autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Kozak Dry Cloth???

Anyone ever try or know how these Kozak Cloths perform?
    It's a tough one to grasp. I'm temporarily in an area of no washing cars (rules) so I was going with waterless wash. Maybe one of these between ww's.
    Kozak Dry Wash Cloths are still a great way to clean and shine your vehicle between details.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kozak Dry Cloth???

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Anyone ever try or know how these Kozak Cloths perform?
    It's a tough one to grasp. I'm temporarily in an area of no washing cars (rules) so I was going with waterless wash. Maybe one of these between ww's.
    Kozak Dry Wash Cloths are still a great way to clean and shine your vehicle between details.
    My Dad got me one of those years ago, said he used to use 'em in the 40s. Personally, I wouldn't use one for anything more than light dust. And in that case I'd probably use a QD or spritz with an ONR dilution and wipe. The Kozak picks up dirt and retains it. It's impregnated with some kind of chemical whose smell I know but haven't been able to identify. Pepsodent? Beemans? :shrug: At any rate, you can only turn to a clean surface so many times. And it isn't washable or you lose the impregnated whateveritis. (technical term!) I also experienced some smearing on some dark surfaces.

If you're in a wash ban area I'd suggest PB's Spray & Wipe or the Ultima waterless product. I tested S&W on a winter-cruddy black car that no one in their right mind would use a waterless wash. Clean, shiney, no marring but I used a LOT of MF towels!

Where are you experiencing a washing ban? The Cal reservoirs have to be just about overflowing with the excessive snow pack runoff this year.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the excellent input TLM. I felt crazy for even asking since it seemed to go against my belief system, but had to ask. No water ban. We are in an apartment waiting to find a house in a new town. It's the apt complex rules to not wash cars on site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimmy, I'm in the same boat. I use and love UWW+ on my truck. If its really dirty, I go to a local car wash and use their power washer and the use the UWW+.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    We are in an apartment waiting to find a house in a new town. It's the apt complex rules to not wash cars on site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb G. View Post
    Jimmy, I'm in the same boat. I use and love UWW+ on my truck. If its really dirty, I go to a local car wash and use their power washer and the use the UWW+.
    There ya go! In Central CA it isn't like you're going to need to blast ice and salt off your ride.

Nice Avator, Jimmie. Yosemite? Where ya at... down 49 somewhere?

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    There ya go! In Central CA it isn't like you're going to need to blast ice and salt off your ride.

Nice Avator, Jimmie. Yosemite? Where ya at... down 49 somewhere?

TL
    That is Yosemite.. I have similar pic of that section of the park that I took when I went there last September!

Jimmie... try ONR.
    2007 Ford Edge SEL AWD 2006 Ford Mustang GT 2009 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

these towels "still" scare me ... got one in my first kit order around 2001-2002 and never used it.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of them . I use them for light dust. On wheels and motors I use a old one. Its something that you would use every day, not when the car is very dirty. There great for Limos., trucks and fleet cars.

Mike Phillips

This topic has come up a few times on the forum and I'm just copying and pasting what I posted to the other threads for reference.

These things have been around since the early 1920's and many car manufactures had a private label version with their name on it for their brand of automobile.

It would be safe to say they are the company that made dry washing, or at least cleaning without water popular and they did it before any of us were born!

Here's the link to their history page...

History of the Kozak Drywash Cloths

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Kozak cloths! Have been using them for over 10 years on my own cars - my dad got me into them - he used them for over 40 years. Used on my 2008 Mercedes AMG CL63 black - worried about scratching - but was blown away at how well it worked and definitely did not scratch. Clearly if the car is really dirty you want to wash it, but I was living in NYC and wiping the car down every day or two - I went a year and a half without a wash and had people ask me how often my car was washed all the time! Highly recommend them!