autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Optimum Spray Gun

Hi guys,

I just picked up this Optimum Spray gun.

Click here for AG link

Before I get into the review I want to tell you a little about where I'm coming from.

I don't like stupid gadgets. There is SELDOM an adequate replacement for old fashioned elbow grease. I HATE "miracle" products, ONE STEP or EASY products because you are making a sacrifice somewhere. (I gave up and returned the Tornado Black after I used it enough times to determine it does NOTHING that my Air Compressor can't do with a simple air chuck and a scrub brush. And you'd think it was the end all be all of detailing tools to hear people go on about it.)

There are MANY items and tools Ive purchased over the year that ended up surrounded by a swarm of disappointed curse words and a one way ticket to the trash or to be returned.

I get aggravated at "enthusiast" reviews that rant and rave about "Best tire dressing ever" when their only experience with tire dressing before was armor all.

So you get what a picky grump I am. And Ive been doing this for YEARS AND YEARS.

Occasionally a product comes along that puts a smile on my face and this is definitely one of them.

I use a tire dressing from a local distributor on most of my details because I get it at a bulk rate, and It leaves the tires with a factory MATTE/SATIN finish and not all shiny and slings goop. It also works well in wheel wells.

I do a lot of detailing and this stuff usually goes pretty fast. I hooked up a new bottle and went nuts with it. I was toying with the volume setting till I got it right. I did all 4 tires on my jeep. 31" tires. All wheel wells. It barely used any! There is usually some excess that I let soak in before wiping but I didn't have to wipe and I didn't see a ton of excess! it covered very evenly. I don't ever use this stuff on my bumpers or hood latches or mirrors. I have other product I use for that stuff. But I wanted to see the over spray. The over spray is almost zero. Its weird really. I was able to shoot this stuff so fine and in every nook and cranny that I didn't have to follow up with a wipe down! It looked amazing when i was done. SUPER EVEN.

I now want to get another and use it for ARO applications because thats another product that gets used a lot!

The results I got almost made me think I was using a different product. But I wasn't. The application is much easier. You can use anything you want with this gun.

I want to say if you are NOT using this and you detail for money they you are sorely lacking! Pick one up. you'll be amazed.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Optimum Spray Gun

Yeah, I've had one of these for about a year now and it's so much more efficient than using tire swipes. It takes a little product a long way. Great tool!
    "Tell Me What I Can't Do, and I'll Show You What I Can Do." ~Eugene

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review. Not only does it cover evenly, it'll save you money big time over a year if this is a business for you. Almost any dressing "although i still use opti bond 1:1" dries quicker as well, allowing your customers to drive off without worries of slinging.
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else use one of these?

What kind of bottle threads onto this unit?

Wondering if it's worth the $50?

Thanks!
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Kris,

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but a member here posted a video of himself using the Optimum Spray Gun and I was very impressed with it's ability.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGymE3nQ72k]Untitled - YouTube[/video]

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette