autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with some of the above comments on TS

1. Any dirt on the applicator means tires were not clean enough and you may not get the best result. Often, the first time you go from regular tire dressing to TS its VERY HARD to get the tires clean enough to get a good result. I've found it's best to clean the tires as best as you can and let the car sit overnight. Then clean them again the next day, as, sometimes there are still remnants of old dressing stuck in the tire no matter how hard to clean.

2. Tire cleaner is the best out there, but not meant to be used with TS. Once the TS is applied correctly, you only should need to clean the tire with mild soap and water, as, you are actually cleaning the coating, not the tire. The TS tire cleaner will remove the coating.

3. Some tires like TS coating better than others. I've noticed the coating sticks to some tires much better than others. Mixed tires on the same vehicle can sometimes yield mixed results with the same cleaning or application. Some tires are easier to get all the old dressings out of than others.

4. While the coating is the longest lasting tire dressing out there, re-application is required if you like fairly shiny tires. I tend to add a coat after every 3-4 washes.

5. Aggressive wheels cleaners will drip down the rim and degrade the coating. Any acid, base, or Iron removing wheel cleaners I've noticed this with.

6. Be careful if you are dressing the wheel well wells of the vehicle with a product that is a traditional dressing. If you get any overspray in the tire it may degrade the coating at that spot. I'm assuming its from the silicone in traditional dressings. I've noticed this with CG Bare Bones.

7. Make sure you wear the gloves when applying the coating. This stuff will dry on your hands and it will peel forever like you have alien skin. Think Krazy Glue on you fingers.

8. Tires tend to look the best after the coating has sat on the tire for a few days. Sometimes it may look a bit patchy on initial application. If you have one bad spot, you are able just to touch up that spot.

9. Pressure washing the tire doesn't affect the coating if correctly applied (within reason)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuff Shine Tire Shine Kit-Review

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I have to agree with some of the above comments on TS

1. Any dirt on the applicator means tires were not clean enough and you may not get the best result. Often, the first time you go from regular tire dressing to TS its VERY HARD to get the tires clean enough to get a good result. I've found it's best to clean the tires as best as you can and let the car sit overnight. Then clean them again the next day, as, sometimes there are still remnants of old dressing stuck in the tire no matter how hard to clean.

2. Tire cleaner is the best out there, but not meant to be used with TS. Once the TS is applied correctly, you only should need to clean the tire with mild soap and water, as, you are actually cleaning the coating, not the tire. The TS tire cleaner will remove the coating.

3. Some tires like TS coating better than others. I've noticed the coating sticks to some tires much better than others. Mixed tires on the same vehicle can sometimes yield mixed results with the same cleaning or application. Some tires are easier to get all the old dressings out of than others.

4. While the coating is the longest lasting tire dressing out there, re-application is required if you like fairly shiny tires. I tend to add a coat after every 3-4 washes.

5. Aggressive wheels cleaners will drip down the rim and degrade the coating. Any acid, base, or Iron removing wheel cleaners I've noticed this with.

6. Be careful if you are dressing the wheel well wells of the vehicle with a product that is a traditional dressing. If you get any overspray in the tire it may degrade the coating at that spot. I'm assuming its from the silicone in traditional dressings. I've noticed this with CG Bare Bones.

7. Make sure you wear the gloves when applying the coating. This stuff will dry on your hands and it will peel forever like you have alien skin. Think Krazy Glue on you fingers.

8. Tires tend to look the best after the coating has sat on the tire for a few days. Sometimes it may look a bit patchy on initial application. If you have one bad spot, you are able just to touch up that spot.

9. Pressure washing the tire doesn't affect the coating if correctly applied (within reason)
    Great review with many key *notes* in this one looks like everything is covered here getting the tires or plastics CLEAN is key definitely wash the sponge as soon as done, Don't let dry on rims its a pia to get off, To clean the tires you wont need anything stronger than shampoo QD even, Strong wheel cleaners can strip/dull the finish, Try not to squirt it on the sponge but rather put the tip of the bottle on the sponge and let run out, SHAKE it very well to were you can hardly hear it shake around in the bottle it turns foamy, for high shine 4-6 coats. Follow all above and be amazed by its Durability and scuff resistance if you don't like putting on dressing every few days this is the way to go
    Gotta have S.W.A.G = Scientific Wild Azz Guess!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuff Shine Tire Shine Kit-Review

I applied ruff shine roday and got caught in the rain 4 hours later. Should I recoat? I probably will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12