autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 24 : Wolfgang Concours-Series - Black Diamond Tire Gel Review

Wolfgang Concours-Series Black Diamond Tire Gel
    Some may know.. I'm on a hunt for a superior tire and trim product.. what do I desire? a deep satin finish -> not too much sheen
    I want a product that doesn't run, a product that is cost effective, a product with good durability..
    Currently Eco Touch Tire Shine is my front runner in the category
    SON1C Synopsis 23 : Eco Touch Premium Car Care - Tire Shine Review
    and Chemical Guys Silk Shine being the worst trim and tire product that I have ever used I would take black magic over it.
    However back to the review!

Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel separates into two liquids (rather slowly after shaking so don't fret)
    the above picture is what it will look like after sitting for awhile after shaking for 15-30 seconds it returns to a milky looking substance
    As with all tire dressings etc, I test them all on the trim as well, while applying to the trim you can see a huge difference! performed very well here

when put onto an applicator the texture of this product was extremely unique and there is no other way of describing other than it was just like.. mucus.. gross but unique! one might try to call it kind of like syrup, but mucus is spot on when describing this product (nothing wrong, I just found it rather interesting lol)
    I have used this product several times now and while I have enjoyed it I don't see myself picking up another one / larger bottle, I believe the price is a bit steep, but more importantly I was dying for the look -> the look is not bad just not spot on for my taste it had a pretty good amount of sheen, like a super sharp satin, whereas I prefer a rich deep satin

Durability -> I found it to have average durability ( average of a quality product ) I'd say about 2-4 weeks outside 24/7 daily driven -> obviously this can vary

With all of that said it is definitely a quality product, and I have yet to be let down by any wolfgang products, it seems the Wolfgang brand may be a sure bet on quality products here are some pictures application and my a link to my other review on Wolfgang Fuzion
    SON1C Synopsis 16 : Wolfgang - Fuzion Review

SON1C Synopsis 9 - Wolfgang - Auto Bathe

Black Diamond Tire Gel in action

Here is the link to the full photoshoot these pictures are pulled from
    2003 Sonic SON1C Blue Mustang GT December 2012 Photoshoot Wolfgang Fuzion

Key Features -> Good look (user preference)
    Does not sling
    Does not run IME
    Works well
    Unique Texture
    Sample size can be had through AG if you're on the fence about ordering a full size bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 24 : Wolfgang Concours-Series - Black Diamond Tire Gel Review

Thanks for your review.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 24 : Wolfgang Concours-Series - Black Diamond Tire Gel Review

Quote Originally Posted by Johny B View Post
    Thanks for your review.
    Thanks for viewing Johny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review as usual

If you like satin you might like Pinnacle Black Onyx. One coat with a foam applicator, allow to cure for fifteen minutes, and then buff.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

So I see you used in on the vinyl there at the windshield cowling. What about the rubber trim there around the windshield, and say around the windows?

If it's like snot er mucus I can live with it, although it seems a bit weird huh.
    funny thing is you'd think these days we would have dedicated products that just stand out. Yet everywhere we seem to look people are still trying this and that in an attempt to find something that'll work for just one particular application. Go figure.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt 736 View Post
    Nice review as usual

If you like satin you might like Pinnacle Black Onyx. One coat with a foam applicator, allow to cure for fifteen minutes, and then buff.
    thank you!
    I'll get it as my sample on my next order then
    Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    So I see you used in on the vinyl there at the windshield cowling. What about the rubber trim there around the windshield, and say around the windows?

If it's like snot er mucus I can live with it, although it seems a bit weird huh.
    funny thing is you'd think these days we would have dedicated products that just stand out. Yet everywhere we seem to look people are still trying this and that in an attempt to find something that'll work for just one particular application. Go figure.....
    I tend not to apply there on my vehicle, because the ends don't justify the means unless its a car show! its hard to not get it all over the window and paint and clean up is annoying so I usually just let those be, especially when testing because if I had used say chemical guys G6 all over that, or chemical guys vrp, or chemical guys silk shine, the dressings would have ran all over my car within hours from moisture and I'd be a bit upset
    lol I agree! if I had to go with one tire and trim dressing currently it would be without a doubt
    SON1C Synopsis 23 : Eco Touch Premium Car Care - Tire Shine Review

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I've got a sample on the way and interested to see how it turns out.
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights

Post Thanks / Like

Great Review/ great pics as usual!!

I've been using the Tufshine Tire appearance kit.

It has been a pretty impressive product did well on my new tires and really impressed on our g35 w/ year and a half old tires.

Shiny, no sling, and not greasy looking.

Wish I wouldve snapped before photos so I couldve posted up a review.

I am looking at some alternatives for tire gel though for customers.

may go with the pinnacle black onyx sample

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review. I just don't see myself spending that much, I honestly think they are a bit pricey. That's my opinion only. I like poor boys tire gel and endurance from Meg's. I am looking for something else maybe I will get a sample from AG and test it out in my personal car. Thanks once again for a great review.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the WG Tire gel is pretty good, it lasts a long time....
    Well, i have a garage queen.
    I used to wash it once a week, and i have tried many different tire dressing, i probably only drive the car once a week as well lol.
    But the tire dressin always just disappear after a week, no gloss or mat look.

But the WG diamond gel, is still shining after a month now.... since my last wash.... is it is good stuff lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast