autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Detailer’s Pro Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Review: Detailer’s Pro Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Introduction:

This is my third review of products from the new Detailer's Pro Aerosol series. The first two (DP Quick Wax & Trim Detailer) were very pleasant experiences. To recap, they are very quick applications, easy to use, great performing products. This one is a little different.

Not in that way. (You can breathe again, Nick.)

Thanks to Corey again for providing the format.

Product:

Product Claims:

From Autogeek site - Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner

"Lather leather in moisture!

Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner is an advanced foam treatment that maintains the look and feel of all non-suede leather and vinyl surfaces. It is formulated to effectively clean, condition, and preserve the strength, beauty, and resiliency of both new and old leathers. Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner has a unique foaming formula loaded with ingredients that are good for your leather seats.

Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner contains carefully selected emollients, humectants, proteins, surfactants, and conditioners in just the right proportion. This water-repellent treatment helps prevent salt stains and water spotting on leather upholstery. Leather will be protected from skin oils and perspiration. It will not darken the leather or become tacky or sticky, and it is safe on dyed leather surfaces.

Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner removes most ballpoint pen marks. It will not bleed onto clothing from treated surfaces and leaves a new leather fragrance. Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner has no unpleasant odor and contains no silicone or heavy waxes that can damage stitching or become slippery. Just wipe on and buff off.

The product dispenses in a thick, rich, mousse-like foam that makes application easy. No dripping or spraying. Simply wipe the foam into the leather and wipe away grime. In one step, Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner provides complete, nourishing leather care."

Details:

1.- Packaging: Aerosol can
    2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
    3.- Viscosity: Thick - stiffer than shaving cream but lighter
    4.- Color: White
    5.- Scent: Leather (well done, BTW - not the overpowering stuff in cheap conditioners)
    6.- Price at time of review: 14oz = $ 12.99
    7.- Manufacturer: DP
    9.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

16x16 MF

Preparation:

None really. I'd steamed the leather seats about a six weeks ago and wiped them with 1Z Cockpit Premium every couple of weeks after.

Application:

Apply to MF. Spread on leather. Allow to dry. Buff lightly (I used the flip side of the MF).

Observations:

Nice, leather smell. The foam seemed to just melt into the leather. After spreading, it didn't look like there was anything to buff off. Spreads reasonably far. Matte finish. My seats were pretty clean so can't assess the cleaning power but will try on dirtier seats at the next opportunity (probably the next car ). Will update.

I took pictures but the differences are not readily apparent.

Does it meet its claims? Yes.

Pros:

1.- Easy to apply and remove
    2.- Very fast application
    3.- Matte finish
    4.- Leather smell

???:

1.- Durability. I don't know but will monitor.

Cons:

1.- None I've found.

Final Observations and Summary:

So how was it different than the other DP aerosols or was I just messing with Nick? The other DP products are more your traditional aerosol product. You spray DP Quick Wax or Trim Detailer on the surface and wipe off. DP Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is more like shaving cream and you wipe it on, let dry (almost immediate) & then buff off. It is in a smaller can, too. Otherwise, DP Leather Cleaner & Conditioner has the good traits of the line - easy, fast application & great look.

And I was messing with Nick, too.

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Detailer’s Pro Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Update: DP Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Showing off thickness/texture

Does clean pretty well. This is just driver seat bottom. Had steam cleaned the leather about 3 months ago and looked clean before I did this.

Finished seat.