autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

VX5000 - quick review, more to come

Hey guys - just a quick non pick review of the VX5000 Vapor system. Went on vacation and was just able to test it out yesterday (forced test lol).

Enterprise called me and needed a vehicle deodorized and cleaned up - perfect chance.

I have seen multiple vids on this steamer and steaming in general before purchasing, so I felt comfortable going to town with it.

The car had a heavy "oil/shop" smell in it that apparently their employees tried many times to get it out. There were some stains on the upholstery and none on the carpets. Smell was overpowering.

Step 1 - Presprayed upholstery and carpets with an APC while the steamer heated up. I did not agitate the surfaces on purpose because I was going to use the triangle brush head and agitate while steaming (testing it).

Step 2 - Went to town on seats at first rapidly until I got a feel for the steam and how hard it is on the seats. Once I felt comfortable I slowed down and got a good rhythm going.

Step 3 - wiped seats off with MF - ALOT of dirt lifted off this seats and unto the MF!

Step 4 - hit all the carpets.

Step 5 - blew steam through the vents - which is awesome by the way lol!

By this point the smell was for the most part gone - took about 30 minutes. BUT - I wanted to play with the steamer a bit so I went ahead and steamed the doors, pedals, seat railings, etc..... and I can say I loved it . Center console came out great too - no tooth brush or chemicals used on these.

Enterprise manager was very happy which matters most. I loved it with this job. I have not tested it on hard carpet stains yet but I will be messing around with it more tonight and throughout the week. So expect a review with pics soon

OH yeah - stains on seats came out no problem
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VX5000 - quick review, more to come

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Ill be ordering one here real soon. I was debating between the vc 4000 and the vx 5000 and the only real difference is the vc holds a little more water and the vc has a switch on the to switch from haot water injection to steam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tomrzk View Post
    Ill be ordering one here real soon. I was debating between the vc 4000 and the vx 5000 and the only real difference is the vc holds a little more water and the vc has a switch on the to switch from haot water injection to steam.
    The vx has the switch on the wand to switch from injection to steam as well..... I was actually using both on accident at first..... gives the option of just steam, mixture, and just injection.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like it. I love mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Would u consider using this to wash a car with? I know u do dry wash but using hot water injection mode seems less likely to scratch the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking for myself I think the unit is to small for that. I have used it to detail out a motor, suspension and wheels. I really wanted one of those bigger models for car cleaning as in washing but didn't like the idea of steam then wipe with a MF. Could see to many ways to catch particles in the MF.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar unit of another make. It is really amazing how well these higher pressure hotter units work. The super heated almost dry vapor does its cleaning with almost no moisture left behind. Carpet and upholstery dry time is minutes rather than hours.

The fun is just beginning. Wait till you try it on an engine or do interior glass with it. The superheated blast of hot water can be a real thrill at the right times also.

Enjoy!!
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    I have a similar unit of another make. It is really amazing how well these higher pressure hotter units work. The super heated almost dry vapor does its cleaning with almost no moisture left behind. Carpet and upholstery dry time is minutes rather than hours.

The fun is just beginning. Wait till you try it on an engine or do interior glass with it. The superheated blast of hot water can be a real thrill at the right times also.

Enjoy!!

Cleaning glass?! Cleaning glass is my #1 hated thing to do! Id rather put hot needles in my eyes lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: VX5000 - quick review, more to come

I have the same model and it's probably the best purchase I have made for my mobile setup! It's perfect for windows & is streak free.. I have almost stopped using window cleaner. It makes quick work on cars with nasty yellow windows from smoking without missing a beat.. oh, I had a lady who called me to do her interior.. kids left a pack of crayons on the leather seats and middle console, it was a nasty mess but it took about 10 minutes with the steamer and it looked like it never happened.. great tool

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast