autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Supernatural Hybrid, Optimum Opti-coat 2.0, Sonax Wheel Cleaner, Sonax Tire Gel, PB BnB Gel, Optimum Power Clean

Figured I'd post this all at once... not an in depth review, but I got a chance to use the products listed above in the last 1-2 months.

Supernatural Hybrid

Applied similar to Supernatural, but easily more visible traces... in other words, on my white paint, I could see where I applied. I let it cure for 10 mins or so, wiped off easy. As far as I can tell, it looks the same as supernatural (which means, it is OUT OF THIS WORLD), albeit a little more durable I would think. I don't really care about durability in the summer months, esp on my toy car. FWIW, Supernatural was/is my favorite wax.

Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0

All I can say is... I am definitely a BELIEVER in this stuff now. I have had it on the Civic now for almost 2 months... it's been rained on, driven in mud, crud, you name it. It's been washed about 5 times now, and blow dried, then dried with OID with some MF's. That's it. It still beads insanely, just like the first day I applied it. Difference is, the surface actually feels slicker now, than 2 months ago.

Well done Optimum. For a daily driver, this is perfect for me. Definitely worth the $$$ for the small syringe. I still have 3/4 of it left. See pic below... remember, no wax... this is all just Opti-Coat...

Sonax Wheel Cleaner

Works as advertised. I would say, it's a little more potent than ARO or Opti-clean (both at full strength). I had to scrub the rims very little. It does have a very strong chemical smell. Would I buy it again? prolly not... I think ARO and Opti-clean are a better value and I have gallons of that stuff.

Sonax Tire Gel

This is tough for me. It's actually silicone based, unlike PB BnB that I love. So it applies thicker, and is definitely glossier. I worry that it looks "armor all-ish". But suprisingly no sling off. My wife say she prefers the look of this over the more matte finish of the PB BnB. So, I will use this for her Odyssey, and I will stick to BnB for me. So verdict: If you like glossy with no tire sling, get Sonax Tire Gel.

Poorboy's Bold n Bright

Still my favorite tire dressing...esp in gel form now. Super easy to apply, dries instantly, lasts a long time, no tire sling, and an amped up matte finish. Just what I want.... not greasy looking. Love it!!!

Optimum Power Clean

I like ARO a little more... Power Clean must be used at full strength, at least for me, to work on tires and rims. Diluting it leaves a lot to be desired. But for what it does, it does it well enough. Would I buy it again? Probably not... I'll just finish this gallon

Anyway, that's all I had. I hope this helps anyone looking to try any of this stuff.
    2012 Ford Mustang 5.0 - Kona Blue Christened name: MARILYN
    2012 Acura TSX S.E. - Silver Moon Christened name: TORI
    2013 Toyota Prius V - Blue Ribbon Metallic Christened name: PORTIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Supernatural Hybrid, Optimum Opti-coat 2.0, Sonax Wheel Cleaner, Sonax Tire Gel, PB BnB Gel, Optimum Power Clean

Thanks for the review, but you arent allowed to post anymore photos of that SWEET Z!

REALLY makes me want to buy one every time I see yours!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Supernatural Hybrid, Optimum Opti-coat 2.0, Sonax Wheel Cleaner, Sonax Tire Gel, PB BnB Gel, Optimum Power Clean

great writeup . I love the way the Nissan looks after the supernatural hybrid ! I'm very glad to see that you wrote it applies easily with visible application on the white paint. Thats something that drives me crazy on my white Audi. Regular Supernatural is so very clear that its almost impossible to see on my car, so I always either underapply , or overapply. I now stay away from pure clear products, just so i can apply properly.

I have found that dark room application is the best bet for white cars. I close my garage door and use 1 halogen light hung above everything. This makes polishing and seeing defects very easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Woo Hoo, the Z is looking fantastic!

I have found that OPC 3:1 does not quite do it for me on tires as well. APC+ 4:1 or OPC full strength is needed to get all the brown crud off the sidewalls. I will still keep OPC around as it is fantastic on all things interior, leather included, but APC+ for bulk jobs such as tires and carpets.

Thanks for posting your results. Keep us updated with the durability of the SNH
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff120 View Post
    Thanks for the review, but you arent allowed to post anymore photos of that SWEET Z!

REALLY makes me want to buy one every time I see yours!
    haha... DO IT! DO IT! I had an Altima too, 2007, loaded up... missed that. Traded her in for an Odyssey

But yeah, I love my Z... best car I've owned by a mile. Looks, performance, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    great writeup . I love the way the Nissan looks after the supernatural hybrid ! I'm very glad to see that you wrote it applies easily with visible application on the white paint. Thats something that drives me crazy on my white Audi. Regular Supernatural is so very clear that its almost impossible to see on my car, so I always either underapply , or overapply. I now stay away from pure clear products, just so i can apply properly.

I have found that dark room application is the best bet for white cars. I close my garage door and use 1 halogen light hung above everything. This makes polishing and seeing defects very easy.
    Thank you! Yes, I agee Hard to see SN on white paint. I mean, I could see SN Hyb easier, but it was still hard to see, don't get me wrong. I had to angle my view to see it. SN is definitely much harder. Goes on virtually clear. But the results are just phenomenal on white. (Of course surface must be properly prepped )

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    Woo Hoo, the Z is looking fantastic!

I have found that OPC 3:1 does not quite do it for me on tires as well. APC+ 4:1 or OPC full strength is needed to get all the brown crud off the sidewalls. I will still keep OPC around as it is fantastic on all things interior, leather included, but APC+ for bulk jobs such as tires and carpets.

Thanks for posting your results. Keep us updated with the durability of the SNH
    Thanks for the props Bill.... they're not in the category of "Awesome-ness" like you and Corey (CEE DOG), but I think readers get the gyst of what I wrote.

You really use OPC for interior?!?!?! explain please. I would like to know how to...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportscarhiatus View Post
    You really use OPC for interior?!?!?! explain please. I would like to know how to...
    Pretty simple, at 3:1 I just spray it on a cheap MF, then wipe down the surfaces, using a brush to agitate any dirty areas. On leather I use a little dish scrubber with a reservoir that I put the OPC into, then gently agitate, then wipe down with a damp MF that is rinsed in a bucket of warm water. Be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first, there was a recent thread of someone that was having some problems with it. After reading through the great-leather-debate thread that Mark started, I decided OPC was a good way to go for me.

Here is some leather I cleaned (the first one was OPC full strength, the second was 3:1).

Treatment removed that was removed was 303 aerospace, in preparation to apply UIGP.

Left side cleaned. You can see the dish brush I use in the bottom corner.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

^ Dang Bill... that's pretty involved for interior surface cleaning! I guess you do it for customers, so I imagine some of the interiors you see are really in need of help. For mine, I simply use DP interior cleaner on an old MF, then wipe away. Then I condition the leather, then use 303 on the interior plastics/vinyl.

Post Thanks / Like

The SN Hybrid is looking good. I like it on my black highlander limited too. It has been holding up well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    The SN Hybrid is looking good. I like it on my black highlander limited too. It has been holding up well.
    Thanks Lou... what are your thoughts on SN-H compared to SN? I want to take a look at it again today in the sun, but I do know that SN (on top of Jetseal 109) looks killer, esp on white. I have yet to try SN on a dark color.