autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

OK, this is my first product review, hope to do some more this summer.

Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant.

I drive an '03 Chevy s10, it's been mildly cared for for the past 6 years or so. The interior has been cleaned in the past mainly with armor all. WG V&R Protectant is a huge upgrade from armor all. Works well on vinyl, rubber, plastic, clear plastic, and even painted plastic surfaces.

What I was most surprised about with this product was it's ability to clarify clear plastic. The instrument panel on my s10 had never looked very clear until I used this product.

Of course, today I was bored, so I tested it on a painted plastic surface. I painted some plastic arm rests in my '86 bronco II about 6 months ago. Painted them tan; the original color was a mud brown. I let a good coat of WG V&R protectant on the piece for about 30 min. expecting the paint to lift or loosen up, but it proved to be safe.

Product made the surfaces look richer, and cleaner. It smelled a bit funny, maybe coconut?

Overall, this is a good product. I will test others when this runs out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-025-jpg   WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-024-jpg   WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-026-jpg   WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-028-jpg   WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-029-jpg   WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-030-jpg   WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-031-jpg   WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-020-jpg   WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant-random-019-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WG Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

Thanks for taking the time to put this together Ted! It looks like this thread slipped by. On future reviews you might consider putting the word Review in the title to help people to know. Also I would consider taking a before picture or a 50/50 picture for a more dramatic affect.

Interesting that you used it on clear plastic. Does it suggest that as one of its uses?

This is a product I haven't heard much about. Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant penetrates beyond the surface to maintain pliability and integrity of vinyl and rubber surfaces!

Thanks again!

Oops! Almost forgot... Here is a link that will show you how to insert pictures into your review. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...r-message.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ted S.

I just picked up a sample with my last order and am looking forward to trying it out. Does anyone know how this compares with Aerospace 303 regarding gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just got a sample of WG V&RP a week or so ago and have been testing it on vinyl, plastic, and rubber compared to 303. I have been using 303 for years now and have always liked the more matte look you get if you buff off excess. It keeps things cleaner than other protectants and really prevents fading. After awhile of using any protectant I think you have to clean it from the surfaces you have been applying it to and start over to keep from any yellowing from build-up and dirt. The WG V&Rp seems to absorb into smoother surfaces a little more efficiently the 303. But, I have noticed the 303 can be layered to achieve a brighter shine. The one trick that work when trying to get any protectant to absorb/adhere better to plastic is to use a blow dryer/heat gun to warm the item you are protecting so that the pores open up and you get minimal wash off when it gets wet. The WG V&Rp is thicker and doesn't seem to have this problem as much as the 303. I think run-off occurred with 303 for me recently because I tried layer too much before the initial application cured. 303 does seem to allow a light buffing without removing much gloss. Whereas the WG seems to lose gloss a little easier if you don't just let it dry after the initial application. I am still testing the WG's longevity in the elements. It seems to hold up on plastic bed rail covers well after light misting. Will post sometime soon my test with my tire using both 303/WG V&Rpro.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I'm jealous Ted. Wish my 01 S10 had the darker int. Or at least that mine had held up better. All my dash grills are busted up from the sun; Louisiana born truck, and spent almost 6yrs between La/Fl, plus the past 4 yrs. in the Va sun(had over two month straight Va summer sun with out any detailing which sealed the deal). But 303 did help a lot.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to put this together Ted! It looks like this thread slipped by. On future reviews you might consider putting the word Review in the title to help people to know. Also I would consider taking a before picture or a 50/50 picture for a more dramatic affect.

Interesting that you used it on clear plastic. Does it suggest that as one of its uses?

This is a product I haven't heard much about. Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant penetrates beyond the surface to maintain pliability and integrity of vinyl and rubber surfaces!

Thanks again!

Oops! Almost forgot... Here is a link that will show you how to insert pictures into your review. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...r-message.html
    Nice review Ted! Dont listen to this Dog Character!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a sample of this a few weeks ago and was initially disappointed. The first impression was that it was too glossy and greasy. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and then went back over everything with a dry micro fiber. I still thought it was a little too glossy, but the next day I noticed the gloss had really calmed down. The look on the dash is very even and clean looking. I really like what it did to the exterior rubber trim. I almost considered getting it when it was on BOGO but there are a few others I want to try before I make a long term commitment.

Post Thanks / Like

As weird as it is..... This is the first I am hearing of this product here on AGO. The pics look good!!! I'm gonna have to get a sample next order!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    As weird as it is..... This is the first I am hearing of this product here on AGO. The pics look good!!! I'm gonna have to get a sample next order!!!

LOL, I'm not sure I've ever heard of it either.

Hey Ted, btw: Nice work on the tan paint work!

I'm impressed it doesn't streak on clear plastic (not that I would personally use it for that).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again!

I appreciate the critic. Also, thanks for the link, I did not know how to insert the pics, otherwise I would have. I also didn't think to put the word review in the title; I will be sure to next time to avoid any confusion. As far as the clear plastic, I have no idea if it is suggested but figured it was worth a try, and worked out amazing: I tend to experiment and see if products have any alternative uses, and I will add to this thread if I discover anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    I actually just got a sample of WG V&RP a week or so ago and have been testing it on vinyl, plastic, and rubber compared to 303. I have been using 303 for years now and have always liked the more matte look you get if you buff off excess. It keeps things cleaner than other protectants and really prevents fading. After awhile of using any protectant I think you have to clean it from the surfaces you have been applying it to and start over to keep from any yellowing from build-up and dirt. The WG V&Rp seems to absorb into smoother surfaces a little more efficiently the 303. But, I have noticed the 303 can be layered to achieve a brighter shine. The one trick that work when trying to get any protectant to absorb/adhere better to plastic is to use a blow dryer/heat gun to warm the item you are protecting so that the pores open up and you get minimal wash off when it gets wet. The WG V&Rp is thicker and doesn't seem to have this problem as much as the 303. I think run-off occurred with 303 for me recently because I tried layer too much before the initial application cured. 303 does seem to allow a light buffing without removing much gloss. Whereas the WG seems to lose gloss a little easier if you don't just let it dry after the initial application. I am still testing the WG's longevity in the elements. It seems to hold up on plastic bed rail covers well after light misting. Will post sometime soon my test with my tire using both 303/WG V&Rpro.
    I will be interested in seeing this

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    I'm jealous Ted. Wish my 01 S10 had the darker int. Or at least that mine had held up better. All my dash grills are busted up from the sun; Louisiana born truck, and spent almost 6yrs between La/Fl, plus the past 4 yrs. in the Va sun(had over two month straight Va summer sun with out any detailing which sealed the deal). But 303 did help a lot.
    Well, the interior on the s10's is , well, lets say for lack of better words, very economic. I am surprised mine hasn't dried or cracked, and I'm considering a dash mat. Now my grill, bumbers and quarter panels are in dire need of attention. I will look to correct them more this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Nice review Ted! Dont listen to this Dog Character!
    I am very open to constructive critisism. Thank you for your opinion of the review. It's my first review, so it's far from perfect. But thanks.
    LOL, I'm not sure I've ever heard of it either.

Hey Ted, btw: Nice work on the tan paint work!

I'm impressed it doesn't streak on clear plastic (not that I would personally use it for that).
    Thanks. Hey, if you ever get some WG V&R P, try it on clear plastic and you will be amazed. As long as you buff the excess it leaves it smooth and clear. I should have took a picture of the before, but originally did not intend to get any on the clear plastic, but an accident turned into a miracle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast