autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro CQuartz DLux Review

CarPro CQuartz DLux

CarPro CQuartz DLux
    is one of their newer products designed to restore, protect all exterior plastic and rubber surfaces like trim and door moldings. If I had to categorize this product I'd say it would make a great companion to their CQuartz paint coating...

I've been using some great products lately and although they work very well I'm looking for a coating I can rely on to keep it's appearance wash after wash.....and I just may have found it!!

My truck is a 1999 Dodge Dakota SLT. While I do take very good care of it, time, weather, washing, heat and sun continues to take its toll especially on rubber and plastic.

The mirrors in particular have become dull and try as I may, all of the products I've used thus far are good for about 4 to 6 weeks. Soon after they begin to look dull again so I'm back to square 1...

The Review

CarPro CQuartz DLux

"CQuartz DLux is different from the original CQuartz formula in that DLux contains more than 50% pure silica! Silica is what makes up glass, making CQuartz DLux essentially a glass coating for your vehicle's plastic and rubber exterior surfaces. As an added benefit, the main component of CQuartz DLux is orgnosilane, a compound that repels water and dirt away from the surface it coats".

Like several CarPro products they come complete with everything you'll need in a factory sealed plastic bag..

Included in each kit you'll find CQuartz DLux, applicator pad, and suede cloths.

The bottle is shrink wrapped sealed ensuring the product remains in the bottle until it's read for use.

Prepping the Area

First, wash the area thoroughly then dry. Next, wipe the area with Isopropyl Alcohol to be sure it's void of oils and other contaminates.

Here's the drivers side mirror and trim. I taped off the paint not knowing whether this product could affect the paint..

Some products supplied in small bottles typically have nothing between the product and the open air once the caps removed, CQuartz DLux is not one of them. With the cap removed I was pleased to see a dispensing insert in the bottles mouth.

This insert makes dispensing the product on the suede cloth simple and easy.

Application

Now it's time to apply CQuartz DLux. I was excited to try this product because I've never been pleased with how dull some of the trim has gotten so let's see if this lives up to its claims...

I've applied it to half the mirror and as you can see the surface looks deep and rich, almost new in appearance....I am psyched!!

I finished the application and depending on the contour you may find your fingers are designed perfectly for those areas!

Mirror

This is where you drop the pad and use your fingers....with gloves of course!

Door Trim

Bug Deflector

My thoughts

CQuartz DLux is very easy to use. The product glides on effortlessly leaving a nice even coat. I applied CQuartz DLux in both directions to ensure complete and even coverage.

What surprised me was the product seemed self-leveling and absorbed into the pores of the plastic taking on a very rich appearance. CQuartz DLux dries completely with no oily feeling or residue.

At 80 degrees it cures in about 1 hour so wipe any excess with the suede cloth.

CQuartz DLux completely cures in 24 hours so don't let it come in contact with moisture during the curing time.

Believe it or not I don't think I used more than 10 drops of product to completely revive all that plastic and trim. This product is very economical to use as the product goes a very long way...:bigups

Give CarPro CQuartz DLux a try, you won't be disappointed!! :bigups
    Last edited by BobbyG; 07-02-2012 at 03:59 PM.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro CQuartz DLux Review

Bobby, thanks for the review!

I bought some DLux for my father for Father's Day being that his truck needed the trim protected. I plan on using it soon and this review helped answer a couple questions. This can also be used on wheels which I plan on coating as well!
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Bobby! I used this stuff recently as well. I did the bed rails, tailgate step and cowl so far. Everything looks great. I did have to use a crap load on the bed rails though, they just soaked this stuff up.
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bobby. I was looking at this stuff just last night.

Will you be updating us on its durability?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david79z28 View Post
    Thanks Bobby. I was looking at this stuff just last night.

Will you be updating us on its durability?
    Yes, that's my plan!

I won't treat it any differently than I normally treat my truck. Wash once a week, dry it, and a quick look at this and another product I'm testing on the passengers mirror and trim...

It's advertised to last a year but time will tell....

"It bonds strong, cleans up easily, and lasts up to one year. Now that's low-maintenance protection!"

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff bobby.hopefully this stuff will last.

Post Thanks / Like

great review Bobby ...

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review Bobby

How long is the DLux suppose to last,approximately?
    Sorry,I seen you had posted a year but with mild soap and light agitation (cleaning of bugs)maybe a bit less?
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I'll bite . thanks for the review Bobby . I got plenty of plastic trim on my flare side f-150 .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poweraid View Post
    ok I'll bite . thanks for the review Bobby . I got plenty of plastic trim on my flare side f-150 .
    Be prepared to use quite a bit for the textured bed rails and tailgate step. The stuff looks great on mine but I had to really lay it on.
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast