autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro CQuartz DLux Review

Thanks for the great review Bobby! Short and sweet, with pictures doing most of the talking.

Looking forward to the durability update as I am quite interested in this product. How do you like it so far compared to PERL?

Best,
    John

Post Thanks / Like

A seriously excellent review Bobby!!!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I can't wait to see how Dlux works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poweraid View Post
    ok I'll bite . thanks for the review Bobby . I got plenty of plastic trim on my flare side f-150 .

LOL I would have never guessed JK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by H3LLROT View Post
    Thanks for the great review Bobby! Short and sweet, with pictures doing most of the talking.

Looking forward to the durability update as I am quite interested in this product. How do you like it so far compared to PERL?

Best,
    John
    Hi John,

Sometimes too much text can loose a readers interest so keeping it clear and simple makes a lot of sense. If a photo can convey a thought or idea it seems much more efficient thus the reason I like to use them....

CQuartz DLux application is a little more involved than PERL but not by much which makes it a great product to try. One thing I noticed about CQuartz DLux was it's appearance actually improved during the first 30 to 45 minutes...

PERL is a great product and I will continue to use it on just about everything plastic and rubber, it's just that good overall.

Another product that directly compares to PERL is Wolfgang's Vinyl & Runner protectant. This is a great product and I'm not sure which is the winner between it and PERL...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Bobby for your nice review !
    Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post
    Excellent review Bobby

How long is the DLux suppose to last,approximately?
    Sorry,I seen you had posted a year but with mild soap and light agitation (cleaning of bugs)maybe a bit less?
    the high water repellent will last between 6~8 months, this is glass layer on the surface. the gloss will retain for a year~~
    you can use any chemical you want to clean your car, there is a nice UK detailer who run this test on his bumper with harsh chemicals cleaning, APC, acids, TarX, nothing harmed it.until now pass 4~5 months round about, there is update thread running over the UK forum about it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7LjG7iRBI&feature=channel&list=UL]Carpro Cquartz DLUX Long Life coating for trim & plastic coated wheels - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hi John,

Sometimes too much text can loose a readers interest so keeping it clear and simple makes a lot of sense. If a photo can convey a thought or idea it seems much more efficient thus the reason I like to use them....

CQuartz DLux application is a little more involved than PERL but not by much which makes it a great product to try. One thing I noticed about CQuartz DLux was it's appearance actually improved during the first 30 to 45 minutes...

PERL is a great product and I will continue to use it on just about everything plastic and rubber, it's just that good overall.

Another product that directly compares to PERL is Wolfgang's Vinyl & Runner protectant. This is a great product and I'm not sure which is the winner between it and PERL...
    Bobby,

I know it's only been 2 weeks but...any updates on DLUX's durability?

I think I will try PERL for sure. Just curious though, how do you think PERL compares to 303AP when it comes to UV protection? I know some people don't like 303 much because of the shine it leaves, but I don't mind it on my 16 year old interior. I actually think it looks better than the matte look that Meg's QID leaves on my "old" dashboard. However, if I had a newer 2010+ car, I'm sure I would really like the matte look more. I would probably lean towards 1Z Cockpit Premium for that application, but I think I would long for 303's UV protection. Sorry if I'm off-topic here.

I'm sure Wolfgang's Vinyl & Rubber protectant is a great product, but probably not so great on my wallet...

Anyway, still looking forward to an update on DLUX, or else I might have to look into Gtechniq's C4.

Thanks again.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Bobby...
    What other products have you used that you'll be comparing it to?
    I see PERL & Wolfgang vinyl & rubber protectant.
    Anything else? UTTG for instance?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Bobby !!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Bobby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bobby do you think it would be good to use on the rear bumper plastics? I put some stuff on mine once and it felt dry and non-oily but when I tried to climb into the bed it was slick. Even after a few washes with Dawn it was still slick

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast