autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: CarPro PERL

I now use Perl 1:1 on my tires and its a perfect look.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me start by saying that I absolutely love PERL for interior uses (and I will continue to use in this capacity).

Unfortunately, I have been disappointed by its durability on exterior trim. Given, I have a DD that sits un-garaged 24/7/365 - my experiences have led me to believe PERL's exterior longevity to be somewhere in the 2 - 3 week ballpark. (yes, I have used numerous dilution ratios and my trim is always prepped - including IPA wipedowns).

Anyone else have this issue?

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review! I was reading on other threads that PERL is hard to remove from glass? Is this true? The guy said he uses an assortment of chemicals and had to resort to a razor blade to get it all off. It makes me weary to use it on my interior or touch my paint. Anyone else have problems like this?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ior-glass.html

Besides that it looks like it has everything I want in a product. I would love the darkening effect it has. Hopefully someone has an answer otherwise I'll just use it on my tires or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm that guy. Just spray it on an applicator away from the car and you'll be ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by y8s View Post
    I'm that guy. Just spray it on an applicator away from the car and you'll be ok.
    Thanks for the response!

What about interiors especially the dash? After reading your post I would be afraid of it getting near my windshield even with an applicator. If some accidently got on the windshield the haziness would drive me nuts haha. I don't think I'm as brave as you to take a razorblade to my windshield either.

I was also interested if other people notice this problem as well. Maybe not just on glass but maybe paintwork as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm not sure what others experience. I just had the same issue on two vehicles. The dash looks great but the window, especially around the bottom edge, got a lot on it when I sprayed it.

I wasn't afraid of the razor blade because here in VA we have stickers stuck on the inside of the window and random inspection techs take them off with razor blades every year.

I know someone from CarPro posts here occasionally. Maybe find their username and send them a message to come respond to my thread?

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto19 View Post
    Thanks for the response!

What about interiors especially the dash? After reading your post I would be afraid of it getting near my windshield even with an applicator. If some accidently got on the windshield the haziness would drive me nuts haha. I don't think I'm as brave as you to take a razorblade to my windshield either.

I was also interested if other people notice this problem as well. Maybe not just on glass but maybe paintwork as well?
    Hi
    you can spray it on short loops MF and wipe on the dash, no need to spray directly.
    even if you spray directly , and it has dots on the glass, wile its fresh you can wipe them off, APC will remove it quite easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats an odd one. Ive never heard of an issue like that with Perl. Avi covered you on the tips of application and dont worry.... Its easy to use and easy to remove from glass. Leaving it on glass is just a misuse but still removable with apc. If anyone ever needs fast assistance with a carpro question I represent them in the US and will be happy to help you anytime. Call, email, or post over on our carpro us forum anytime.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks Avi and Cee Dog! I just ordered some thanks to AG's end of year sale. Look forward to trying it out.

Post Thanks / Like

This may have been asked but im looking for a trim dressing that wont run. How does Perl hold up to rain? If it rains will it run down the side of my black truck after applied to my trim?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast