autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Gell Wheel and Tire Cleaner

While AutoGeek does not carry this, I feel that since I use it, I should review it.

I normally don't use wheel cleaners much, since I wash my wheels before they need a cleaner. But when doing a friend's car, sometimes soap and water won't get it. I tried the Eagle One A2Z Wheel and Tire cleaner and I never understood why people liked it. It didn't live up to the hype, so I went hunting for a wheel and tire cleaner. I like Meguair's Wheel Brightener, but I didn't want a gallon of it or have to worry about diluting it. I looked into the Blackfire cleaner, liked what I read, and ordered 32oz of it.

(Oh yeah, if some of these pictures look familiar, it's because they came from the same detail and overlap some)

There isn't much of a smell, and what is there isn't offensive. Just, kinda cleanish, light chemical smell I would put it. Good for a couple whiffs, but I wouldn't want to smell it all day.

I like the fact it's a gel. Not like that of a body wash gel, but it does cling well enough. I did two spray around each tire and then I let the product sit couple minutes then hit it with my Mother's tire brush. Enter pictures

Excellent foaming and brown roll off.

Now, in my attempt to beat the sun, I forgot after pictures :smack: but the tires came very clean, better than using APC+ at 4:1. I really liked how it performed.

And I also used it on a couple spots on the barrel of the wheel. In my other review for the Griot's HD wheel cleaner, it did alright on the rims, but I felt this might do better.

Those lighter areas? Those got a bit of BF cleaner on them.

Would I buy this product again? Absolutely. Now, you may be asking yourself "But Kyle, you just did a review on the Griot's and you said you liked it, and now you're saying you'd buy this as well? Why?" Well, couple of reasons. First, this doubles as a tire cleaner. While I could have dedicated products, I also like having one bottle do two jobs, saying space. Second, the products are different. The Griot's claim to fame is the color changing with the iron aspect. I feel the BF is a stronger cleaner in general though. So, I feel both products are needed on my shelf. Could I go by Sonax and have both? I hope that's not too confusing, but I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks for reading.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Gell Wheel and Tire Cleaner

Awesome review!

I was thinking about doing a wheel cleaner review soon!

Post Thanks / Like

i like the fact is does both tires and wheels-is it pricey?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ziggo99;486725]While AutoGeek does not carry this, I feel that since I use it, I should review it.

FYI:

"Since AutogeekOnline is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.net, product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.net and PBMA's family of websites. Links to competing companies and products that are not available through Autogeek.net will be deleted. Repeated linking and discussion of products not available through us may result in a permanent ban."

Post Thanks / Like

...it's still a product, I don't get why we can't review products. It seems they added that rule only so we can't be fully informed on every product out there which is a major disadvantage. Very disappointing.

I think he knew the rule already anyways..

I liked the review and I don't mind if you used a product being sold on AG or not. As a detailer, I want to be fully informed of ALL products.

I was going to do a review of a product as well. While it may not be sold by AG, it's information the detailers have the right to know and isn't that the point of a forum? To inform people and help everyone out?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to offend you at all Kyle but I don't understand why people post reviews for non AG products on AG. If I review a product AG doesn't sell I would post it on an independent forum or one controlled by the store that sold me the product.

Having said that, I'm sure you were not thinking about it like that and I thank you for your efforts and a well done review.

Cheers

Maximus, you can't expect to be fully informed on detailing without finding information from an array of sources or a non sponsored forum.

It would be like watching MSNBC and expecting to be fully informed.

Cheers
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

It's alright to mention other product, but AG has to draw a line. I also don't get how people don't understand. You would not be able to push a Chevy product on a Ford sponsered forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    It's alright to mention other product, but AG has to draw a line. I also don't get how people don't understand. You would not be able to push a Chevy product on a Ford sponsered forum.
    Great way of explaining it! Thanks.
    This forum is here for discussion of Products that Autogeek carries. There are a lot of fully open forums you can discuss the other products at, but we would appreciate you keeping discussions on this forum based on the lines we carry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I don't want to offend you at all Kyle but I don't understand why people post reviews for non AG products on AG. If I review a product AG doesn't sell I would post it on an independent forum or one controlled by the store that sold me the product.

Having said that, I'm sure you were not thinking about it like that and I thank you for your efforts and a well done review.
    Well said,, Dog.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little side note, one of the reasons Max acquired the Autopia Forums was to give an open avenue for everyone to discuss all products. So there is a place for this kind of discussion, just not here on AG but please feel free to take it over there. As always with Max and PBMA we like for you to have choices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast