autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs microfiber cutting disc disappointent

Quote Originally Posted by CamarosRus View Post
    Ive been correcting small straight line scratches and very small sand (blast) chips on my 2012 Corvette Grand Sport.

I have a Porter Cable 7424XP with a 6" Backing Plate.
    Started out using Meg's 105 on a Orange Lake Country Flat Foam Pad.....Did OK removing 60-75% defects
    Switched to Meg's MF (Regular) Pad and M-100 and took out ALL the scratch lines and most of the tiny sand blast "craters"

I've purchased the Meg's Xtra Cut MF pad but havent used yet (with M-100)
    Purchased a Buff & Shine Uro Wool 6" Pad which should Cut More than MF
    Ive also purchased a TORQ22D (long throw) Polisher which hasnt been used.

Conclusion: All of the above work and especially the Meg's MF Pad & M100 Compound
    Hopefully things have improved in the last 6 years since this thread was last pdated!!!

Myself, I recently used the Megs MF 6.5" disc with Megs Ultimate Compound and Megs 6.5" MF polishing disc with CarPro Essence on my Harbor Freight DA and was extremely impressed with how it turned out. I'm a complete noob at this and it couldn't have went better. I just used the product as required and cleaned the pads before moving to a new panel. Pads cleaned up well and looking forward to doing the same on the wife's car.

Megs microfiber cutting disc disappointent-21b021e7-1b55-4aa5-a4ec-4d1cb3acedd6-jpg
    Megs microfiber cutting disc disappointent-b7cff691-4105-48f0-95fe-36c7f3b20c7a-jpg
    Megs microfiber cutting disc disappointent-fe2b346f-91d8-47d0-8402-ed9843169971-jpg

2. Likes davey g-force liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by takkychan381 View Post
    I recently made my first $500 purchase from AG which included a pair of both 5 1/2 inch and 3 inch cutting discs to go along with my griots garage DA. I am very disappointed in the performance to say the least.

I started my process with the mf discs in conjunction with m105 to combat the swirls and minor scratches on my black 2009 chevrolet silverado. I checked my work after about 6 section passes with moderate pressure and found that there had been nearly zero correction of the scratches and a lot of the swirls still remained. I continued on to do another 6 section passes(Eeeek i know) on the same spot with the same results. This time most of the swirls had been removed but all of the scratches remained and so did 'some' swirls. I continued on to do the rest of my hood and both the driver and passenger front quarter panels. By the time i had finished those three panels, all four pads had exploded during use. Now i am stuff with a half compounded truck in my garage, with $500 in supplies and having to wait another week or so to order and recieve replacement pads (deffinitely foam)

I will post pictures as soon as i can, as i am mobile and it is difficult to do.

Also, in no way do i blame Autogeek. This is a great business. I am just extremely dissapointed in the megs mf discs.
    I use them often and find them to be a gift from the heavens.

Last week a Toyota Tacoma, black, came to me with trashed paint.

Severe swirls and scratches.

Used my Flex3401, speed 3 with light pressure.

Once the MF Cutting Pad was prepped I applied 3 small dots to the pad.

I make 2 passes then clean it with my cleaning gun and make two more passes which seems to do the trick.

The fibers has to clean and not always matted down and why i clean it off after two passes.

Before I used the MF pad I used an orange cutting pad and did very little so I switched.

Sure cuts down on time which is important when running a detail shop.

Thanks for sharing and good luck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm Kevin...I thought nobody liked MF pads on the Flex...I'm not sure if I ever tried it or not because everybody said I wouldn't like it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234