autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner 128 oz Review

When I buy product, I usually buy it in the larger, super concentrated sizes. From there, I'll pour the product into smaller bottles to work directly with. A lot of the time, I will only need an ounce at a time to dilute it properly, but it's always been difficult for me to pour from 128 oz jugs without spilling some of it. Yes, I could use dispensers or funnel it into smaller containers to pour from, but there's still product that can be lost. I'm not a fan of wasting product.

Sicoupe heard about my problem and very kindly sent me the Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner as a possible solution (thanks Sicoupe!). There is one for 32 oz and one for 128 oz. I'll only be looking at the 128 oz version.

From AG's product page: "This clever device saves you the trouble of trying to measure out concentrated products and pour them into another bottle... No dripping, spilling, or waste!"

Let's test that. I used five different products. Meguiar's D101 APC, D108 Super Degreaser, D120 Glass Cleaner, D170 Hyper Dressing, and Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. All products used were relatively low viscosity except for the Hyper Dressing with is definitely a higher viscosity. All were used from their 128 oz bottles. I have read that the proportioner may not work on all 128 oz bottles, but I know for sure it does work with Meguiar's and PBMG's 128 oz bottles.

It's very easy to work. You screw it onto a jug, set the proportioner to how much product you want to pour, squeeze the jug, and the proportioner fills up. You then pull the little cap off the top of the proportioner and pour the product out that sitting directly in it. It did exactly what I needed it to do which was pour from the 128 oz jug directly into smaller bottles without any spills.

There were a couple of issues. You really needed to tighten the proportioner down to the jug or the top would leak air while you squeezed. If you didn't pour the product you squeezed into the proportioner fast enough into your smaller bottles, some product from the main jug would come through the proportioner and into the smaller bottle. It does not work at all with higher viscosity liquids, but to be fair, the product site tells you that. Had to try, though.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. I think a lot of people who are less particular about small amounts of product being wasted or dripped will think the Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner is a bit overengineered, more of a hassle than it's worth, and would happily stick to their funnels. For me, it works as long as you're using it within its limitations.

Again, big thanks to Sicoupe for sending me the proportioner and asking nothing in return! These are the kind of members that really make this community something special.

Finally, some product images of the proportioner assembled, disassembled, and in use.

2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner 128 oz Review

Great review. I pretty much had the same conclusion when I first brought one about a year ago. You have to pour fast or product from the 1 gallon container would leak into the proportioner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing. I know exactly what you mean with tightening the attachment.

I gave this tool a shot, along with the white universal dispenser pump (excellent for thick, soapy products), but found the self-cleaning top from the 8/16oz squeeze bottle to be easiest, least messy to work with. They screw onto the gallon perfectly. Talk about easy pour.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! I'm glad to help my friend

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't impressed with mine. It works but have to pull it off so I'm not getting higher concentrates.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    On Site Auto Detailing- Detailing all of Central Michigan
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use a syringe with a large tube to do my proportions and I got almost 0ml of product wasted .

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed something on interesting. This is where I wish we were still able to edit our original posts because this important info should be included. Anyway...

Bottle proportioner product page: "The Bottle Proportioner is intended for low viscocity (thin) liquids."

Hyper Dressing product page: "To dilute Meguiars Hyper Dressing, use a Pro-Blend Bottle Proportioner for 128 oz. bottles. This measuring device makes it easy to get the proper dilution ratio of your favorite bulk products."

I would definitely consider Hyper Dressing a high viscosity liquid. Still, I tried the proportioner with HD and was not able to get it to work at all. In fact, had I tried any harder to squeeze HD into the proportioner, the proportioner would have failed in a most spectacular way. In my honest opinion, I think it would be best if AG removed any existence of the proportioner on the Hyper Dressing product page.

Also, my pedantic side also wants to let AG know "viscocity" is misspelled.

Hope this helps!
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX