autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review of Gtechnig T1 Tire and Trim

The package of T1 Gtechnig Tire and Trim arrived during the week, but the weekend was my first opportunity to clean-up the car and try the product.
    The T1 Comes in a 250ml size (8.45 oz) bottle with a convenient flip top. It is currently priced at $ 19.99 per bottle. The formula is designed to be used straight out of the bottle undiluted.

The T1 is clear in color and thicker than water but not quite a gel. This consistency makes spreading the product and getting it into the grooves on the side walls of the tire very easy. I used a new yellow foam applicator I had on hand to apply the T1.

My main attributes for a perfect tire dressing would be:
    1 Does not sling
    2. Easy to apply (Spread)
    3. Even, consistent appearance
    4. Long lasting effect
    5. Does not attract dirt
    6. Non-staining to driveway/pavers

I left out gloss level as this is very subjective and the gloss IS easily controlled on T1 by the number of coats and slightly by the physical buffing off the dried dressing with a dry MF towel.

To give this product the fairest evaluation I cleaned the car, wheels and Tires prior to applying the T1. I documented each step so you could see how I arrived at the results. I cleaned the tires and wheels then moved the car 1/4 tire turn to get the whole tire cleaned, I did the same for the application of each of the 2 coats of T1 so the whole tires was coated evenly.

Here are some pictures before clean up.

Tools assembled and ready to go cleaning:

I used car wash soap in the wash bucket as my wheels are sealed and not too dirty. P21S Total Auto Wash (TAW) was used on the tires and wheel wells.

Here are some in process wheels, wells and tire cleaning pictures:

Here are some shots after the wheels were cleaned, the tires stripped of old dressing using TAW:

50/50 Shot of bare cleaned tire on the right and 1 coat of GTechnig T1 on the left

After 1 Coat of T1 applied with a foam applicator:

After 2nd Coat of T1 applied:

Shots of tires Sunday after 100+ Miles of driving mixed parkway and city including a run to JFK airport.

Shots from the perspective of the "whole" car:

Better Pictures from Sunday late afternoon after the brightest Sun had passed:

Before I called it a day and fired up the BBQ I used a MF towel and buffed the tire to see if it would reduce the shine:

I don't think buffing it impacted the shine all that much, and I could not capture a difference on the camera but the gloss is easy to control buy sticking with 1 coat as you can see from the photos above. Buffing with the applicator (same one used to apply T1) did not remove much of the shine either and may have in-fact upped the gloss level. This confirms my suspicion that the foam applicator is holding quite a bit of product.

My overall opinion is that this is a very good tire dressing. That rating can easily move to excellent depending on how is lasts and the rate at which it degrades over time. At $19.99 for 8.45 oz .it is on the more expensive side of tire dressings and in line with the more premium branded products on the market. I never mind paying for a product that delivers superior performance. If GTechnig T1 truly lasts longer than the other tire dressings and you like the look of the tires in the photo's above it is certainly easy to use and spread. A little goes a long way. I used about 4 pea sized drops per tire after the applicator was evenly coated. The product did not sling and the coverage was consistent over the tire. We will have to see if it attracts soil as it ages but as of now and one hundred plus miles of driving it has not accumulated any visible dirt. Next time I would use an applicator that was less absorbent to apply the dressing as there was a lot of product left in the applicator at the end of application. I will keep you updated on the appearance over time so we can get a gauge on durability.
    Thanks to Todd for allowing me review this for you by providing a sample of the T1. If you have any specific questions please let me know. Have a good week!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of Gtechnig T1 Tire and Trim

I applied T1 to my tires about a week ago and still look the same. Had to re-buff the next day to even it out but has the perfect sheen I was looking for. Also beads water like crazy which is something I am not use to seeing on tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post
    I applied T1 to my tires about a week ago and still look the same. Had to re-buff the next day to even it out but has the perfect sheen I was looking for. Also beads water like crazy which is something I am not use to seeing on tires.
    I am glad to hear that you got at least a full week out of one application. Hoa many coats did you apply? During the week what type of weather and mileage did you subject the tires to? Just curious, did it rain much? Did it attract dirt?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow , nice job in there , good tire gloss & protection , like it much .

Keep us updated along the way !

Post Thanks / Like

Two coats and buff in between...one week I did proably 20 miles a day and had a light rain in there and looks the same. Heck I got back from the rain and my tire wall was pretty much dry and had little beads of water on it. Does not seem to attract dirt or anything.

Post Thanks / Like

nice review Jeff! that there white is going to really show up if there is any fling

Post Thanks / Like

the last 3 pictures...

were those after you applied the dressing? or after the 100+ miles? (incase you went back to showing the just-applied pictures for whole car purposes) the last three look pretty clean if its 100+ miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtechrob View Post
    nice review Jeff! that there white is going to really show up if there is any fling
    So far no fling or sling. If there was going to be any at all I suspect it wouuld have occurred already. I was at highway speeds for an extended period and if it had the propensity to sling, it would have slung. Keep you Posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post
    the last 3 pictures...

were those after you applied the dressing? or after the 100+ miles? (incase you went back to showing the just-applied pictures for whole car purposes) the last three look pretty clean if its 100+ miles
    All the pictures under the caption:

Shots of tires Sunday after 100+ Miles of driving mixed parkway and city including a run to JFK airport.

Were taken after I drove the car 100+ miles. I though it looked very good as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post
    Two coats and buff in between...one week I did proably 20 miles a day and had a light rain in there and looks the same. Heck I got back from the rain and my tire wall was pretty much dry and had little beads of water on it. Does not seem to attract dirt or anything.

Thanx for the comeback .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast