autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

first wowo experience souveran, and NOT wowo KSG

ok so i used the forum favorite and i know multiple threads have been posted, but i wanted to share my experience.

Klasse SG was a B@#$% i did the whole car ( 2 of them seperate) and sprayed detailer and buffed. was a pain to come off imo. comparable to my experience with zaino. i did 2 coats to both cars. topped off with souveran. for the FIRST time i think ever i have been extremely impressed immediately after waxing. simply due to it being so easy to remove, and not having access that you have missed and are chasing all over the car for two days.

with that being said i acquired a sample of BFWD. this comes into play after i popped off my hood grill on my g8, and it POPPED off accidently and slid down the hood, creating a long small scratch. !#(*$)(! broke out the PC and buffed it out with AIO and a cutting paid thankfully small scratches. I then decided to say F KSG and try the BFWD on the hood. the results with that alone were very nice, and easy to remove much easier than KSG. i then retopped it off with souveran!

I took pics but there on my phone. also the fiances accord shines more than my car IMO. she has a dark grey metallic flake. my g8 is lquid red.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sorry to hear you had hard time with Klasse sealant glaze but it was surely user error, no offense. I've been using the "Klasse twins" since 2005 and its one of the easier products out there IMO. KSG MUST go on thinnly, period as its an acrylic product. Here's a few tips I'd like to pass along to make things easier for you:

1. Pour some KSG into a small squirt bottle and make sure it doesn't clog, it isn't exactly thin.

2. Spray 1-2 sprays onto a damp applicator, that should be enough for a fender or half a hood for instance.

3. Keep the pad damp, it not only makes the application easier but over the coarse of doing the vehicle you end up using less and less due to build up in the pad.

4. Wipe the product off right away, no need to let it set up and if you accidently do this, a little spritz of QD will remove it w/o a problem.

Please try these tips and come back in here with your adjusted results, thanks. Oh yeah, BTW, if you apply a 2nd coat 12 hrs later.....stand back and admire the shine!!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: first wowo experience souveran, and NOT wowo KSG

I must say i applied the product very thin, the product DID sit on the paint for 20-30 minutes. i was informed it needed to sit 15-20 minutes then buff off. by using a QD and buffing it did make it alot easier. i did everything you stated except i let it sit. maybe that was the kicker. i did apply 2 coats to each car with great results though!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told when I first started using Klasse that KSG needs to be wiped off right away and that's what I've always done with it. The same is NOT true w/ KAIO though, that can sit for however long, it comes off very easy when sitting for some time if you wish to do that but because its more of paint cleaner, well, there's no advantage of leaving it on anyways.

Yeah so go ahead and WOWO with KSG and see how it goes. I like Klasse as it was 1st product after stepping away from all things Meg's and my 1st product other than nuba, so I'll always have a soft spot for Klasse.

I should also pass along that when making up a gallon rinseless QD I add about 1 oz of KSG to the gallon to make a "super QD", read that tip somewhere here and actually like how it works, nothing like adding that little "extra" when wiping down your ride and because of this, I'll always have KSG in my collection!

Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree with Klasse Act. if done using the method described HGSG is easy to work with, last a long time and glosses up nicely with 2 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was also the 1st product I ever used where applying the 2nd coat REALLY made a difference and it truely does! There's so many great products here on AG but Klasse is a forgotten one, glad to see some people finding/trying it out, its not going to let you down;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse High Gloss Sealant is another outstanding product but try as I may, when I apply it with my Dual Action polisher and a blue pad I always left residue...It was easy to remove with a cloth dampened with sealant but it's an extra step which I didn't care for.

Nick shared something with us a week or two ago. Shake your Klasse High Gloss Sealant to ensure it's thoroughly blended then squirt a couple of ounces in a 4 ounce spray bottle. Give a few sprays to an area and buff in with a microfiber cloth....that's all there is to it!

Thank you Nick!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree with the others and their advice and tips. Here are my additional thoughts.

After going through an entire large bottle of KSG I have become what I would like to consider a pro at using it.

1. Transferring to a small spritz bottle and only using 1 spritz per panel is a huge step forward.

2. Apply it whisper thin. If you can see a good haze it's still to thick. You want it to almost disappear into the paint.

3. There are 2 ways for removal IMO.
    A. WOWO immediately.
    B. Wipe on and let sit for 1-2 hours. Or even overnight. I have found the longer you let it set the easier it comes off. But only if your not using the WOWO method.

4. If your still having problems you can "cut" KSG down to even 50/50 with distilled water. I usually use 3:1. This makes it even easier to use. But I then apply at least 2-3 coats to make sure I have a good even coat.

5. 2 coats is good. But I have the best look and results at 3-4. Talk about candy coating. The most I have done at one time, 6..... Bullet proof.

6. If it does want to come off nice use a QD to wett it down a little. I prefer Sonus Acrylic Spritz as it is made to work with KSG.

7. a spray sealant option to work with KSG is Sonus Acrylic Glanz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post Troy!

Not sure why you'd ever need to use a machine to apply KSG and even more strange.....dusting....KSG, really, how?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast