autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: REMOVAL of Glass Scratches with CarPro and a Griots DA

Thank you for the great review. lot"s of great info that I will put to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    It's impossible to use this polish without slinging it everywhere Reason being, it goes from the consistency of water to dried White Out in no time, so a lot of times you are buffing with something the consistency of water.

You will likely be able to fix it. The secret is to keep spraying water and keep the polish wet. You don't want to rinse it away, but you never want it to get pasty or dry. A lot of times I was buffing with a very watery slurry. You want to spray enough to keep it wet, without having the polish all run down the glass. If you do this, you can work it for a very long time and remove some pretty noticeable scratches. Also, the pads or glass won't get hot, as the keep getting cooled by the water. You will also need to re-wet the polish to remove it when you are done.

If you have a Griots, you may want to keep the bale handle on, as I know a lot of guys remove them. You won't necessarily use it while buffing directly, but it came in handy to kind of lean my wrist on while my hand was on the polisher head to grab to water bottle. It really did take out all the scratches (pits will remain).

Believe me, I was as surprised as anyone how well it worked. This isn't the first product it took me a second try to get right.
    Thanks so much for the advice! I'm still taking notes...
    Wayne
    My name is Wayne and I'm a Detailing Addict....

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job on that windshield! Well worth the time for it to come out so nice.

I haven't seen the LC glass pads before but in the pics, they look exactly like 3m triazac 3000 grit sanding. Just wondering if they were the same. I've got plenty of those in 3"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish07 View Post
    Very nice job on that windshield! Well worth the time for it to come out so nice.

I haven't seen the LC glass pads before but in the pics, they look exactly like 3m triazac 3000 grit sanding. Just wondering if they were the same. I've got plenty of those in 3"
    Nah, they are not sanding pads. When I first got them I wasn't sure what side was the polishing side and which was the BP side. They almost remind me of drywall with fibers stuck to it. The Car Pro ones are like a shallow MF pad, only with rayon.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome review, I'd love to see more information and reviews on glass polishing, after this it looks like this will be my plan of attack for glass

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU for taking the time to write up this very detailed review!! Your results were magnificent!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I tried using my PC7424xp and the Lake country glass pads and I was only moderately successful. I could clearly see the micromarring I was leaving behind. I then had to go over them with an orange CCS pad, which did get very hot, but removed the mircomarring. However, while I did get the windshield a little less scratched, I did not remove all scratches in my attempt. Clearly, the right glass pad and using ample water seems to be the trick. For all of us who have struggled or failed with Ceriglass, this is going to reopen a world a possibilities!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review , great write-up and beautiful work.
    i would suggest you now to seal the glass , or better nano coat it since its completely ready now for nano coat.

Mike Phillips

Very nice how-to article...

I agree with you that glass polishing is very messy and the first thing I tell people is to cover up the car as much as possible because the glass polish slurry tends to splatter all over the place.

I need to test these pads out myself.

Very nicely written and excellent pictures, I think you probably found like I've found that it can be challenging to get good before and after shots of scratches on glass.

How-To capture swirls, scratches, etchings and other surface defects with your camera

Before

After

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Thank you for the review , great write-up and beautiful work.
    i would suggest you now to seal the glass , or better nano coat it since its completely ready now for nano coat.
    Thanks Avi! I used Pinnacle Glass Sealant, I'm not too find of coatings. I still can't believe how clear the glass is every time I get in the truck. It's like a new windshield. I've had a chance to now inspect the glass under several different lighting conditions from inside and out and ALL the scratches are 100% gone. I can't see a single scratch, and it was JACKED UP before.

Everything CarPro I've tried has been excellent. The glass pads are by far the best. I used the same pad for over 2 hours of polishing (pad was spinning for over 2 hours) time and washed it and it looks brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Very nice how-to article...

I agree with you that glass polishing is very messy and the first thing I tell people is to cover up the car as much as possible because the glass polish slurry tends to splatter all over the place.

I need to test these pads out myself.

Very nicely written and excellent pictures, I think you probably found like I've found that it can be challenging to get good before and after shots of scratches on glass.

How-To capture swirls, scratches, etchings and other surface defects with your camera

Thanks Mike. It's great to have you comment on something I posted. It is messy. I think I found CeriGlass in my hair and I know it was on my walls. You should see if AG could carry these CarPro pads, as they really made all the difference for me and worked perfectly. They are also thicker than other glass pads and hold up better. However, they get flexible when wet. It would make sense since you guys sell the CeriGlass.

With this combo, anyone could remove glass scratches if they can polish paint.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast