autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review w/Video - Gtechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    I did all the glass on my tC last week with the G1 and I have mixed feelings. I polished the glass with DP glass restorer then cleaned with IPA very well before applying the G1 to remove any waterspots. The glass was very clean and spotless. The G1 applied and removed very easily. I did 3 coats on the windshield and 2 coats on everything else (I think this car has more glass than paint). Three days after applying I drove the car and it started raining. The water just flew off the glass, I didn't need wipers at all. I was very impressed! But before I got home it stopped raining and the water had dried on the glass and left spots all over. I tried cleaning with Stoners IG and even tried some vinegar but the spots are still there. I was really hoping the G1 would help keep spots from forming since this car is going to be my daily driver and I can't go dry it off every time it rains. I know I can get the spots off with the DP GR but then I am back at square 1. I guess I am just stuck with spots.
    you will always get spots with a hydrophobic coating and dirty water. but with g1 you should find spots are relatively easy to remove and if you need polish, it's not going to affect the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtechrob View Post
    you will always get spots with a hydrophobic coating and dirty water. but with g1 you should find spots are relatively easy to remove and if you need polish, it's not going to affect the coating.
    Are you saying that the DP Glass Restorer won't affect the coating? And if it won't can I use it with a DA and white pad? Or is there another polish/combination that would be better that won't affect the coating?
    Sorry for all the questions but I would really like to get rid of the spots but I don't want to end up removing the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    Are you saying that the DP Glass Restorer won't affect the coating? And if it won't can I use it with a DA and white pad? Or is there another polish/combination that would be better that won't affect the coating?
    Sorry for all the questions but I would really like to get rid of the spots but I don't want to end up removing the coating.
    not sure what DP Glass Restorer is (we don't get that brand this side of the pond) but regular glass polish won't remove the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtechrob View Post
    not sure what DP Glass Restorer is (we don't get that brand this side of the pond) but regular glass polish won't remove the coating.
    Rob, I really appreciate your help with this!
    Here is a link to the DP Glass Restorer that explains it:
    DP High Performance Glass Restorer removes etched water spots from auto glass and restores perfect clarity. Apply with a polisher or applicator for

I'm not really sure what "regular glass polish" is, does Gtechniq have something or could you give me a brand name I could look at?
    Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

here's a great vid of G1 at work in a Florida cloud burst
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrRlzQCFCu0]Gtechniq ClearVision Smart Glass 3 Month Update - YouTube[/video]

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is by far the best windshield treatment i've ever used. No wiper streaks, no wiper chatter and the water just flys right off the windshield. Now I wish I would have bought the larger 100ml bottle.

I'm so impressed with the results I may just start using all Gtech products for the exterior.

An a quick question for rob, would panel wipe work as a prep after using G4? Just to make sure all the oils and road tar film is removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inzer585 View Post
    This is by far the best windshield treatment i've ever used. No wiper streaks, no wiper chatter and the water just flys right off the windshield. Now I wish I would have bought the larger 100ml bottle.

I'm so impressed with the results I may just start using all Gtech products for the exterior.

An a quick question for rob, would panel wipe work as a prep after using G4? Just to make sure all the oils and road tar film is removed.
    thanks for posting

you could use panel wipe after g4 but it's not strictly necessary as you can remove the residue from g4 with a mf cloth and if it's hard to remove a damp mf cloth.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

So the front windshield requires 3 coat.
    You put on the first coat, wait 2-3 mins, lay the 2nd coat, wait 2-3 mins, lay the 3rd.
    Wait 2-3 mins and use the G2 residue remover to buff it off. And ur done?

Just need to make sure, because i plan on doing this SOON lol

Post Thanks / Like

first bit is ok but wait 15 mins after application of third coat before buffing with a cotton cloth and the g2 residue remover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    do you know if this is similar to other coatings where it is recommended to NOT wash with soap and water for say 5-7 days? Or should we just proceed with this mentality just to be safe?
    You can wash with soap and water after application.Soap in any PH will NOT remove this glass coating!
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast