autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash Wash vs. Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba

I am looking to replace my current waterless wash which is Adams. I have been doing a lot of reading on the current reviews on Pinnacle's WW w/ carnauba and Blackfire WW. For those of you that have used them which one do you think does a better job at cleaning, preventing swirls and scratches, and leaving the finish slick and shiny?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash Wash vs. Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba

Both do a very good job of cleaning. Pinnacle WW adds more slickness due to the carnauba content.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash Wash vs. Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba

bump

Post Thanks / Like

First and most important question. Are you a nuba guy or a sealant guy?

The Pinnacle LCWW+C obviously has add nuba that will add to that nuba glow and add slickness and protection. But if you are using sealants and want to add more layers later I would not use this because the nuba will create proper bonding issues.

The BF WDWW doesn't have wax but does the WD polymers that will play nicer with sealants.

My personal fav waterless wash is Ultima. It has great cleaning ability with great lubricity as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Man this is tough. Both are amazing products. This is my thought process, If I am not going to use a QD Ill go with the Pinnacle. But if I am going to use something like BFCS on my paint ill clean with BFWW.

Short Take: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash

BFWW and BFPSS mini-review
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle is the best IMHO. However, I have several brands for different uses. Ultima is the best value and very good. I use that, BF, or Optimum if I'm applying LSP after. I use Ultima when I know I'm going to use a lot and am not worried about the cost. I use BF when I know I won't be using a ton. I use Optimum when I'll be also working with ONR. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you may want to get more than one. I you want to get only one, if cost is a factor get Ultima. If cost is no factor and you want to apply LSP after, get BF. if you'll be working with Optimum products, get Opti Clean. If you want a carnuba layer left behind get Pinnacle - which I believe is the all around nicest product.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with either one, but my vote goes to Pinnacle since the concentrated version has a dilution ratio that is absurd (1:32!). The slick, glossy finish that it leaves behind is tough to beat too.

Regarding the comment about bonding, that's not going to be a concern. I've never came out to my car in the morning with a puddle of wax or sealant on the ground surrounding the car so you'll be A-OKAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    You can't go wrong with either one, but my vote goes to Pinnacle since the concentrated version has a dilution ratio that is absurd (1:32!). The slick, glossy finish that it leaves behind is tough to beat too.

Regarding the comment about bonding, that's not going to be a concern. I've never came out to my car in the morning with a puddle of wax or sealant on the ground surrounding the car so you'll be A-OKAY.
    Thanks for the clarification Nick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

I was leaning towards Pinnacle and this sealed the deal for me. Thanks Nick!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Pinnacle is the best IMHO. However, I have several brands for different uses. Ultima is the best value and very good. I use that, BF, or Optimum if I'm applying LSP after. I use Ultima when I know I'm going to use a lot and am not worried about the cost. I use BF when I know I won't be using a ton. I use Optimum when I'll be also working with ONR. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you may want to get more than one. I you want to get only one, if cost is a factor get Ultima. If cost is no factor and you want to apply LSP after, get BF. if you'll be working with Optimum products, get Opti Clean. If you want a carnuba layer left behind get Pinnacle - which I believe is the all around nicest product.
    If you buy the concentrate by the gallon, Pinnacle actually beats Ultima in price
    Francis