autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up Close & Personal: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax

Great info here as I'm a huge believer in the almost miracle-ness of good Waterless Wash/Wax combo's.

I've been using SmartWax One, since it was the first of this that I was introduced to, and must say that I'm very happy with it, HOWEVER, on my New black car I noticed that buffing it out was extremely difficult compared to my previous white car (obviously because it shows more). And in the sun I noticed it still left smears.

I think it's due to the clay in the product, which hardens up fast, and trying to buff it out freaked me out that I was swirling up my car (had to apply pressure and really rub at it as that was the only way to buff it, and I still didn't do a perfect job). Fortunately I have a really plush MF.

My question is, has anyone used SmartWax One? And can anyone compare it to the ONRWW? Especially as far as ease of removal? I notice Smart One has the clay which may be what differentiates it most. Wondering if the clay is a benefit or detractor from it (considering how it can be more difficult to buff).

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no "ease of removal" issues for products like ONRWW or DG, they act like any rinseless wash. ONRWW behaves just like ONR, the DG (with Aquawax) dries a bit easier than the ONR products, IMO. I mean, first of all, you're comparing a waterless wash to the rinseless washes being discussed in this thread.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    There is no "ease of removal" issues for products like ONRWW or DG, they act like any rinseless wash. ONRWW behaves just like ONR, the DG (with Aquawax) dries a bit easier than the ONR products, IMO. I mean, first of all, you're comparing a waterless wash to the rinseless washes being discussed in this thread.
    Interesting. Would you say a Waterless Wash is known to be "easier" to use than a Rinseless Wash (or vice versa)?

I'm looking for at least a rinseless way to keep my car clean, but find that using the W/W product I have now is too intensive (buffing it out takes time), especially since I'd love a product that's quick and safe to just get the dust and stuff that builds up on my car after literally hours of doing the whole W/W.

Would you guys say that even with having to be buffed out, the ONR W/W is not more "time-consuming" or difficult to remove at all from the ONR W/R?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KevA View Post
    ... to just get the dust and stuff that builds up on my car after literally hours of doing the whole W/W.
    Are you saying it takes you hours to do a waterless wash, or do you mean dust accumulates on your car within hours of doing a WW?
    It's not that I have a thick skin, it's really just that I'm too dumb to know when I've been insulted.

Post Thanks / Like

i really want to try this

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Would you say a Waterless Wash is known to be "easier" to use than a Rinseless Wash (or vice versa)?

I'm looking for at least a rinseless way to keep my car clean, but find that using the W/W product I have now is too intensive (buffing it out takes time), especially since I'd love a product that's quick and safe to just get the dust and stuff that builds up on my car after literally hours of doing the whole W/W.

Would you guys say that even with having to be buffed out, the ONR W/W is not more "time-consuming" or difficult to remove at all from the ONR W/R?
    I'm not sure what products you are using if it takes you that long. A waterless wash or rinseless wash over the entire car never takes me more than 30 - 35 minutes.

Here's a waterless wash review I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL1GvN_fwME

Rinseless wash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr7JoC8ANog
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by golliger View Post
    Are you saying it takes you hours to do a waterless wash, or do you mean dust accumulates on your car within hours of doing a WW?
    Kinda both, lol.

Dust accumulates on my car within hours, and I used to use a CA Car Duster on my white car but have been advised not to do so on my black car.

It took me hours to apply my "Smartwax One" because the buffing was just so time consuming for some reason (never had that problem with the product before).

I'm wondering if anyone's compared it to ONR W/W in terms of ease of getting wax residue off, etc. (the only slight complaint I have towards "One").

I'm thinking of ordering the ONR W/W as I was originally gonna get the W/R, but from what everybody says here, the W/W is just as easy to apply and wipe off, and works just as "quickly", yet gives you the simple added benefit of Wax (can't have to much of that I guess?).

Post Thanks / Like

It took me hours to apply my "Smartwax One" because the buffing was just so time consuming for some reason (never had that problem with the product before).

I'm wondering if anyone's compared it to ONR W/W in terms of ease of getting wax residue off, etc. (the only slight complaint I have towards "One").
    There is no buffing with any rinseless wash, whether it be QEW, ONR, ONRWW, DG, etc. There is no buffing with any of the waterless washes I use (UWW+, Opti-Clean, Spray n' Wipe), although Opti-Clean is a little harder to not get streaks with.

The WW you use and ones like it (with kaolin clay) is not the typical product used by the members of this forum, although some swear by it.

With a rinseless wash there is no buffing, there is "drying", regardless of the "wax" content. With a waterless wash, it's more like applying a QD, so it's not so much "drying" as it is...I dunno, wiping, working it in/off.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    There is no buffing with any rinseless wash, whether it be QEW, ONR, ONRWW, DG, etc. There is no buffing with any of the waterless washes I use (UWW+, Opti-Clean, Spray n' Wipe), although Opti-Clean is a little harder to not get streaks with.

The WW you use and ones like it (with kaolin clay) is not the typical product used by the members of this forum, although some swear by it.

With a rinseless wash there is no buffing, there is "drying", regardless of the "wax" content. With a waterless wash, it's more like applying a QD, so it's not so much "drying" as it is...I dunno, wiping, working it in/off.
    Thanks. Can you by chance elaborate on the pro's/con's of the clay that's in the Waterless Wash I used?

I heard somewhere that it's good for hiding swirls?

My problem with it is that it was such a pain for me to buff out (the Clay part I'm assuming as buffing Carnuba has never been an issue for me), that I think I definitely did some micro-swirling due to having to literally get rigorous to get that stuff off.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Can you by chance elaborate on the pro's/con's of the clay that's in the Waterless Wash I used? I heard somewhere that it's good for hiding swirls?
    Um...no. This is a matter of contentious debate and I don't feel like wading into it. If you've got a black vehicle you have to be extra-careful, down to the towels you use, because you will see every flaw. There are hundreds if not thousands of users here that successfully and easily use waterless and rinseless washes without clay additives; I think it's worth it for you to try one of them.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast