autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Eco Touch Tire Shine

Every Sunday I pull out the radio, put on my swim trunks, and wash the car. Being that I live in Florida, this is possible year round.

With every wash I try and put a new product to the test. Whether it's a tire shine, trim dressing, dash protectant, or even the newest air freshener - I test it out.

This week I decided to put the Eco Touch Tire Shine to the test. I usually apply a tire dressing every other week and my go-to products for the last year have been Optimum Opti-Bond and DP Gloss Tire Gel, depending on the look I'm going for. The Opti-Bond and the DP hold up fairly well and I usually have no problem getting two weeks out of either product, rain or shine, and I put 400+ miles a week on the car.

If you're not familiar with Eco Touch Car Care, they manufacture a line of premium car care products that are safe for the environment. I met the Eco Touch crew at this year's Detail Fest and they have a true passion for producing exceptional car care products that are eco-friendly.

Eco Touch Tire Shine is available in a 16oz and a gallon size refill. Unlike most tire dressings that simply make the tire look wet and glossy on the outside, Eco Touch Tire Shine is formulated with plant-based emollients and waxes that hydrate the tire while producing a natural, low gloss finish that dries to the touch.

Here is how the tires look after being washed and scrubbed with Amazing Roll off and a stiff scrub brush. Amazing Roll Off works great at removing old tire dressings.

I applied a thin, even coat of the Tire Shine with a Cobra Tire Dressing Applicator. First thing I noticed is how easy it is to apply and how a little bit of product goes a long way. In terms of consistency and ease of use, it's comparable to Opti-Bond and DP Gloss Tire Gel.

After a thin, even coat was applied here is the end result...

Shortly after applying the Tire Shine on all four tires, I grabbed a couple pictures of how it looks on the opposite side of the car, which was in direct sunlight.

Overall I am very impressed with the product's ease of use and the look that it provides. Within five minutes of applying the dressing to each tire, it dried to the touch. About an hour after applying it I went for a drive and there was no sling off.

If the Eco Touch Tire Shine lasts as long as the Opti-Bond and the DP, it looks like I'll have another tire dressing to choose from every other Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: Eco Touch Tire Shine

Very nice Nick! I do like the look of that. Not over glossy and seems to give a nice dark look.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us updated on durability please. This looks like a very promising and affordable line of products. It pays to be (or at least appear) greener in this town.

Thanks for the write up.

Post Thanks / Like

That does have a very nice look to it. Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to like no shine, but that is not overly shiny. I could see giving it a try depending on durability.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm monitoring this thread...I'm looking at getting a gallon of this but need to know how long it lasts.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

That is just the right amount of shine for me, I hate seeing greasy wheels!

Post Thanks / Like

Now that does have a very pleasing look !!!
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those tires look very nice. It sure gave them that "brand new" look again, not overly shiny or greasy, just how I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the looks of this product!! I met James Dudra at detailfest and it was a pleasure. He was a stand up honest guy. Im not one to jump on a product just because it says Eco but after meeting James I believe this company is the real deal. I wish I didn't have so many products. I would buy a few things from their line to try out. I do have their apc and looking forward to taking that for a spin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast