autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterless Wash aka "Drywash"*pics*

So i finally had the time to try this stuff out to a full extend. i decided to try it out on my family's buick. i hadn't washed the car for this specific reason to see how well this stuff actually works as an actual "waterless wash". Anthony aka "B&BTennessee" uses a similar product from this same manufacture since they offer i believe 3 waterless washes. i dont know if this is the exact same one Anthony uses. Jason aka "seajay's" also did a review with one of the other waterless wash products from this same manufacture. Keep in mind this car has never been waxed or sealed buffed. onto the review!

Brief description:
    So according to the manufacture of this product this system can replace washing your car without soap and water. The product contains Wax and Kaolin clay. The liquid comes in a 16oz. bottle witch they claim it can do 5 to 7 full cars with this bottle. Its also available in a gallon witch they claim it can do up to 70 cars. The liquid is white and has a very good smell. it smells like a mixture between oranges and lemons so its very pleasant to use. This product is ready to use out of the bottle so no diluting has to be done.

Pictures with comments:

I didnt wash the car on purpose for about two weeks to see how strong this product really is. it rained a few days during those two weeks and the worst part was that it got covered by nasty water from sprinklers.

Pretty nasty hood

50/50 shot. at this point i was pretty impressed already by this stuff. but the error that i made was i did the hood right away after turning off the car so the hood was burning hot and also here in texas the heat is already pretty nasty. the haze you see between the clean part and the dirty part is actually the wax that you have to leave it haze before you buff off.

as you can see there are some water spots etched in the paint already from the sprinklers. maybe i shouldnt have left that on there too long? no worries, i will soon be correcting the paint of this car. some of these spots actually came off when the hood was cooler and i wiped it again.

The best 50/50 shot i got of the hood. keep in mind this was just with just one wipe. it took right away all of the surface contamination with no problem. By this time i had moved into one of the booth in the car wash. i went to the local car wash to do this because i didnt want to do it in my apartments.

50/50 shot of the fender.

I found some bird droppings on the fender so this was a great candidate to see how well this product would remove it. i have no idea for how long that dropping had been on there.

with only 4 sprays on the bird dropping and its surrounding it came right off with this first wipe. pretty impressive if you ask me.

As you can see there were some brown spots of water on the hood. i have no idea what fell on here as they were only in the hood so i decided to see if this would take them out.

it took off the surface contamination with no problem but these spots didnt come off with the first wipe so i decided to just shoot the spot and try it again.

lets see if it comes out!!!

it came out a little more but some remained there. i decided to leave these spots alone and proceed to rest of the car. i will soon be correcting the paint on this car so these and other etched spots will come out.

as you can see it cleaned the hood very well. it sure did leave some sort of wax because it does look very shiny and the reflections look pretty deep. remember that this car had no lsp prior to me doing this test so the results are just pure from this product.

50/50 fender.

front clip finished. It sure left quite a shine that i was not expecting from this product. by this point i am a believer already!

Another bird dropping for testing!

this was just after one spray and a wipe. it took most of it off but it still needed another pass.

completely clean and gone. not impressed yet?

50/50 of the trunk. the trunk did not have those brown spots like the hood did so it was fairly easy to clean.

almost done with the trunk. in my opinion the finish this leaves is outstanding. it leaves a very deep wet look. for a waterless wash its more than decent.

done.

before...

after!

50/50

The pressure washer! as i was about to use it to test the "wax" this product contains.

The wax test:
    shooting some water to see how well the water beaded or sheeted.

apparently the water does not bead and instead it sheets off.

sheeting!

Over all thoughts:

personally this is a great waterless wash that can easily replace some buckets and soap but to a certain extend. i think the surface of this car was way too dirty for this product as i had to do several wipes to take all the dirt and contamination off. but for a car that is washed with this biweekly and every week this is perfect. im sure that a car with less dirt this would knock it out in a first wipe. the wax left behind by this product does leave a very nice finish alone. in my opinion i doubt it will have any durability and its just a mild wax that might last a few days. but i will keep and eye out and see how far this stuff can go. again, i am impressed with how well this product cleans. now the question im sure all of you are wondering is, "does it scratch the paint". From what i experienced with this car, no. it has tons of lubricity and it didnt seem to leave any scratches behind. yes this paint was already scratched and has a tons of swirls but i didnt see any scratches left behind. now i read somewhere that Kaolin clay is a filler and there are chances it might have left scratches but are just not visible right now? i will polish a portion of the hood and leave it swirl free and put it to the same test again and see it does scratch the paint. witch i highly doubt it will but i will put it to the test.

Side notes:
    i did this test just for the paint and i didnt clean the rims or wheel wells. it was just to test this product on the paint so i had no intentions in cleaning the rims. im sure Anthony aka "B&BTennessee" has a method of cleaning the tires and wheel wells without water to make his system a true waterless wash aka "drywash". i mention Anthony since he own and runs a detailing business offering these dry washes and by the results he shared with us all is what motivated me to give it a shot at this product. By all means this is great product.

Do i recommend this product?:
    Yes,
    it does a great job and it sure does live up to what it claims. if anyone is interested to know what product i used, send me a private message since its a product that AG dosent carry and in respect to AG i dont wish to post it in their forums.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless Wash aka "Drywash"*pics*

sorry for not having over all after pictures. i was in a hurry and didnt have time to shoot any!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

That turned out much better than i expected. I have done a somewhat of a "drywash" on my moms escalade, but the paint is not corrected and swirled heavily because she doesnt take care of it, but i just used a bunch of QD instead of a product made for this. But i still dont think i would use this technique on my truck, i spend too many hours keeping it scratch free ha

Great work, love the review!
    2005 GMC Sierra z71 fully loaded, straight pipes, hypertech programmer, cold air intake, 35" BFG mud terrain Km2's on 2009 Sierra wheels, painted door handles and mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelley386 View Post
    That turned out much better than i expected. I have done a somewhat of a "drywash" on my moms escalade, but the paint is not corrected and swirled heavily because she doesnt take care of it, but i just used a bunch of QD instead of a product made for this. But i still dont think i would use this technique on my truck, i spend too many hours keeping it scratch free ha

Great work, love the review!

Thanks! your right about doing this on a car that has been polished. that is why i will buff a portion to perfection with no scratches and see if this stuff scratches it. even if it dosent i still wouldnt use it since i have soaps that increase gloss and personally i love using water and soap. but when i do get my detail business going on some day i sure will offer this stuff. Hell even Joe aka superiorshine said he does alot of these waterless washes! he even has a video!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

If your doing quick washes for money, why not do this? I mean not on a bentley, but on a typical DD car its not going to hurt it anymore than it has been hurt. It will save you time and water which means more $ in your pocket

I am interested to see how it turns out on a polished portion of the hood be sure and post pics!
    2005 GMC Sierra z71 fully loaded, straight pipes, hypertech programmer, cold air intake, 35" BFG mud terrain Km2's on 2009 Sierra wheels, painted door handles and mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelley386 View Post
    If your doing quick washes for money, why not do this? I mean not on a bentley, but on a typical DD car its not going to hurt it anymore than it has been hurt. It will save you time and water which means more $ in your pocket

I am interested to see how it turns out on a polished portion of the hood be sure and post pics!
    I doubt this stuff scratches the surface, think about it, if Anthony has a very successful business running doing this stuff is because people keep coming back. same goes for Joe.

but hey, ill put it to the test and see the outcome.
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

True, True. Customers coming back means more than anything that you do a good job!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review man! Very detail oriented review.

I can say that the product you used is sub par to the product I use though.... and the only reason I know that is because another individual used the product you are talking about and I led him to the actual product I use and he loved it! So, if your review is this good on this product.... I think you would be amazed even more with the product I actually use lol!

Confusing?!?!? Either way - I glad you liked a similar product..... but I think you will be even more amazed by the "green stuff" which is what I call it

Still an awesome review CeeDog style!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Great review man! Very detail oriented review.

I can say that the product you used is sub par to the product I use though.... and the only reason I know that is because another individual used the product you are talking about and I led him to the actual product I use and he loved it! So, if your review is this good on this product.... I think you would be amazed even more with the product I actually use lol!

Confusing?!?!? Either way - I glad you liked a similar product..... but I think you will be even more amazed by the "green stuff" which is what I call it

Still an awesome review CeeDog style!
    AH the "green stuff" is what you use... hmmm.. i thought it was this "white stuff" that you used! i read that the "green stuff" is more of a quick detailer?
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

I like the review and I have to say; these products seem to work quite well!!

I like many, were hugely skeptical of both the rinse-less and waterless wash. I begrudgingly bought the DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, mixed it according to the directions and I have to say I was IMPRESSED!!

I tried this on my truck last winter. I let the solution flow across the hood allowing it to loosen things up then I "very carefully" flowed additional solution across with a wool mitt. The hood was gorgeously clean and shinny after wiping with a drying Microfiber towel...

Nice review and documentation!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast