autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Solution Finish “Brings Black Back” (Trim Restoration Product)

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    I think this is definitely one of your best reviews (of course they're all top notch!)! I kinda want this now but can't really justify it, especially since I have Meguiar's UP as well as a fair amount of UTTG to use up. I wish I could do reviews half as good as you. Keep up the good work Corey!

I'm tickled pink buddy!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I hear you and know the feeling. Im the same way with justifying....
    Just remember you work hard so if you decide you want it you should let yourself have it.

Btw: You don't give yourself enough credit Shane!! Your reviews are awesome!

Thanks again my friend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Another great review Corey. Looks very promising for sure.
    Thanks buddy!! Yes it does.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I gotta back you up a little...you say in your SF review, that UTTG and WETS improved on the durability of C4 alone...I must have missed this elsewhere, but by themselves, the durability of UTTG and WETS was inferior to C4 alone?
    I realized you can check the WGETS review updates to see what I mean. Of course that's outdated with how bad the c4 ended up fading.

Unfortunately I somehow don't have before pics of that front bumper from that day.... But the before rear bumper from that Saturn gives you an idea. That faded at the same rate. Tha was c4 coated but never layered with UTTG or wets But I do have video! Just ran out of time editing it.

[quote=Royaldetail;621077]
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    That's all you have to say [/

I have tried every DIY product out there and nothing works, I hope this will be the last one I use and keep around.

Check out the Q&A, money back guarantee

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    ^^^^Good one, Sir.^^^

From my posting:

"My Comments:
    IMO...This issue needs to be addressed, also."

I'll have to remember, when in discussions with you, Mr. West, to use the following acronyms/forums-speak:

IME; or,
    IMHO; or, even:
    IMSOEXCITED! ~ Pointer Sisters

{BTW: Even though the Wife was born in France...I've taught her: The "Appalachian-Way of Life"...(Involves a different drawl, so to speak.)}

Bob
    Very Nice...Thanks Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Corey...I am "waiting" for you to get lazy..and give a mediocre review..but alas...you never disappoint! I take my hat off to you once again. Great review..and thanks btw..now I gotta spend more money getting new stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great review.I'm always looking for something to keep my trim black.I like UTTG but this could be a first step and then UTTG on top several weeks later.

Hey Corey couldn't help but notice your garage floor,nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SolutionFinish View Post
    Very Nice...Thanks Bob
    Your more than welcome, Mr. West.
    As you may have been able to detect...I enjoy these types of discussion...
    They are FUN, IMHO!! (<<< )

And this is just for Bob....how could you possibly know I was a IMO in high school. I was the deputy leader in France but we didn't win. (if your reading this and don't know what we are talking about IMO is International Mathematical Olympiad)
    Speaking of FUN...A quick poser:

-To m ounces of a m&#37; solution of SF.... x ounces of OC are added to yield a (m-10)% solution.
    -If m > 25...Then x is:

Note: [ /=division symbol ]

(A) 10m/m-10
    (B) 5m/m-10
    (C) m/m-10
    (D) 5m/m-20
    (E) cannot be determined by the given information

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Bob! Your always insightful comments and questions are once again appreciated! Thank you my friend. Please see my comments in red within your quote.

I wasn't trying to speak for Chris but I did share my thoughts towards those questions as well.

Thanks again Bob! A pleasure as always.
    Hello Crew, I finally had the time to read the above questions and will try my best to respond accordingly, keeping in mind I am not even in the same ball park Cory and Nick.(boy they do a great job)
    A couple of the questions are easy to answer, the issue with the wet look is only a typo on the website, it dries with no greasy residue or the wet look, regarding the weather my answer is correct and I will ask Autogeek to change the cool surface in the shade comment and I will correct the typo.
    This coming Saturday I am going in and refreshing frequently asked questions section of my website to clarify most of these types of questions. Hopefully that will clear up any miss information there is.
    Before I attempt to answer your other questions let me explain a little about plastic and how it degrades
    Plastic generally ages rapidly because of the effects of light, oxygen and heat. The different types of UV radiation causes a photo chemical effect within the polymer structure which leads to oxidation. Once thermal- oxidation starts a chain reaction occurs which accelerates even more degradation, ultimately causing cracking, chocking, color change and discoloration of gloss, stiffness and flexibility.
    Many plastics are manufactured by a process involving chain polymerization with a defined composition and molecular weight , when polymers are exposed to stress, light, heat, air, water or radiation , a chemical reaction starts resulting in a change in the composition of the polymer ,the reactions lead to the modification of the plastics physical and optical properties, a process called photo degradation takes place when UV radiation breaks down the chemical bonds in plastic causing cracking ,color changes and loss of physical properties Solution Finish uses absorbers to avoid this issue
    Of coarse UV radiation is universal and can never be totally eliminated, it burns the exterior skin of plastic rubber, vinyl and paint just to name a few. Paint turns dull then chalky, rubber seals and bumpers turn white, dry out and become hard as a rock, vinyl trim will also turn white and eventually crack, hard plastics like air dams side mirrors and trim react in the same way.

So, overt time heat, light and oxygen degrade the plastics, shortening the life of the part. To protect against such light induced oxidation or weathering Solution Finish has added light absorbers, stabilizers and antioxidants. These additives ensure the mechanical properties and aesthetic appearance of the part is retained protecting against color fading, discoloration and loss of gloss, even under long-term UV exposure. Plastic that absorbs UV energy excites the protons, in a plastic, exciting the protons can create free radicals, while many pure plastics cannot absorb UV radiation the presence of residues and other impurities even at trace amounts will often act as free radical receptors, those free radicals can cause breaks in the polymer bonds which ultimately destroys the plastic rubber or vinyl. Solution finish uses 23 different ingredients that absorb and deflect this situation.
    Everything starts to break down at one point and cannot be completely stopped Solution Finish is no different, how fast it breaks down depends on how much exposure it has to the elements and for how long. Anything placed over the top of the Solution Finish coat will help it's long lasting durability because, the UV rays must break it down first, before it can start the process all over again. The reason most of the Solution Finish customer re- applies is be because it maintains the darkest appearance for their black trim
    Solution finish is new to the market place, but (not new as in being used) we have been privately using and testing solution finish for over three years, so I would say it is tested.(but nothing can be fully tested) There is no mention of how to maintain Solution Finish once it's been treated because there is no maintenance required, only if you want to add a little more protection, it's left up to the individual. Because Solution Finish is a solvent-based product it will cut through most waxes that accidentally gets on the part to be treated.

One thing Solution Finish is not and that is a miracle product it just happens to be the best on the market now, it was designed to be a professional product for professionals to use.

I hope this helps a little bit…..Cw

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Forum...and Bob I just dont have the time now, to really read all of he above....but I will and try to clear-up some of the Qs Bob has...I see what he means on some so tomorrow when I have time to look into it Ill post OK

PS i really do love all of this input....

wish you all the best
    Cw
    Hello Crew, I finally had the time to read the above questions and will try my best to respond accordingly,......

Solution Finish....was designed to be a professional product for professionals to use.

I hope this helps a little bit…..Cw
    Thank you, Mr. West (Cw), for answering all of my inquiries regarding "Solution Finish" to the fullest degree.
    It is most appreciated!!

Best Regards,

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent review as always Corey! Unless I missed it after reading through this, is this product slippery when wet like other trim dressings? I am in search of something that doesn't get slippery because I don't want to be held responsible.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, thanks for taking the time to right out the full explanation on how it all works. There's a bunch of us here (as you can see) that love the details.

--------------

Thanks Richard, no it is not slippery. I used it on my friends running boards for the win.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast