autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Initial impressions:DP Quick Detailer

I was lucky enough to be one of the ones that got the new DP line of aerosol products sent to them! I just used the following last weekend for the first time. Anytime I use a new product I try to use it under varying conditions before I form a solid impression about it. Here are my initial thoughts on the first of 4 products.

First up is the Quick Detailier, Detailer’s Pro Series Quick Detailer, car detail spray, quick detailer spray, best detailing spray

I normally use quick detailers after drying, if Im not using a spray wax. The key to using this as a drying aid is a VERY light mist, I used a full spray of product at first and was cursing this product! Trial and error made me enjoy using it. Its not fantastic as a drying aid, I prefer others right now, where this product excels is its cleaning, for a QD, and the slickness left behind.
    Photos
    To much product for a drying aid.

Correct amount

The real test, I had just detailed my Altima earlier in the week, then it rained and it didnt drive it, the rotors had some rust build up, when I drove it, the rust particles ended up all over the wheels, I HATE that!

Dirty wheel, probably a little to dirty for a QD, figured it was a good test.

I applied a liberal amount of DP quick detailer

End result was nice, clean and slick!

Overall I like the product, it does just what you want it to do. If you are looking for an aerosol QD give the new DP a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial impressions:DP Quick Detailer

Great review!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Initial impressions:DP Quick Detailer

Wanted to update this. Used this product last weekend to remove some bird doo and dried bugs. It took these off effortlessly. This is where the aerosol/foam has an advantage over normal QD spray. The foam clings to the front bumper for the dried bugs, a real advantage on the vertical panels. On the bird poo it cling to the spot and didnt run all over. DP will be in my tool kit for this application. Clung, cleaned well and left a nice gloss afterwards!