autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    opie_7afe

DP interior protectant V.S Meguiars Ultimate Protectant

well here is my comparison view of detailers pro interior protectant(DPIP) and meguiars ultimate protectant(MUP).

first off in this comparison review is information of both products.

Detailers Pro Interior Protectant

Bottle: Black Round Spray bottle(I'm using the sample bottle however)
    Size: 32oz
    Color Of Product: Light Blue
    Product Separation: Observed separates into 2 clean layers. must be shaken well
    Smell: Imitation banana smell
    Constancy: A little thicker than water
    Price: $19.99
    Manufacturers Directions:

1. If your interior is badly soiled, use Detailer’s Pro Series Total Interior Cleaner to remove tough spots from the vinyl, plastic, and rubber.
    2. Spray a microfiber applicator pad with Detailer’s Pro Series Interior Surface Protectant and wipe the dashboard, trim, and door panels.

I love this interior protectant, has low shine, non greasy, lasts a good while, great scent, does have some cleaning abilities. It is also dry to the touch which I love because it lessens how much dust collects but still does collect dust. very easy to apply using a microfiber applicator pad, the product will darken the trim/dash, as the product goes on it does look like it has a high shine untill the product levels out and turns into a nice sheen. You also do not use a lot of this product i do 4 sprays on pad and that does my whole dash then i do 1 or 2 sprays on pad for each panel, of course thats using the sample size bottle so full size may be different. All in all its a great product and I love it!

Meguiars Ultimate protectant

Bottle: Black rectangular squeeze bottle
    Size: 12oz
    Color Of Product: Yellow tinted
    Product Separation: Have not tested, but says to shake well
    Smell: like a kitchen/bathroom cleaner.
    Constancy: almost like cooking oil maybe?
    Price: $8.99
    Manufacturers Directions: Apply a thin layer of Meguiars Ultimate Protectant onto desired surface with a soft microfiber or foam applicator. Rub it in, Wipe off excess then let dry.

This product is good for interiors but to me not the greatest, I like it way better for exteriors. Guessing why they renamed it ultimate black. The product does darken slightly more then the DPIP. It also leave the surface slightly oily feeling, it probably wouldn't be as oily if i wiped off the excess but i figured i did a thin enough coat. On the positive side it is not overly shiny, has a touch more shine than the DPIP. The product does collect more dust than the DPIP.One thing i do not like is the bottles top, unless you turn it completely upside down it will leak product all around the hole in the cap which will make a mess over time, and with it not being a thick product it comes out of the bottle fast. So i need to transfer into a spray bottle or squeeze bottle to defeat that small issue. like i said this product works better on the exterior.
    That's it for the text portion of the review, now onto my comparison pictures. hope this helps someone with a decision!.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP interior protectant V.S Meguiars Ultimate Protectant

Thanks for the review. I think the camera flash can make it look glossier than it is. How much did you buff after your initial application.

DP's sheen can be reduced with some buffing. Also, with any protectant, the less you apply can help reduce the sheen especially if you apply to the applicator and spread rather than spray surface directly.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time with the project!

I currently use Meguiars Ultimate Protectant ($7.99), and as you showed/stated it gives a nice gloss. If I want a clean matt look I use 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner($10.99), I like this product allot because not only does it work great but you can spray it EVERYWHERE including all plastics and even your navigation screen.

Thanks....have a great Sunday!

Bacon

opie_7afe

i didnt buff afterwards, i love the sheen of the DP anyways, not overly shiny just a nice sheen. so i don't buff and same with the megs ultimate protectant as most consumers don't buff off afterwards, and only did a small portion of my dash with the megs..also i never spray anything directly on the surface of a interior, exception is glass. main reason why i don't is just to be extra careful to not leave those drip trails you get with some cleaners ect. however thank you for the tips! and yes camera flash can make stuff look glossier. i just use a point and shoot with automatic flash most of the time, i'm not a pro photographer lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the DP and it is my goto product

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review, good pictures.

I find that the UP is non greasy and leaves a nice glow, unless I apply too thick and don't rub it in. As advertized it is intended to be aplied like a wax but worked in to the surface and allowed to cure. Sort of a CC for plastic, rubber and vinyl.

for my '88 HondaThe UV protection is just as important for the exposed interior as for the exterior trim.

Thanks for the great write up.

Meguiars Ultimate Protectant, rubber and vinyl protectant, rubber dressing

Post Thanks / Like

I love how the DP interior protectant works but after applying, on a hot day, it emits a very strong odor which give me quite a headache. I have no issues during the cooler weather.

Have anyone else noticed this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCougarGuy View Post
    I love how the DP interior protectant works but after applying, on a hot day, it emits a very strong odor which give me quite a headache. I have no issues during the cooler weather.

Have anyone else noticed this?
    I've noticed this. Its almost like a spoiled milk/vomit smell to me. One of the reasons I stopped using it.

My interiors now either get UIGP,Mothers protectant/303(very similar), or Megs QID.
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how DP and Megs would compare with Lexol? Anyone? I have only used Lexol and I have to tell you that the level of dust that accumulates on my dashboard is so minor that maintenance is a breeze. Lexol darkened my interior, which gave it a nice deep black along the lines of a matte finish; just what I need because glare in the interior is annoying and dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

303 stole my heart
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast