autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Up Close & Personal: Poorboy's Bird Sh#t Remover

While attending the Gold Coast Corvette Show yesterday Max's Tahoe was bombarded with bird droppings. I deemed this the perfect opportunity to put Poorboy's World Bird Sh#t Remover to the test - except I didn't remove the bird droppings right away.

To really test how effective this product is, I decided to let the bird dropping(s) sit on the paint overnight. Don't be afraid to call me crazy; after all I was purposely letting acidic bird droppings sit on the paint of my boss's vehicle instead of immediately removing them. I was confident in the sealant I last applied to Max's Tahoe and as I mentioned before, I really wanted to see how effective Poorboy's newest product was.

What kryptonite is to Superman, bird droppings are to clear coat; dangerous! Bird droppings are acidic and if left on the paint too long (or if the paint is not properly protected) they can and will etch the surface, causing what could possibly be a permanent eye sore.

Poorboy's World Bird Sh#t Remover is a high-lubricity detail spray on steroids. It is formulated with special cleaners that break down bird droppings, allowing them to safely be removed.

Application is simple: spray directly onto the surface, count to 5 and wipe away. If the bird droppings have been on the paint for an extended period of time (a couple days for example) you should let the product dwell on the paint for 2-3 minutes.

Poorboy's World Bird Sh#t Remover immediately begins to break down the bird dropping so it can be safely wiped away, without damaging your vehicle's delicate clear coat.

I used a Gold Plush Jr. from Mike's collection of towels to remove the bird dropping.

Poorboy's World claims that Bird Sh#t Remover is fast and easy and I have no reason to think otherwise. I sprayed the product directly onto the surface, let it dwell for 5 seconds and wiped it clean with a Gold Plush Jr. microfiber towel to reveal squeaky clean paint.

I applied a quick coat of BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal - better known as the 11 Minute Paint Sealant - to the affected areas after cleaning them with Poorboy's World Bird Sh#t Remover. Applying a quick coat of Crystal Seal would ensure maximum protection from future bird droppings or bug splatter.

Indeed another quality product from Poorboy's World!

Poorboy’s World Bird Sh#t Remover

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up Close & Personal: Poorboy's Bird Sh#t Remover

I received this in my last order. Great product with great results as your review confirmed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I had the pleasure of using this product yesterday. No sh#t, great product!

All I want to know is Mike gonna make you wash his gold plush towel?

Post Thanks / Like

I used a Gold Plush Jr. from Mike's collection of towels to remove the bird dropping.
    Dont tell him, that would be a fun joke. Even though hes on here too!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, 5 seconds after having hardened overnight?? This sounds like a mandatory item to carry in the side pocket of the door!! Just thinking out loud (I know, you hear silence, LOL), but I wonder how UWW does for this? It does very well for bugs. Anyone try it?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey they brought this stuff back, I still have some of the old stuff from a while back. Still works well on the rare occasion I remember I have it and use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered some of this it is on the PB site. I did not order from AGO. Trying to save shipping. Will pick up at PB on way home from work. It is a few minutes out of the way. By the way isn't this a special run for PB. They are only carrying it for a short period. Glad I ordered 2.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    ...I applied a quick coat of BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal - better known as the 11 Minute Paint Sealant - to the affected areas after cleaning them with Poorboy's World Bird Sh#t Remover. Applying a quick coat of Crystal Seal would ensure maximum protection from future bird droppings or bug splatter.
    So...does it remove the LSP or not? The product page says it doesn't. Was this out of precaution?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    All I want to know is Mike gonna make you wash his gold plush towel?

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post
    So...does it remove the LSP or not? The product page says it doesn't. Was this out of precaution?
    Bird droppings remove your LSP and can etch the surface. This is why it's so important to remove them as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
    Applying a quick coat of Crystal Seal would ensure maximum protection from future bird droppings or bug splatter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Bird droppings remove your LSP and can etch the surface. This is why it's so important to remove them as soon as possible.
    I wasn't refering myself to the actual "landing site" (there, of course, LSP is a goner) but to the surrounding areas: you applied Poorboy's World Bird Sh#t Remover on a vast area (much wider than the dropping).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast