autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not entirely true. Meguiar's Black Wax is for DARK to Black colored cars. Meguiar's White Wax is for LIGHT to White colored cars. So no they didn't go to the extent of say, Turtle Wax with their Black Box he referred to. They kept it open for multiple vehicle colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax durability review

Quote Originally Posted by JAF06SE View Post
    Not entirely true. Meguiar's Black Wax is for DARK to Black colored cars. Meguiar's White Wax is for LIGHT to White colored cars. So no they didn't go to the extent of say, Turtle Wax with their Black Box he referred to. They kept it open for multiple vehicle colors.
    Sorry...But you are absolutely mistaken!!

They are...increduously as it seems to you...
    In fact: AIO's. Suitable for any "paint system".

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sharpreflection View Post
    mine as well. NXT on the other hand... well...
    What was your experience with NXT? Did you apply UQD first? What color car?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    The following is what I really like about Meguiar's:

They don't have any: "waxes for certain colors" of vehicles.

-Meguiar's ColorX is a cleaner-wax (AIO).
    -Both Meguiar's White Wax and Black Wax are cleaner-waxes (AIO's).

Good for Meguiar's to not be: "Black Box-ed" in, so to speak.
    Now Bob.....

As my son was taught in middle school, and has since often reminded me, advertisers use "weasel words" (probably the ONLY thing he remembered).

Just perhaps, by the inclusion of the "White" and "Black" on the boxes people will not only use these new products over any other boxed in COLOR wax, but may indeed think they dare not use a "white" wax on their precious dark blue car (least it look like milk has been spilled all over it). And of course just the opposite when using "black" on a light colored car.

I'm not sure however that both serve the same purpose, and certainly not the same level towards one direction as the other as AIO's.

Because; when reading the product descriptions, the "White Wax" ("This specially formulated wax is designed to make your paint shine with the help of its cleaning agents") is more of a cleaner AIO that provides that 'snap' without the added oils that give that extra depth on dark colors.

And the "Black Wax" ("This specially formulated wax is designed to make your paint shine with the help of its polishing oils, to deliver a show car finish") looks to be closer to Ultimate Polish with a touch of Ultimate Liquid Wax mixed in. Gotta' love those 'polishing oils'!

As for me, I've always been a big fan of M20 or M21 topped with ULW. Does seem to bead some, but sheet better and have never had a problem with streaking. At least on the colors I'm working with!
    Last edited by cardaddy; 02-28-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: word edit

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT doesnt streak when applied thin, just like any other product. Have you guys ever read a product label that stated the sealant/wax needed to be applied thick?

Just like any product wether it be a car product or whatever it may be, there will always be those who dont know how to use them properly.

I remember when NXT 1.0 was new, people (mostly newbs) were having streaking issues left and right from applying too thick. Meguiar's solution was to tweak the new 2.0 formula to bond to the paint alot quicker, and last alot longer. Even so, people still dont understand the concept of "thin is in"

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using NXT on my White Honda. My third turn (6 months) using it now and my car is still looking good. I'm not running into any problems with it along the lines of hard to take off. No staining the trim as well. Even if I do hit it by accident.

Still have an unopened box of Meg's ULW (not the paste). Reading this thread I might just do that next!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCleanit View Post
    I've been using NXT on my White Honda. My third turn (6 months) using it now and my car is still looking good. I'm not running into any problems with it along the lines of hard to take off. No staining the trim as well. Even if I do hit it by accident.

Still have an unopened box of Meg's ULW (not the paste). Reading this thread I might just do that next!
    I just recently picked up the Paste version after Marc convinced me to give it a second shot after seeing his results with this Corvette Z06 he did:
    Detailed: 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    I just recently picked up the Paste version after Marc convinced me to give it a second shot after seeing his results with this Corvette Z06 he did:
    Detailed: 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Black

After seeing that I REALLY want to do it tomorrow instead! Awesome turn out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCleanit View Post
    After seeing that I REALLY want to do it tomorrow instead! Awesome turn out.
    I agree, I tried a sample of Ultimate Paste Wax when it first came out and I didnt like it. Im going to give it a second shot, this time with actual prep work. Most of that shine from that Vette was due to Marc's awesome prep work & skill, but the Ultimate Paste Wax(which is actually a sealant) really gave it some serious GLOSS.

Post Thanks / Like

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    I'm not sure however that both serve the same purpose, and certainly not the same level towards one direction as the other as AIO's.

Because; when reading the product descriptions, the "White Wax" ("This specially formulated wax is designed to make your paint shine with the help of its cleaning agents") is more of a cleaner AIO that provides that 'snap' without the added oils that give that extra depth on dark colors.

And the "Black Wax" ("This specially formulated wax is designed to make your paint shine with the help of its polishing oils, to deliver a show car finish") looks to be closer to Ultimate Polish with a touch of Ultimate Liquid Wax mixed in. Gotta' love those 'polishing oils'!

Please...Don't stop there...
    IMHO: You gotta keep reading the product description.

To Wit:

"Meguiars Black Wax contains a mild blend of abrasives and micro cleaners that enable it to
    self-prep the surface. That means Meguiars Black Wax cleans, polishes and protects in one simple step.
    How does this benefit you? Less time waxing your car - that’s how! Meguiars Black Wax allows you to
    forgo the time consuming polishing step with a pre-wax cleaner because it essentially has one built in".
    It has been declared by some (though never by me):

-Will the Joe and Jane Lunch-Buckets, that are more prone to frequent the brick&mortar
    auto-supplies stores of the consumer-world, than...say, folks that are
    more inclined to be consumers that frequent internet-based auto-supplies "stores"/forums...

Actually know (or even care) about the differences between:
    Cleaner-waxes, AIO's, Waxes, etc.?

-From strictly a marketing standpoint (that has proven to be very successful for upteen years):

As long as the tub/tin/bottle labeling says: Wax...
    The hope that car-care products manufacturers hold dear is that:
    These "wax-products" will be flying off the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    "weasel words"
    -Those "weasel-words"-wielding-marketers at Meguiar's seem to have revisited
    this adage with their newest wax-offerings-'scheme'.

OH!! For Shame...For Shame! LOL
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

@ OP Jomax:

I apologize for:

And:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast