autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips The Art of Detailing

A week ago I finished reading The Art of Detailing and wanted to review it being as Mr. Phillips helps us all a lot by responding to our questions among many other things. Let me start off with a little information about myself to give you a background of my experience and where my review is coming from. My company is Flawless Reflections Auto Detailing and I am one of three owners and the main muscle/head of operations. We haven't been around long since around April, but I have been detailing for my own cars and family cars for years and developed a passion for it like many of you.

The Art of Detailing is great especially for new detailers with minimal experience and even for the seasoned highly experienced detailer because there are a lot of small kernels of knowledge hiding everywhere so you really can't skip a word of this book or you might just be sacrificing a lot. Mike goes over the most important parts of detailing like using the least aggressive product for the job and tells you exactly why this rule is so important. Mike also goes over all the myriads of products available and is amazingly unbiased on if one is better than the other which for Mike being in the game so long and I am sure he has preferences like we all do, but never mentions them I really find this impressive and highly respectable.

After reading m first paragraph you know a little about me and my experience I knew a lot of information in the book from doing it all the time, but there were so many little things that have helped me with my daily work small things that when put together help solve the larger puzzle and Mike does an outstanding job at explaining why which is something that really helps me absorb and understand the information. Do you detail professionally or just want to know more about it? Then do yourself a factor and buy this book even if you think you're an expert trust me spend the small amount of money and few hours reading it because its a very small price to pay for all of the tips and thorough explanations that this small book contains! There is only one negative thing I have to say about this and its not pertaining to Mike Phillips at all. When I purchased the book I did so on the kinle app for android to read it on my tablet and some of the paragraphs mainly ones with pictures were out of order.

Thank you for reading and feel free to give any feedback.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips The Art of Detailing

You should of bought a real hard copy, Mike even personally signed them!..Kindle isn't good for reference books.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know but I have a problem lol I can't wait for anything if its avoidable and the kindle is immediate... I will probably buy a hardcover and re-read it lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be getting one after all these sales are over. I wish I had gotten it on the Cyber Buster deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the paper back, but have to wait for Christmas to read it. Looking forward to reading it.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Kindle version as well, but it was un-readable so I had to return it. Very disappointing, something I hope can be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

I would of prefered a hard cover copy because my MIke Phillips' "The Art of Detailing" book is already aggressively creasing at the binder.I've not even read the book cover to cover(just flipped through)and it's already showing sign's of wear within 15min of paging it.I'm a lil dis-appointed with that but from what I've read,Mike did an excellent bang-up job!
    Just wish it was offered in hard cover because I would have paid the extra cost to have one.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the digital copy, I know and understand why they did what they did but it requires a password EVERY TIME you open the file. Kind of annoying. Other then that I am glad I bought the digital copy as I never have to worry about misplacing it and I can have it up and the forum up at the same time. lol ugh I need a life outside this place!
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.