autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna polishes vs CG optical polishes

I'm running low on my Menzerna items. And although I feel Menzerna corrects easier and better than everything else I keep trying I still find it very hard to work with. Hard to remove, feels too dry on the pad and am ready to give something else a try. I've really taken a liking to the CG stuff I have so far. I'm wondering who has tried their optical polishes? And thoughts?
    Kris R
    360detail.com

opie_7afe

Re: Menzerna polishes vs CG optical polishes

i honestly never hear anyone talking about CG's polishes so my guess is they dont work all that well compared to others....why not give the optimum correction products a shot? i love how easy opt products work, sure the compounds might take longer to remove defects compared to say m105 but the finish is down right great.

Post Thanks / Like

From what ive read on other websites is that their optical line is great but it doesnt have enough cut (especially the v34). Ive been looking into some cost effective compounds/polishes and am interested in the replies as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that CGs strength... lies more in their glazes, and LSPs...not so much their polishes. EZ Creme, Glossworkz Glaze, Blacklight, JetSeal 109, V7, and their carnuba waxes are all really nice products.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I have found that CGs strength... lies more in their glazes, and LSPs...not so much their polishes. EZ Creme, Glossworkz Glaze, Blacklight, JetSeal 109, V7, and their carnuba waxes are all really nice products.

I second this, ive found that their compounds dont really finish as nicely as some others say M105 or D300. But when it comes to LSP/glazes. They are fantastic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OhTwoGT View Post
    I second this, ive found that their compounds dont really finish as nicely as some others say M105 or D300. But when it comes to LSP/glazes. They are fantastic
    I think the way they finish shouldnt be a problem for most people since most people follow up a compound with a polish. How would you rate the cut in their compounds with say m105?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Optical line up. It doesn't work well especially compared to M105/M205 and Menzerna. I can send you some Kris if you wanna try it. PM if interested. I can check and see what I have. They are close to full 16oz bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Only used a sample of I think it was V34 and V38. Was not overly impressed, worked ok just like either M105/205 or Menz SIP/203 or 106 better. But again only tired once and did not buy. I do use EZ Creme and several other products a lot though for wehat it's worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    I have the Optical line up. It doesn't work well especially compared to M105/M205 and Menzerna. I can send you some Kris if you wanna try it. PM if interested. I can check and see what I have. They are close to full 16oz bottles.
    Ah. I appreciate the offer. I think I'm going to try this 105/205 that's been on my shelf. what about 3M polishes?
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. I meant 3M compounds.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast