autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner, reflections Tire Care

Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner.
    First I would like to thank Forrest and Jim because without their generosity these reviews wouldn’t be possible and you guys would be missing out or overlooking some very good products.
    As you may know I was given the opportunity to review quite a few of the Mothers products. This review will be on Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner.
    Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner along with most Mothers Products are very easy to find at almost any retailer or auto parts store which means no shipping charges or waiting on products which is a real plus.
    The test car is the same one that was used to review Mothers Chrome Wheel Cleaner. That review can be found here.
    Mothers Chrome Wheel Cleaner. - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum

Product information from the Mothers website.
    http://www.mothers.com/02_products/02_products_01_line.html

Got the dirty tire blues? Use our Tire & Rubber Cleaner to clean off dirt, soil and old dressing from the surface of your tires. Any dirty and neglected rubber surface can benefit from a good cleaning. Modern chemistry makes it safe and effective to use on any surface. Clean your tires and rubber trim prior to applying dressings and gels for that professionally detailed look.
    #06824, 24 oz
    Price $7.99

Directions
    Tire Cleaning:

1. Hose down areas to be cleaned.
    2. Spray liberally with Mothers® Tire & Rubber cleaner.
    3. Scrub well with a rough sponge or tire brush.
    4. Rinse thoroughly.

Trim & Rubber Cleaning:

1. Apply Tire & Rubber cleaner directly to a lint free cloth and briskly rub the area to be cleaned.
    2. Wipe excess off with a soft, dry terry towel.

Based upon the product description this tire looks to be a pretty good candidate for Tire & Rubber Cleaner. A winter worth of dirt and grime build up and old dried out tire dressing.

The tire was rinsed off as per the instructions and the Tire & Rubber Cleaner was liberally applied. The Tire &Rubber Cleaner is on the thinner side with a pleasant scent. With a little bit of scrubbing with the Mothers tire brush the dirt and old tire dressing started to melt off of the tire.

This is the left rear tire with one application of Tire & Rubber Cleaner. The old tire dressing is turning to black slime.

After rinsing the tire I applied a second application to see if there was any dirt and dressing still on the tire. As you can see from the color of the suds and lack of black slime there is nothing left on the tire, it’s clean after one application.

This is the left front tire from picture 1 & 2 dried off. Lifeless but clean. The tire appears to still have some shine to it next to the wheel indicating there may still be some old dressing on the tire, the second picture is a close up of that tire and you can see the is nothing left on the tire it’s just the color differences in the rubber itself.

With the tires and wheels all cleaned up it was time to apply some Mothers Chrome cleaner and tire dressing. An excellent review of the chrome cleaner can be found here.
    http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/38635-product-review-mothers-chrome-polish-new-formula-packaging.html

The tire dressing I used is the Reflections Advanced Tire Care.

Product information from the Mothers website.

A sophisticated blend of high-tech and high-class, Mothers® Reflections® is for the discerning automotive enthusiast. Mothers® Reflections® Tire Care provides a rich, satin-like, non-oily finish that is show car perfect. Our unique formula protects against harsh elements, brake dust and UV damage, yet makes your tires look like new for weeks and weeks.
    #10324, 24 oz.
    Price $8.99

Directions
    Spray Tire Care directly onto the tire or onto an applicator to prevent overspray. Spread product uniformly over the tire and allow to penetrate for 4 to 6 minutes. Wipe off excess product.
    The key to getting the most performance out of any tire dressing is to start with a clean dry tire. Mothers Tire & Rubber cleaner will defiantly take care of the cleaning for you.

The Reflections tire dressing is a thin white product, the sprayer and spray pattern allow for easy coverage if you chose to spray directly onto the tire. This is how I did it on this particular car as I knew I was going to using the chrome polish afterward and that would take care of any overspray. I normally apply dressings with an applicator. After allowing the dressing to penetrate for about 5 minutes I wiped off the excess with an old terry towel. The tires were left with a deep dark satin non oily finish. I drove the car about 5 miles afterwards and found no sling on the sides of the car.

Final Thoughts on the products used.

Mothers Tire and Rubber Cleaner worked as advertised. I was able to clean old tire dressing with only one application and minimal scrubbing.

Pros
    Economical Product,
    A great value for the money at $7.99 for 24 oz and needing only one application per tire should be able to get 5-6 cars out of one bottle.
    Easily found
    Works as Advertised

Cons
    None

Mothers Chrome Polish.

My findings were inline with the review posted by Bunky that I linked to. I saw no reason to do another one.

Pros
    Economical Product,
    A great value for the money at $6.99 for 12 oz.
    Works as Advertised
    Easily found

Cons
    None

Mother Reflection Tire Care is a nice product if you want a nice clean dark satin finish on your tires not a shiny greasy finish.

Pros
    Economical Product,
    A great value for the money at only $8.99 for 24 oz.
    Easily found
    Product works as advertised nice dark satin finish with no oily sling.

Cons
    None

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner, reflections Tire Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner, reflections Tire Care

Mothers Reflection Tire Care is one of my favorites.
    Al
    The Need to Bead