autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow ONR [Old Version] Review

I jokingly commented on an ONR thread how I'd LOVE to catch a free sample. AGO member Flatstick shot me a PM, asking for my address- he was sending me a sample!

We finally got some decent weather here in Texas, so I figured I'd give it a go.

This is my girlfriend's 207 Honda Accord. It's seen better days, very neglected, tons of water spots, etc. I'm slowly bringing it back, about three weeks ago I hit it with PoliSeal, and haven't touched it since. It's been raining a lot, as well as pollen season, which you'll see a bit of later on.

Here's my wash media- Cobra BONE sponges, blue WW and purple Cobra MF, all from AGO.

Some before shots of the car- doesn't look bad due to the silver paint.

Pouring myself a shot.

One wipe and the MF covered sponge looked like this. You can see the "yellow/green" in it is the pollen, and the black is dirt. This is from the roof- I started on the top and worked my way down.

50/50 shot on the hood.

All done! I ONR'd the paint first, then went back and did the glass. I used other products for the wheels and tires, since they were so dirty.

Here is the wash media after doing just the paint.

The pictures tell the story, it looks even better in person! This is only my third time do a rinseless wash, and my first time with ONR. My other two trials were with the Detailer's Pro Rinseless Wash & Gloss, and were done on flawless cars that weren't overly dirty.

Compared to those, this ONR wash wasn't the greatest. There wasn't much slickness when you ran the sponge across the paint, it felt really "grabby". The same could be said while drying and "buffing" with the MF towels.

I'm not sure this is all on the ONR, like I said this paint has been severely neglected, with a fair amount of etched in water spots all over the car and glass. While it does have a coat fo PoliSeal, and I'd hoped the two products would work well together, the ONR may have had the deck stacked against it with the etched paint and high humidity I was working in.

Flatstick gave me enough to do a few washes, so I'll be revisiting this version of ONR again on a better prepared car.

In the spirit of what Flatstick did in sending me a free sample, I'd like to pass on the deed. I have a bottle of Collinite 845, this stuff is like GOLD around here, and at a great price too! If someone wants to test the hype for themselves, please post in this thread and I'll get a sample bottle sent your way! If you've used it, let someone else step up who wants to give it a shot. Once it's spoken for, I'll send it out to you, but you have to post a review for all of us to check out

Thanks for looking, everyone!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONR [Old Version] Review

Which of the other rinseless wash did you like better? I have never tried any of them but after all the talk about them on the forum have been thinking about giving one of them a try. Just not sure as to which one i would like to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cpmx450 View Post
    Which of the other rinseless wash did you like better? I have never tried any of them but after all the talk about them on the forum have been thinking about giving one of them a try. Just not sure as to which one i would like to try.

I haven't done an apples to apples comparison yet, and I've only used two so far, but I prefer the Detailer's Pro Rinseless wash & gloss. It's a 4 in 1, so in addition to using it as a rinseless system I also have a bottle diluted for a spray detailer, and another for clay lube/pad lube. It's priced right, too. In my opinion, it had more lubricity, didn't stain my wash media, and smelled better.

I plan to do further testing with the ONR though, and I'd like to try the new version in the future as well.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like i need to get myself some ONR.....

Post Thanks / Like

nice write-up, I just ONR'd my car an hour ago. I love the smell so much i'm thinking of mixing my own "mulberry musk" cologne with it. LOL
    Mike
    2012 Ford Mustang V6 Performance Package
    2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab Hemi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by transambrotha View Post
    nice write-up, I just ONR'd my car an hour ago. I love the smell so much i'm thinking of mixing my own "mulberry musk" cologne with it. LOL
    The smell was OK, but the bubblegum scent from the DP rinseless wash is 10 times better

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using onr a lot also. Still have the version before the most recent one that came out. Pollen season over here in Texas sucks right now. I'd like to get a sample of that 845 from ya but I'm too lazy to write a review lol. I've always used sealants and haven't tried any nubas yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RhetoricMixes View Post
    I've been using onr a lot also. Still have the version before the most recent one that came out. Pollen season over here in Texas sucks right now. I'd like to get a sample of that 845 from ya but I'm too lazy to write a review lol. I've always used sealants and haven't tried any nubas yet.
    Awww come on man it only took me like 15 minutes to write that review, and that was using the crappy tinypic.com website for my picture hosting

walletless

Nice write-up. I did a write-up of the new ONR as well here.

I would *love* to get a sample of Collinite 845! I had just posted a question on wax suggestion and several folks overwhelmingly suggested it. And you can sure bet that I will write up a review :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: ONR [Old Version] Review

Quote Originally Posted by walletless View Post
    Nice write-up. I did a write-up of the new ONR as well here.

I would *love* to get a sample of Collinite 845! I had just posted a question on wax suggestion and several folks overwhelmingly suggested it. And you can sure bet that I will write up a review :-)
    With a name like Walletless, it's yours!

Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get it out to you in the next few days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast