autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's D/A Microfiber Correction System - 2004 F-150

We had a few nice days over the last week so I decided to get out into the garage and give the new Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System a try.

I have not done a full polish or compound on my entire truck in probably over a year, so it was due, especially now that winter is over and we are getting into spring. It had the normal scratches and swirls from over a year of washing and drying.

It was tough with the lighting to capture the full effect of the swirls during the evening when I was out in the garage. Unfortunately this was the best shot I was able to get showing the swirls and scratches.

After washing and claying my truck, I started out with the New DA Microfiber Correction Compound (D300) on the new 5" Microfiber cutting pad (DMC5) with my PCXP on speed 4.5. The compound had a nice long working time and almost no dusting. The pads cleaned up easily with my compressor after I was done working each section. The pads were also very easy to work with and you could get closer to the edges of emblems and other protrusions more easily with these new thinner microfiber pads vs. some of the thicker foam pads with the rounded over bottom edges. I really like them. The paint finish came out amazing also with just the compound. I could have actually went straight to wax after the DA compound if I wanted to it looked so good, but there was some very slight marring that I could only see at the right angle up close under the halogen lights, so I went ahead and followed up with the new DA Microfiber Finishing Wax (D301) on the new DA Microfiber Finishing pads (DMF5) on my PCXP at speed 3. After priming the pads and doing several light passes and wiping off the residue I could actually see some more marring than what I had with just the compound which seemed kind of odd, so I cleaned the pad with my compressor and applied 2 more pea sized amounts of finishing wax onto the MF finishing pad and went back over the same area with a few more passes but this time with more pressure. That was the ticket. This time when I wiped off the residue the finish was flawless. It looked great. So I repeated this process over the rest of my truck.

Here are a few sun shots to show the clarity of the paint.

Here are a few reflection shots.

And the full view shots.

Overall I really like these new liquids and microfiber pads. They are both easy to use and have long working times and wipe off is super easy for both with very little dusting. Plus they both smell great, which is always nice when you are going to be working with a chemical for any length of time. The compound smelled like cinnamon and the finishing wax smelled like blueberries.

Great job to everyone involved with the development of this new system. I really like it so far and am looking forward to trying it out on some other vehicles.
    Brian

Mike Phillips

Re: Meguiar's D/A Microfiber Correction System - 2004 F-150

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post

Overall I really like these new liquids and microfiber pads. They are both easy to use and have long working times and wipe off is super easy for both with very little dusting.

Plus they both smell great, which is always nice when you are going to be working with a chemical for any length of time. The compound smelled like cinnamon and the finishing wax smelled like blueberries.
    Great summary of your experience and the truck looks better than new!

Long buffing cycle
    Easy wipe-off
    Pleasant scents

All these things make any detailing project faster and easier and in the long run, more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post

Nice reflection shot...

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like next time I use the Finishing pad and wax on my car I might have to give a little more pressure..I had the same issue of showing marring after finishing wax and pad..i was bummed cause I really wanted it to work well with my car..so I guess I will give it a round 2 sometime down the road with a little more pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mike.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 05xrunner View Post
    sounds like next time I use the Finishing pad and wax on my car I might have to give a little more pressure..I had the same issue of showing marring after finishing wax and pad..i was bummed cause I really wanted it to work well with my car..so I guess I will give it a round 2 sometime down the road with a little more pressure.
    Yes, I would definitely try the finishing wax again with more pressure. It worked great for me once I applied more pressure.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Can use menzerna FG500 on the cutting wool pads? and foam megs finish for wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice finish there and thanks for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent results and nice red F150.

I can't wait to order this system and use it next spring on my red F150. Based on your results, I think the kit will work really well on my truck and our other vehicles.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review and the before and after shots are amazing! Even though it was a bit difficult to see in the before shot, the swirls and surface defects were visible and Meguiar's Microfiber Correction System performed superbly!

The owner of this truck must be pleased!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff. This is my #1 go-to pad and polish selection for almost every detail I do now. The last car I did for a customer I used the cutting pad with D300 and then finished off with the finishing pad and the D301. Next detail I do I am going to give M205 a test with the finishing pad so I can apply some BFWD as the LSP instead of the finishing wax.

I'd much rather spend an extra 20 minutes to apply a good sealant than leave someone with the AIO carnauba stuff in the D301 finishing wax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast