autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SON1C Synopsis 13 Sonax Wheel Cleaner vs Chemical Guys Diablo GEL Orange

The Weapons and Ammunition

Reconnaissance and Battle Footage

Targets Neutralized

Overall I was disappointed with Sonax as usual, and impressed with cg orange diablo
    Sonax was used at FS CG 1:5 (I get over 5 bottles of CG diablo for less than 1 bottle of Sonax)
    CG Orange Diablo did well, requires more agitation than Sonax but for the price can you argue that? and its not as if Sonax is a spray on rinse off - requires nearly as much agitation (I'm sure some will say that it is, you need a power washer etc) well its not and the average detailer does not own a PW and they may not want to break it out.
    Diablo wins this hands down, about the same performance, a much better smell from diablo, shorter work time, and an incredibly higher bang for buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SON1C Synopsis 13 Sonax Wheel Cleaner vs Chemical Guys Diablo GEL Orange

What vehicle was that rim from? Re try this test on badly soiled audi rims, i bet you'll like the sonax more!

This is really a cleaner you should set aside for very tough jobs. Or else its horribly expensive as a cleaner to be part of your regular routine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of Sonax wheel cleaner either. I like the fact it is Eco-friendly, but it is not worth the price for the performance.

I use Meg's all wheel and tire and Meg's WB. I have tried many others but keep going back to these 2. I might try OPC next on wheels and tires.

Post Thanks / Like

I've changed my thoughts some since writing this, as it has worked well for me on soiled BMW wheels, but at the price I just can't enjoy it
    Those are my mustangs wheels
    I agree! I was also frustrated that I was led on to believe it was spray on dwell and rinse off, as its not at all, still require a lot of agitation , and I can't stand the smell! Lol
    So it's an okay product, I still have a bottle for the next set of trashed wheels I get hired for I have a client next week I might try it on actually? If so ill post updated thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    Not a fan of Sonax wheel cleaner either. I like the fact it is Eco-friendly, but it is not worth the price for the performance.

I use Meg's all wheel and tire and Meg's WB. I have tried many others but keep going back to these 2. I might try OPC next on wheels and tires.
    Can you compare Meg's all wheel and tire to mothers foaming wheel and tire?

Post Thanks / Like

I am with you guys. I quickly learned that for an everyday wheel cleaner, it is just overkill (in terms of cost per use vs cleaning power on well maintained wheels). I am sure it works great on neglected wheels with caked on brake dust, but I normally don't allow my wheels to get to that condition, so really, overkill for me IMO. I need something a little more cost effective

Edit: Sorry, I was referring to Sonax.
    2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
    2020 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    Can you compare Meg's all wheel and tire to mothers foaming wheel and tire?
    Never used Mothers Foaming wheel and tire. I pick up the Meg's at Walmart for 3.99 when on sale. All I can say is it foams well, tires come out super clean and so do the wheels.

Here is a recent example of an AGO member using Meg's AWT on a detail.
    Trashed Crown Vic Revived by Autowerx

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the nice comparrison test.
    Have CG's waiting for springtime cleanup.
    What was the screwdriver used for?

Post Thanks / Like

Not a Sonax Full Effect fan here either. I find that numerous other wheel cleaners get the job done quicker, and more effective at a better price point. Just my $.02

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Post Thanks / Like

I love Sonax but only for very dirty wheels works best for me. I do agree it is kinda pricey. For wheels that aren't very dirty I just use Adam's APC works very well I'm wheels.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast