autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Montana Boars Hair Brush is a _______.

WINNER! Just got done washing my SUV with this brush on the telescoping handle. It probably saved me an hour on washing an SUV. Fastest I've washed this thing ever. Here's why:

1. You can set your buckets near your work platform or whatever you stand on and wash the whole roof and windshield of an SUV without moving once, getting down once, or dragging your stuff to the other side. The handle reaches from the bottom of the windshield to the end of the vehicle.

2. While washing the top and windshield, you can dip the brush in your rinse water and wash water without "getting down" from whatever you are standing on. This is a huge time saver. It's so easy, you end up rinsing the brush more, keeping it cleaner. You probably could wash the roof from the ground, but I prefer to see what I am washing.

3. No more bending! You can dip the brush and clean it in the grit guards without bending or kneeling down.

4. Bristles are soft enough that they can conform to small spaces like in between body cracks and under door handles. It's also great for cleaning intricate areas like grills, fog lights, wiper arms, emblems, and lastly wheels.

5. Brush fits perfectly in a 5 gallon bucket. The bristles are soft, but not "limp". It also holds plenty of soapy solution to clean a whole hood with, seems like more than a wash mit.

Here's some pictures of the brush in action using the 1Z Gloss Shampoo. This shampoo is really nice and smells a lot like J & J Baby Shampoo to me. Foams up well. One or two dips in the rinse bucket and it was hard to tell which bucket was witch from the soapy contents. I have 15 or so shampoos and this stuff is in my top 3.

2. Likes 215Detailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Montana Boars Hair Brush is a _______.

Nice! I've never considered a brush on my vehicle...perhaps it's because it is a black Honda.
    Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Now, Take a close look at your paint with a swirl finder light ..... Did you soak it for at least 30 minutes before use? I have one and like it for all the reasons you state but, hate it for what I'm asking. Never use it any more, ever!

Thanks for the effort and review! nicely done!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and great review!
    Tommy

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the brush is a great tool and if you use it properly and use good technique it can be as safe as any other wash tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post
    Now, Take a close look at your paint with a swirl finder light ..... Did you soak it for at least 30 minutes before use? I have one and like it for all the reasons you state but, hate it for what I'm asking. Never use it any more, ever!

Your saying it causes swirls? Thanks for the feedback. It seemed ok, as it was pretty soft and I rinsed it out frequently (2 or 3 times per panel). I soaked it for about 20 minutes. Also, I wasn't too worried about it scratching, as the vehicle I used it on is a 2001 Nissan that has super hard clear coat(not the "self healing" clear coat). Nothing seems to scratch it. Do you think it's the boars hair bristle itself that can cause swirls, or do you think it holds onto dirt more than a mit?

Also, I never let my cars get to dirty, as they are washed weekly pretty much. I foam and pressure wash it before touching the paint . I wouldn't use the brush on a very dirty vehicle.

But thanks for the info, I'll keep a look out and report back what I find.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskincolt View Post

PM me if you would like to unload the brush. Maybe I have something to trade you might be interested in.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Montana brush awhile ago and I'm quite happy with it. Yes, it can scratch your paint just like any other thing that comes in contact with your car. If you can't stand to see it scratched, leave it in the garage. Auto geek makes a wide variety of products to remove those minor scratches. I think the advantages of the brush far outweigh the pitfalls. I get great pleasure out of detailing my car and that includes a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment once a year from polishing out all those nasty swirls I introduce when I washed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Your saying it causes swirls? Thanks for the feedback. It seemed ok, as it was pretty soft and I rinsed it out frequently (2 or 3 times per panel). I soaked it for about 20 minutes. Also, I wasn't too worried about it scratching, as the vehicle I used it on is a 2001 Nissan that has super hard clear coat(not the "self healing" clear coat). Nothing seems to scratch it. Do you think it's the boars hair bristle itself that can cause swirls, or do you think it holds onto dirt more than a mit?

Also, I never let my cars get to dirty, as they are washed weekly pretty much. I foam and pressure wash it before touching the paint . I wouldn't use the brush on a very dirty vehicle.

But thanks for the info, I'll keep a look out and report back what I find.
    I'm saying if you aren't careful it will. It works well if you soak it for 20 to 30 minutes in warm water before but if you take it down and use it prepare to polish! I was shocked the first time I used it, it's a great tool as long as you understand the procedure to use it. I don't think it has anything to do with how much dirt it holds or don't hold, I think it's the hair it's self can be like sandpaper. You should see my black motor home with soft paint! Area by area it's getting fixed but that is a job I didn't need.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2old2change View Post
    PM me if you would like to unload the brush. Maybe I have something to trade you might be interested in.
    I'll think on that, it doesn't see any use anymore. I have the Plus model Montana Original Boar’s Hair Car Wash Brush PLUS is a soft, gentle car wash brush for cars, trucks, SUVs, and boats. Auto wash brush boar hair brush
    What kind of goodies do you have to trade?

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    I bought the Montana brush awhile ago and I'm quite happy with it. Yes, it can scratch your paint just like any other thing that comes in contact with your car. If you can't stand to see it scratched, leave it in the garage. Auto geek makes a wide variety of products to remove those minor scratches. I think the advantages of the brush far outweigh the pitfalls. I get great pleasure out of detailing my car and that includes a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment once a year from polishing out all those nasty swirls I introduce when I washed it.
    I agree, no matter what you do you will put some swirls in your paint. I just don't want to detail it then swirl it the first time I wash it. Unless you soak the BH for a long time I think a top quality regular wash brush it by far better. I get the same satisfaction you get making my cars look good.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like
    if u bought the telescoping handle with it , be fairly careful . it can snap off very easy at the threads .hollow plastic . I inadvertently got a little careless on a luggage rack and snapo bamo right off . for $20 u can pick u a nice painters telescopic handle that is a lot more stronger. btw I love my boars hair brush to use on roofs of trucks and SUVs .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast