autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review w/Video - Gtechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Lowejackson View Post
    I have it on all the glass but the biggest gain is on the windscreen and rear window. We have had some biblical rain recently (in the UK) and the Gtech stuff has proved its worth over and over again.

Application and buffing are straightforward.
    I will definitely do the front and rear.. I think I'm going to do the the side windows as well closer to the winter. appreciate your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, just to make things a little clearer. GTechniq recommends putting 3 coats of G1 on the front windshield. After cleaning, apply the 1st coat, wait 10-15 minutes, apply second coat, wait 10-15 minutes and apply 3rd coat and wait 10-15 minutes. Use G2 to remove. G2 is just alcohol so if you run out of G2, plain old alcohol will work. It will take a little elbow grease to remove G1..work small sections at a time.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Nick, just to make things a little clearer. GTechniq recommends putting 3 coats of G1 on the front windshield. After cleaning, apply the 1st coat, wait 10-15 minutes, apply second coat, wait 10-15 minutes and apply 3rd coat and wait 10-15 minutes. Use G2 to remove. G2 is just alcohol so if you run out of G2, plain old alcohol will work. It will take a little elbow grease to remove G1..work small sections at a time.
    I've heard to wait anywhere from 2 - 15 minutes between each coat. I waited approximately 2 minutes between coats (3 coats total). After the final coat, I waited about 3-4 minutes before using G2 (residue remover). If you run out of G2, you can also use alcohol to help remove the residue.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I brought up the 3 coats and then remove is because your instructions might be taken to remove with G2 after every coat. Dunno, maybe it's just my interpretation.

"Gtechniq includes a residue remover with every bottle of G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass. You apply this immediately after application of G1. Using firm pressure, wipe in a side to side and up and down motion, making sure no area is missed. "

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    I've heard to wait anywhere from 2 - 15 minutes between each coat. I waited approximately 2 minutes between coats (3 coats total). After the final coat, I waited about 3-4 minutes before using G2 (residue remover). If you run out of G2, you can also use alcohol to help remove the residue.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I brought up the 3 coats and then remove is because your instructions might be taken to remove with G2 after every coat. Dunno, maybe it's just my interpretation.

"Gtechniq includes a residue remover with every bottle of G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass. You apply this immediately after application of G1. Using firm pressure, wipe in a side to side and up and down motion, making sure no area is missed. "
    I updated the instructions so it's a little more clear for everyone to understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, thank you for the review and the video you have included.

Thank you for the info Ron. Also, do you know if this is similar to other coatings where it is recommended to NOT wash with soap and water for say 5-7 days? Or should we just proceed with this mentality just to be safe?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Nick I was going to use this all of our family cars (3 Acuras, a expedition, and a crv)
    I take it I need to buy the larger bottles, but would I need 2 bottle of the glass polish or will one suffice. I will be doing all glass including sunroofs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    Nick I was going to use this all of our family cars (3 Acuras, a expedition, and a crv)
    I take it I need to buy the larger bottles, but would I need 2 bottle of the glass polish or will one suffice. I will be doing all glass including sunroofs.
    I'd get two bottles of the glass polish to be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to apply the G1 to the glass over the weekend on my wife's subaru forester using the kit below.

Gtechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass 100 ml.

This was used on all of the glass.
    - 3 coats on the wind shield
    - 1 coat on side glass
    - 2 coats on back glass
    - 1 coat on side view mirrors
    - 1 coat on sun roof

Judging from the coating completed and remaining product in the bottle, I'm planning 4 - 5 vehicles before running out of G1. The G2 looks like it will last 8 - 10 vehicles before I run out of product.

Tonight the coating will be applied to the Ridgeline, and a M3.

Meghan, I need your help! Send the rain this way! We NEED IT!!!
    chris<pixelmonkey>

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the added cost is worth it compared to Aquapel?
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast