe that doesnt want to spend the money on a quality DA, it makes sense to get this.

Meguiar's has been making professional grade products for over 100 years, its interesting to see them trying to appeal to the consumer market.

Post Thanks / Like

i think the real results are shown when the car is outside in the sun for comparison. other than that from what i see here, it does look like a good product. i did not see this thread as i created one thats "using a drill for correction?" and i wanted to see what the difference was considering i seen harbor freight tools has a cheap dual action but if i were to buy a drill and all the applications for the meguire kits it would cost more. all in all, you've explained quite a bit. thx for the insight!

Post Thanks / Like

One question I have that perhaps hasn't been asked about this tool.

If for say, you accidently squeeze the trigger on the drill without having a hold of the stick handle, will the stick handle then be spinning around and around? Mark

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jvs1991 View Post

FWIW.... The stores and the online purchasing are two different entities. I shop there quite a bit, but do all my purchases online, saves a ton plus the order is waiting at the counter when I get there. I DO wish though that they'd let you hold your order with a debit/credit card and let you pay in the store via cash. But.... being totally seperate business entities it just doesn't work that way. (Makes it hard to hide little $20~$50 quickie purchases from the wife!)

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    FWIW.... The stores and the online purchasing are two different entities. I shop there quite a bit, but do all my purchases online, saves a ton plus the order is waiting at the counter when I get there. I DO wish though that they'd let you hold your order with a debit/credit card and let you pay in the store via cash. But.... being totally seperate business entities it just doesn't work that way. (Makes it hard to hide little $20~$50 quickie purchases from the wife!)
    I normally do the same thing however the new Megs stuff isn't on the website yet so I figured I'd see if they'd price match in the store, because others have done it.

I don't see why they wouldn't match it in store though. The product comes out of their inventory regardless. If I do online pick up they lose a product and don't make a sale until corporate reimburses them for it, f that's even how it works there. If they match it they make a sale and make a customer happy and more likely to come back. Anyway enough rambling.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast