autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots 6" DA polisher...

Just got my Griots DA in the mail today...

I gotta admit, this thing is AWESOME! I was very skeptical of buying the Griots simply due to the Flex having rave reviews, and being known for it's well built construction.

I've read some reviews, or opinions on the Griots from some others. I've seen people say it's not well built, feels rickety, and just doesn't look sturdy. I would absolutely disagree with those opinions.

First time I used it (bear in mind all I've used for a DA is the PC) I immediately thought it felt sturdy, and extremely quiet. I mean the thing barely makes a sound compared to the screaming PC.

This is by no means an anti PC thread. I loved the PC, and used to for tons and tons of work. It's served me well. But, I feel it's plainly obvious that it's outdated in comparison to the Griots which is similar in price. It will become my wax/sealant spreader from now on. Which I'm fine with.

I LOVE the addition of torque. The pad spins under pressure, and even under heavy pressure...just slows down. The PC would stop if you look at it the wrong way, ha.

Something unexpected for me...was the noise level. As soon as I turned it on, I couldn't believe how quiet it was. I could have a conversation with it running with no problem.

Some specifics that I've noticed thus far that I really like as well...is the on/off switch. I enjoy the ease of use. By that I mean when it comes time to switch off...you simply tap the button, and it slides down. A great feature since you want to shut it off while it's running on the panel...and your hands are usually tied up holding the machine. A quick tap...and boom, off she goes. I like that a lot. I also like the positioning of the button, it's easy to reach, but yet stays out of your way when polishing.

Another thing...is the handle. I enjoy the handle vs. the stick type handle on the PC. I removed the handle on the PC, and every since had an issue keeping the cover on the PC. That is until one day it got dropped, and it became one with the housing somehow, ha. You can easily place the Griots on it's back on the ground, and it stays balanced...where as the PC wants to tip over.

The ONLY complaint I've got so far...is that when you lay it down, it seems to put pressure on the power cord. I feel this may one day create a problem. But, that's small potatoes...and I could care less for now.

Well, that's all. Sorry for the quick long winded review. I just wanted to express my enjoyment, ha. Thanks for the 20% off AG!

I also bought the 3" which is sitting in the box waiting to be handled right now. That's next...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots 6" DA polisher...

I'm definitely happy with my GG6 purchase. You can't beat lifetime warranty.

I still think that the build quality could be better. Have you seen a G110v2 yet? You'll see a big difference in quality.

As far as the motor's sound, I would agree with you. The motor seems to be very quiet.

It can definitely handle a lot of pressure and keep the pad spinning.

You also can't beat its lifetime warranty. Anytime you have a problem, they'll exchange the tool for you no questions asked.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

really? I think my GG6 is loud but it's the only DA I've ever used

guess I don't really know what loud is...
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

My PC has been collecting dust ever since I got the GG6!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are Happy with it Kris! I love mine....would be lost without it.

My Pc is a wax spreader also...set up on the 4" pads alltho it does see correction work in its current state(for 4" pads).

would love to have a flex or 2......someday LOL!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent choice Kris! I too think it's quiet when compared to the PC XP or the Flex 3401. Haven't heard the Meg's unit so I can't compare. The Griot's is awesome when using the Meg's MF system, just non-stop torque.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

My gg 6" is 3 years old and going strong...great DA.....

So's my 3 inch DA from them....
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage DA is incredible. Glad your happy with it.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

I used mine recently to remove marks/marring from a clear bra on an M series BMW. It worked extremely well with 4" pads and made short work of the worst areas. Great product compared to my old PC7336 and even the Cyclo which was my favorite...glad you like yours.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I'm definitely happy with my GG6 purchase. You can't beat lifetime warranty.

I still think that the build quality could be better. Have you seen a G110v2 yet? You'll see a big difference in quality.

As far as the motor's sound, I would agree with you. The motor seems to be very quiet.

It can definitely handle a lot of pressure and keep the pad spinning.

You also can't beat its lifetime warranty. Anytime you have a problem, they'll exchange the tool for you no questions asked.
    Agreed, the warranty is awesome! I have not used the Megs yet...so I can't compare. I'm more or less just comparing it to the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    really? I think my GG6 is loud but it's the only DA I've ever used

guess I don't really know what loud is...
    Don't get the PC then, ha. The GG6 may be loud...but to me, after using the PC, it's silent, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    Glad you are Happy with it Kris! I love mine....would be lost without it.

My Pc is a wax spreader also...set up on the 4" pads alltho it does see correction work in its current state(for 4" pads).

would love to have a flex or 2......someday LOL!
    I'll get the Flex someday. But for now, I'm definitely happy with the GG6.

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
    My PC has been collecting dust ever since I got the GG6!
    Mine will be collecting now too, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Excellent choice Kris! I too think it's quiet when compared to the PC XP or the Flex 3401. Haven't heard the Meg's unit so I can't compare. The Griot's is awesome when using the Meg's MF system, just non-stop torque.
    That's what I love about it. I haven't used the MF system with it yet. I will give that a shot tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    My gg 6" is 3 years old and going strong...great DA.....

So's my 3 inch DA from them....
    Awesome. Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    I used mine recently to remove marks/marring from a clear bra on an M series BMW. It worked extremely well with 4" pads and made short work of the worst areas. Great product compared to my old PC7336 and even the Cyclo which was my favorite...glad you like yours.
    I used it today on a black BMW. One pass with 205 did an amazing job. I got much better results than I would have with the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryMobile View Post
    Griots Garage DA is incredible. Glad your happy with it.
    I definitely am!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast