autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Wash and wax waterless wash

Was at Autozone shopping for quik detailer and to my amazement they had Meg's waterless wash so I grabbed a bottle. I used it on my focus and I must say I'm impressed, so much I used it on my black truck and it came out great! Truck was in a dirt rain and no extra scratches were added that I could see. Still won't replace washing my vehicles but works great in cleaning the front end on the focus every night from bug guts.

Also auto zone selling Meg's 105 and 205 now, I couldn't believe my eyes. Would still rather buy from AG, but for those emergencies it's nice to see they started to carry it.
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Wash and wax waterless wash

Hey David, which Autozone did you go to that sells M105/M205? I've never seen an Autozone here that sells those. I know Pepboys sells the Meg's twins but they're highly overpriced.

How much Meguiar's UWWA did you use on the Focus and on your truck?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like
    My AutoZone also just started selling 105/205. I was pretty happy to see that.

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful man - waterless starts fire on AG lol. Been using a waterless wash for the past 1.7 years now and people are amazed. I even detailed a 2012 Black Denali - and a 2012 Black Camaro with it a couple of weeks ago, and before starting I showed the owner all the micro scratches from them getting washed at the dealership using a halogen - kept the halogen on and demonstrated the waterless wash and no induced scratches what so ever. With that said though, we are very careful and have the process down pat
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Be careful man - waterless starts fire on AG lol. Been using a waterless wash for the past 1.7 years now and people are amazed. I even detailed a 2012 Black Denali - and a 2012 Black Camaro with it a couple of weeks ago, and before starting I showed the owner all the micro scratches from them getting washed at the dealership using a halogen - kept the halogen on and demonstrated the waterless wash and no induced scratches what so ever. With that said though, we are very careful and have the process down pat
    Thanks for your input. How drenched do you spray each panel? Is it just like usind QD or do you spray heavily where the waterless wash is dripping off the panel?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Thanks for your input. How drenched do you spray each panel? Is it just like usind QD or do you spray heavily where the waterless wash is dripping off the panel?

Thanks.

It all depends really - I usually spray an even lite mist across each panel on vehicles that we maintain regularly (weekly, biweekly, monthly). If the vehicle is filthy then we spray a panel heavily - lightly remove the top layer of filth, then spray a lite mist across panel and repeat. I need to seriously create a video when I have time someday to show everyone here..... much easier to show then tell I think.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    It all depends really - I usually spray an even lite mist across each panel on vehicles that we maintain regularly (weekly, biweekly, monthly). If the vehicle is filthy then we spray a panel heavily - lightly remove the top layer of filth, then spray a lite mist across panel and repeat. I need to seriously create a video when I have time someday to show everyone here..... much easier to show then tell I think.
    That would be very helpful to a lot of people including me. We'd appreciate that. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

My Autozone has been selling the 105/205 for maybe up to a year now - if I can remember correctly. I'm always at the Zone getting parts for cars and always pass through the detailing isle for a "quick" ha look through. And really does help if you forgot you need some more. I'll have to keep an eye out for the waterless wash and give it a try!

Thats way up here in Northern Illinois

Post Thanks / Like

That would be very helpful to a lot of people including me. We'd appreciate that. Thanks!
    i second that-would be very nice of you

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey David, which Autozone did you go to that sells M105/M205? I've never seen an Autozone here that sells those. I know Pepboys sells the Meg's twins but they're highly overpriced.

How much Meguiar's UWWA did you use on the Focus and on your truck?
    I used about 2/3 of the bottle for both vehicles, I used a quarter on the focus, so I could probably get 4 complete washes, the truck is a different story, most likley 2. The auto zone was the one on McKillips in East Mesa. And they have alot more products I never seen before, I was in the aisle for 15min just looking, guy came and asked if I was okay lol. BTW the waterless was 9.99 with a 5 dollar mail in rebate!
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast