autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Review & Testing: Pinnacle Glasswork Windshield Washer Booster

I like many others are always looking for ways to improve upon existing things or how we can enhance something we already have. Over the years I have finally settled on my wipers and windshield washer fluid of choice, Bosch Icon Wiper Blades and Rain-X 2-in-1 Washer Fluid. This combo has been the best for me so far, but I'm always looking for ways to improve things. Enter one of Pinnacle's many new products for 2012, GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster. This thread will also double as a testing thread throughout this winter, which will really determine how useful I find this product. I will update it throughout the winter.

The Product:

Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster, windshield washer fluid additive

Smell- Fruity and blue berry-ish. Kind of like blue Gatorade.
    Cost- $15.99 when I bought it, which isn't bad if you break it down per application, $1 per application.

Quick Look:(From Autogeek.net)
    Turbo charge your windshield washer fluid!

Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster is an advanced additive for your windshield washer fluid. It doubles the cleaning power of regular windshield washer fluid while creating a much slicker washer fluid that is less prone to streaking and smearing. Its formula is highly concentrated which means one 16 ounce bottle of concentrate treats 16 gallons of washer fluid! It is perfect for removing built up road film, dirt and grime to avoid creating a safety hazard in inclement weather conditions.

Directions:(From Autogeek.net)
    1. 1 ounce treats 1 gallon of windshield washer fluid.
    2. Squeeze bottle until built-in measuring cup fills to 1 ounce marker.
    3. Remove cap and dispense measured product into windshield washer resevoir.
    4. Add more product as needed.

Products Used:
    - Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster
    - Rain-X 2-in-1 Windshield Washer Fluid
    - Bosch Icon Wiper Blades (1 year old, and need to be replaced)

Test Area & Prep:
    The windshield on my 2002 F-150 will be the test subject. This is the original windshield on the truck, and has little pits and chips all over it. No prep was done on the windshield before application. The region for testing will be the Chicago area and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Application:

Before:

During Video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgNfd8zyoOY&hd=1]Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster - YouTube[/video]

After:

Thoughts & Notes:

- Wipers are 1 year old and are in need of replacement.
    - Rain-X was applied back in August.
    - Bug splatters are 1 day old. Result of a 450+ mile HWY trip.
    - My windshield has never been in the greatest condition. I hate cleaning windows and still struggle at getting them truly clean.

Right now its hard to say how I feel about it, but I will say I'm liking it so far.

The application couldn't be any easier. Just use measuring marks on the bottle and dump it in. It's that easy.

It did remove the majority of the bug marks, but the "spots" from the dew last night with the bugs were still there. The video and pics do show streaking but I greatly attribute that to my wipers, they are worn and need to be replaced. I guess you could call this one of those worst case scenarios. The angle of the sun really doesn't help either. Just looking straight through the window there is no streaking or marks.

So, at this point I do like the product. I will reserve my final opinion of it for when winter is over, as dealing with the winter road grime will be the real test I believe. I will leave you with this though, it didn't make things any worse than what I was dealing with before.

Thanks for looking, any comments or questions are welcome.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & Testing: Pinnacle Glasswork Windshield Washer Booster

Great review. Thanks for putting that together.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pat.

Update

Got my new wipers, Bosch Icon's, on over the weekend and really cleaned the windshield well. Used Duragloss 751 and Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth, and I don't think I've ever seen my window cleaner. Don't know if it was the 751 or the Cloth, but they both cleaned really really well.

So drove back up north yesterday. Roads were snowy, wet, salt spray covered, etc. The Pinnacle Washer booster is working flawlessly. I can say from past years when using just the Rain-X fluid, it took more passes of the wipers to clear the windshield than it does now with the Pinnacle booster. Windshield was clear and streak free within maybe at most 3 passes of the wipers. Even after letting it dry a little, it cut through it like a breeze. This stuff is awesome so far.

Now the Duragloss 751 may have contributed some since it has rain repellent in it, but I don't think it contributed that much.

Only pic I could really take with my phone. Poor visibility and high winds pushing my truck didn't help. You can see the dirty part where the wipers don't touch in the bottom left.

The streaking in this pic was NOT present during the trip, even in direct light before the snow really hit.

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for replying to such an old post, but is this still being made? I've used it for a couple of years and really like it. It's not on the Pinnacle product page and when I found it after searching, it says it's temporarily back ordered. Just checking to see if I need to search for something new. The really nice part about it is that as opposed to Rain-X, it doesn't leave a film on the windshield so that when oncoming cars approach you, you aren't blinded. Rain-X has always been terrible for me with that.
    Ryan