autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Mothers Back To Black and Protectant

The wiper cowl on my Mustang had seen better days and was faded and a little bleached from the sun. This wasnt acceptable so I gathered up some Mothers Back to Black and Mothers Protectant. Let me just say that the BTB is not just a wipe on wipe off product. You need to take a microfiber or terry cloth towel and apply a small amount on the trim or towel and gently rub and spread the product in. This will allow for it to penatrate and also clean the plastic removing oxidation and contaminants. After you let it dry, lightly buff it off and reaply another coat if you desire.

Here is my cowl before

Here is a 50/50 shot during. Incredible improvement

Wiper cowl fully restored and looking brand new.

After using the Back to Black I used Mothers Protectant to further protect. Mothers Protectant preserves and protects for 30 days. It is a penetrating UV blocker, effective on rubber, vinyl, plastic and fiberglass. Constructed to recondition and maintain the original condition and appearance of dashboards, bumpers, trim, tires and more. Protectant isn’t an oily surface-coating film. It’s an ozone and smog resisting, UV shielding penetrant — a preservation agent that works on just about any uncoated plastic or rubber. The best part is it smells awesome....like sweet cherries. I wanted to drink the bottle LOL.

These are 2 great products from Mothers and I highly recomend them if your looking to clean and protect your trim .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Mothers Back To Black and Protectant

Nice review. I like Back to Black and use it with every wax apply. I'll have to try topping it, good idea thanks.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

For most of the plastic on my car I have found products I like better than B2B, namely CG silk shine & UTTG. However, for the smooth plastic trim around the side mirrors on both of my audis, nothing has given a better uniform and streak free finish than B2B. I think a lot of people here dismiss it because, like me, they found something that worked better on a particular piece of trim. With all the different palstic textures and formulations, I don't think you'll find a single product that outperforms the rest in every situation. For me, it's definitely worth having around.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is worse than silk shine... With that said
    Awesome review! You should repost it in the product reviews section
    As you know I'm a mothers fan as well
    My buddy has his own little technique with it, he'll buff it off after letting it penetrate with a paper towel, works for him! Lol
    Silk shine streaks runs and everything you don't want comes off without any real moisture, ran all over my paint, almost ruined the American muscle car show for me, fortunately I had enough to correct the problem and then used Eco touch tire shine for my trim and tires

With all that said looks sharp! Keep us posted on durability

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finemess View Post
    Nice review. I like Back to Black and use it with every wax apply. I'll have to try topping it, good idea thanks.
    No problem. Glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    Nothing is worse than silk shine... With that said
    Awesome review! You should repost it in the product reviews section
    As you know I'm a mothers fan as well
    My buddy has his own little technique with it, he'll buff it off after letting it penetrate with a paper towel, works for him! Lol
    Silk shine streaks runs and everything you don't want comes off without any real moisture, ran all over my paint, almost ruined the American muscle car show for me, fortunately I had enough to correct the problem and then used Eco touch tire shine for my trim and tires

With all that said looks sharp! Keep us posted on durability
    Haha thanks! Ill keep everyone posted on durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review!

I've used it in the past and was so happy to see great results. Unfortunately though, the results only lasted a few weeks in my testing
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Great review!

I've used it in the past and was so happy to see great results. Unfortunately though, the results only lasted a few weeks in my testing
    Thank you! My car is not daily driven, but this is the reason I topped it with Mothers Protectant to make it last longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    Really? How long ago was that? Their extreme VRP suffers from that problem. I've never had issues with silk shine running. From their website it looks like they reformulated it to make it more durable and water resistant. I hadn't used it prior to the reformuation. Prior to UTTG it was my go to dressing for trim & tires; it still is for tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome review for yet another great Mother's product! You are correct you do need to work the product in, most people who bash on this product just think its a WOWO product and its not. Like usual, people who dont know what their doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Great review!

I agree, the durability isnt the best out there. It lasted a full 3 weeks for me on a daily driver, again results may vary.

Although for $6.99, and applying it once monthly, thats a winner in my book.

+1 for Mother's

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! And like you said about the price...you cant beat it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast