autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up Close & Personal: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax

Note: My vehicle was not heavily soiled (come on, I work at Autogeek ) so doing a pre-soak was not necessary. If the vehicle is excessively dirty (think winter time), it’s best to spray the panel with a waterless wash first to help loosen any dirt. If the vehicle is in fact heavily soiled, plan on using half a dozen to a dozen microfiber towels. Since my Mazda wasn't too dirty, I only used three towels for the entire wash.
    Nick - For dirty cars should Opti Clean be the waterless wash solution of choice? Could a bottle diluted at the same rinseless ratio be sprayed on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I'm also interested in the staining question, but Nick, how/when do you see this product being used vs. ONR v.3? How does the gloss/slickness compare to ONR v.3?
    The releasing of wash filth should be better. It actually has something to do with the color and scents used rather than the product. The debris that stains will not harm the paint because it is so tiny it has been absorbed by the fibers...not simply stuck in them like a particle with enough mass to scratch. I'll leave the opinion questions for Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    1.) Will ONR-W&W remove an existing wax...with the "Wax-Element" of ONR-W&W
    displacing/replacing said existing wax? If not totally, to what extent?

2.) Would the carnuba wax in ONR-W&W have any affect(s)...[such as streaking/smearing]...
    on vehicles' Wax-LSP's, according to the parameters in question #1?

3.) What LSP was on your vehicle prior to it being ONR-W&W'd?
    Bob
    Hi Bob, 1) NRWW is LSP safe...it's just like adding a layer of wax and as you may know, our wax has no cleaners or abrasives that would harm an LSP...it's pure protection. 2) I beta tested it in many conditions on many surfaces and had NO streaking. That's not to say there are NO compatibility issues, but I highly doubt that you will have any from my use. I was extremely pleased with it's performance on glass in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Nick - For dirty cars should Opti Clean be the waterless wash solution of choice? Could a bottle diluted at the same rinseless ratio be sprayed on?
    This question comes up a lot: Whether to choose Opti Clean or NRWW and Whether one can be substituted for the other. While both can be used as a direct replacement for a traditional wash, Rinseless will always be safer than Waterless just because of the flushing action of the volume of product. You will use less towels with Rinseless, too. I keep and use both for specific jobs...sometimes on the same car. For example: I will clean the roof with Opti Clean (spray and wipe), then pre treat the front and lower panels with Opti Clean to loosen road grime, then wash the remaining panels with NRWS or NRWW (both rinseless). Opti Clean was formulated to work safely with little water, and NRWS and NRWW were formulated to use water...so you should not try to interchange them directly expecting similar results.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris, thanks for the response. That is great to know that pretreating the panels with opti clean will have an effect on NRWW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Optimum View Post
    I'll leave the opinion questions for Nick.
    Hey, that's not fair, you're the guy who developed the product, I was really asking when would you NOT use ONRWW, and use ONR, instead? I can see using regular ONR if you are going to polish after, because ONRWW is more expensive and the "wax" would just be a waste. But is there also a circumstance where if the car is very dirty regular ONR will clean better? Or maybe the question would be if you could only have one or the other, which would it be and why?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

My gallon jugg is coming in tomorrow NIGHT.
    Cant wait to rinseless wash and wax my truck on thrusday =]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Thanks for the review Nick!

As I was reading Nicks review this exact question popped into my mind as well....

I'm a fan of Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate. This is a multipurpose product that works great as a rinseless wash but also steps up to the plate as a waterless wash and clay lube...

I'd like to hear more from Chris at Optimum....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bob,
    1) NRWW is LSP safe...it's just like adding a layer of wax and as you may know, our wax has no cleaners or abrasives that would harm an LSP...it's pure protection.

2) I beta tested it in many conditions on many surfaces and had NO streaking. That's not to say there are NO compatibility issues, but I highly doubt that you will have any from my use. I was extremely pleased with it's performance on glass in this regard.
    I appreciate your responses Chris...Thanks!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review!!!! Throw that product in the 12 days of Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

The releasing of wash filth should be better. It actually has something to do with the color and scents used rather than the product. The debris that stains will not harm the paint because it is so tiny it has been absorbed by the fibers...not simply stuck in them like a particle with enough mass to scratch.
    I understand the staining isn't damaging, it just makes it hard to see how much dirt is coming off the car if the wash media is stained from last time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, that's not fair, you're the guy who developed the product, I was really asking when would you NOT use ONRWW, and use ONR, instead? I can see using regular ONR if you are going to polish after, because ONRWW is more expensive and the "wax" would just be a waste. But is there also a circumstance where if the car is very dirty regular ONR will clean better? Or maybe the question would be if you could only have one or the other, which would it be and why?
    Oh, OK...I keep NRWW (No Rinse Wash & Wax) for a maintaining product. I keep NRWS (No Rinse Wash & Shine) for a multifunction product (washing pre LSP, after polishing, when cost is a factor, etc). If I only had one, I'd have to keep NRWS because as a detailer I need a product that leaves nothing behind more than I need a maintenance product. If I were just maintaining the shine on my own vehicles I would only need NRWW.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I appreciate your responses Chris...Thanks!

Bob
    No problem, Bob!

I understand the staining isn't damaging, it just makes it hard to see how much dirt is coming off the car if the wash media is stained from last time.
    You will find that issue lessened with NRWW, because of the coloration and scent we chose. Those pleasantries that are not really necessary for function are the culprit.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast