autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro CQuartz DLux Review

Quote Originally Posted by spewking View Post
    Bobby, do you recommend putting on dlux before or after you have polished paint in a full detail?
    I'll let Bobby answer this as well, but all my jobs are coating jobs, so I do Dlux last, after coating the paint. That way if you get any on the paint, it will wipe off and won't interfere with a paint coating to be applied afterward if you hadn't coated it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    The durability of CarPro DLux outperformed my expectations and lasted nearly 1 1/2 years. Keep in mind that this longevity was on my rear-view mirrors which are more porus than a shinny plastic or smooth rubber. I suspect that the pores of the plastic soaked up more product therefore lasted longer...
    Shoot, I somehow missed this update! Bobby, the 64-dollar question now is...what was the failure mode and how did you restore it? Did it just slowly fade away, and were you able to simply reapply DLux and bring it back to the appearance you showed at the beginning of this thread?

I have had some difficulty with the "wear" process of the similar GTechniq C4 trim restorer, where it fades but reapplication doesn't refresh the appearance (I think Rsurfer also has experienced this). I even started a thread about it which no one seemed interested in: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...vering-c4.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Shoot, I somehow missed this update! Bobby, the 64-dollar question now is...what was the failure mode and how did you restore it? Did it just slowly fade away, and were you able to simply reapply DLux and bring it back to the appearance you showed at the beginning of this thread?

I have had some difficulty with the "wear" process of the similar GTechniq C4 trim restorer, where it fades but reapplication doesn't refresh the appearance (I think Rsurfer also has experienced this). I even started a thread about it which no one seemed interested in: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...vering-c4.html
    I'm not Bobby. So I'm not trying to answer for him, but I just re-DLux'ed my trim after a year to refresh it. The coating was still going quite strong. It's as easy as cleaning the trim with soap, then Eraser - and reapplying DLux. It came out just fine. No problems. I've also layered DLux before - no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how much coverage a bottle of DLux provides? In sqft or inches? I've got a 2014 Jeep Wrangler and this looks like a perfect product for the huge fender flares, however, I've been unable to discern if a bottle will provide full coverage.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCrew View Post
    Does anyone know how much coverage a bottle of DLux provides? In sqft or inches? I've got a 2014 Jeep Wrangler and this looks like a perfect product for the huge fender flares, however, I've been unable to discern if a bottle will provide full coverage.

Thanks!
    It should easily. A lot of how far it goes depends on how intricate the surface is. On something like wheels with a ton of of spokes, you will use a lot more. On flat fender flares, you can spread a few drops pretty far with the supplied foam block.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonCrew View Post

Thanks!

I coated a wrangler unlimited with it and applied it to every piece of plastic on the vehicle including the Sahara side steps which are huge. I still had a half of a bottle left over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    I coated a wrangler unlimited with it and applied it to every piece of plastic on the vehicle including the Sahara side steps which are huge. I still had a half of a bottle left over.

Fantastic information. Thanks!

Welp... Looks like I have an order to make.

Post Thanks / Like

Are all of you buffing DLUX 5 minutes or so after application?

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this review, very nice write-up Bobby. Glad to hear it works so great. I'm thinking this needs to be in my next order.

Or is there anything else that is comparable at all? Or is Dlux the best?
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast